I am currently living in my parents basement. AMA

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
a_skeleton_02 moves into his parents' basement, Mist moves into his thread.

• 27Worf
  • 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 32 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
There's nothing more depressing imho than someone that doesn't want to travel, or more specifically hasn't seen the world. To me, especially as I get older, it gets harder and harder to trigger those happiness dopamine receptors, and the last remaining thing that can still trigger them in ways they did as a kid is to travel somewhere entirely unfamiliar. Seeing some crazy plants/animals that you've never seen before, hanging in a hidden lagoon in the middle of literally knowhere, surrounded by monkeys and parrots. Seeing a ridiculous Japanese robot show. Smoking some weed with some total strangers you can barely communicate with. Flirting with some entirely foreign women. Eating foods you've never heard of before. Staring at the stars on the other side of the planet with clarity you never even imagined. The list goes on.. When you're 75 you won't give two thoughts to the 40 years you spent doing fucking Avaya tech support, you'll be thinking of that time you travelled to X and had the time of your life. Don't miss out.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
At least start with a stay-cation or cruise if you are that scared to step out.

I love staycations -- find a super nice ass hotel nearby and just go rip it for a few days and treat yoself. Im talking daily spa treatments, room service, getting hammered at random bars and in the hotel lobby and meeting travelers (scissors?), shopping trips, all the finest things.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Also, I literally do not know how to travel. I've only been on three trips ever, and they were for competitions in high school (VICA, FBLA) and everything was basically arranged for me. My parents never traveled either in their adult lives, my mom traveled a lot as a kid because her father was a semi-famous pianist, and my dad saw basically all of Europe in the USMC.

a_skeleton_02 can get you directions to his mothers basement I'm sure.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I normally hate cruises because I don't get the allure of being stuffed into a boat with a gazillion other people when I could be free-ranging across an island/city, but it might be a good first step for Mist.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
@a_skeleton_02, what are you going to tell girls about your living situation? You gunna admit you live in your mom's basement? You gunna try to explain that you're just temporarily stayin with you mom? Or are you just going to dodge the question and be like, yeah baby they fumigating my house.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I normally hate cruises because I don't get the allure of being stuffed into a boat with a gazillion other people when I could be free-ranging across an island/city, but it might be a good first step for Mist.

It would be perfect for mist.

The shit your talking about is next level tier. I remember going to Brazil to the American cafes didn’t know what they were and was doing google translate with what I thought were merely strippers. Little did I know they wanted my dick and money. Had to hightail it out of there when she showed me her pussy soap on her undies to make it smell good.

Big ass was fun to play with though hahaah

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
@a_skeleton_02, what are you going to tell girls about your living situation? You gunna admit you live in your mom's basement? You gunna try to explain that you're just temporarily stayin with you mom? Or are you just going to dodge the question and be like, yeah baby they fumigating my house.

I'm in a kinda strange situation with my girl, We always where kinda casual but now i'm moving out it's pretty much over. We had a last huray at Gencon and now we are in a soft break up.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I think it's safe to say he may go a few weeks without having to deal with that situation

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
In that sense Philly is the least active city in the country and Denver is the most active city.

I'm gonna have to like ride a bike or something.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm in a kinda strange situation with my girl, We always where kinda casual but now i'm moving out it's pretty much over. We had a last huray at Gencon and now we are in a soft break up.

I live nearby and was at Gencon, you should have hit me up to grab a beer and to help huray her.

• 2Worf

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I won't lose my job if I take a vacation, but I'll lose at the very least 30% of my normal base pay for those, and use up all my vacation time, which also doubles as my sick time since we don't get sick days.

Also, I literally do not know how to travel. I've only been on three trips ever, and they were for competitions in high school (VICA, FBLA) and everything was basically arranged for me. My parents never traveled either in their adult lives, my mom traveled a lot as a kid because her father was a semi-famous pianist, and my dad saw basically all of Europe in the USMC.

We were just never in the class of people who took vacations.

I'm also just super afraid that if I ever do break out of the pattern I'm in, what happens if I don't want to ever go back?

Oh god, I'm like Morty playing Roy..."You beat cancer and then you went back to work at the carpet store?"

Don't listen to them, just keep doing what you're doing and you'll find happyness at the end of the tunnel.

Or an oncoming train.

One of those.

• 2Worf
  • 1Salty
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users