I am currently living in my parents basement. AMA

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Lendarios playing that long game, to just happen to run into Mist while at a MTG tournament.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I don't even like touching other people anymore.

If I could live the rest of my life in solitary confinement I would.

a_skeleton_02 said you didn't need to touch him. He'd take care of all the work.

iu

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I normally hate cruises because I don't get the allure of being stuffed into a boat with a gazillion other people when I could be free-ranging across an island/city, but it might be a good first step for Mist.
I used to feel the same way until my wife talked me into doing one. We did the giant Royal Caribbean ship that has like 6k passengers on it and a park with actual plants, grass and trees. Best time I had had in years. At this point I have cruised to just about every spot in the Carribean. I put the risk of catching something along the lines of visiting a strip club.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I've done multiple cruises. I hate them with a passion. I'd rather go to a resort and be in charge of what I do during the day instead of having to wait for the ship to get to a port to do something interesting.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've done multiple cruises. I hate them with a passion. I'd rather go to a resort and be in charge of what I do during the day instead of having to wait for the ship to get to a port to do something interesting.
Activities are for the wife and kid. For me its feet up on the balcony, book in hand and the only noise is the ocean against the boat. I break this up with frequent trips to the soft-serve icecream machine and whatever dinner the wife planned for us.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Activities are for the wife and kid. For me its feet up on the balcony, book in hand and the only noise is the ocean against the boat. I break this up with frequent trips to the soft-serve icecream machine and whatever dinner the wife planned for us.

Yeah, I totally understand what you're saying. That's just not me on vacation. I want to have a beach. I love to cook local things. I want to sus out the fun things to do locally. I want to hike, I love hiking. When I camp, it's always in the back-woods sites that you have to hike miles to, carrying your tent with you.

Given that, you can see how a cruise isn't my thing.

However, I know many people who love them, including some of my own family. They're great on hospitality, there's great food, there's no hiking.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Mist how much money do you have saved?
Don’t you have enough for 2 moths expenses?
If you do, anything else is extra.

I get you, and at the same time I don’t get you. You seem to have this need for attention from us, others that is way beyond a healthy level. I’m an attention whore myself, and I when I read what you type, it feels like you are an emotionally underdeveloped person. I don’t mean it to offend you, and I don’t i ever have engaged with you at something this personal, and probably never will, because I’m not a fan of giving advise to people who don’t follow it.

My advise is simple, do, you like magic? Are you decent at it, and have the cards, go to the next Star city games tournament. Hop on a plane, go to the place rent a room for 1 to 2 days and see how good are you.

It is only going to set you back 300.00 in travel expenses, and you will have lots of fun.

One thing magic players hate is other magic players no one goes to a tournament for the comrade.

Most would be like triple miserable

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Mist dream vacation will be home schooling our baseball team sized family in a remote location in the Colorado Rockies while we await Helter Skelter.

• 6Worf
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 7 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, I totally understand what you're saying. That's just not me on vacation. I want to have a beach. I love to cook local things. I want to sus out the fun things to do locally. I want to hike, I love hiking. When I camp, it's always in the back-woods sites that you have to hike miles to, carrying your tent with you.

Given that, you can see how a cruise isn't my thing.

However, I know many people who love them, including some of my own family. They're great on hospitality, there's great food, there's no hiking.
I totally get what you're saying. I grew up in Ft Lauderdale and spent a lifetime at the beach. Shore excursions have to be something out of the ordinary to get me interested these days. And a lot of the Caribbean stops are remind me of Baltimore on a Saturday night. That being said swimming with Dolphins in St. Kitts, ziplining across the bay in Haiti and the Atlantis water park on Paradise Island are all good enough to drag me away from my book.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Did you guys forget when I said my mom's been dead over a year?

I remember, I think its a pass on a_skeleton_02 for not being able to recall such an important positive for him in a potential relationship.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
How often do you masterbate then?

Fucking A man, it's MAST UR BATE, you aren't mastering a bate, you are taking your mast and urbating it.

Someone start a gofundme to get Mist a sybian.

I would never pay a dime to a go-fund-me for a person that makes 140K a year with no kids. Not even as a joke, that shit would be retarded.

Cruises were a lot more fun before being married. Cruises were basically made for middle income people to hang out and fuck each other casually. Sure if you roll Carnival or Disney now, it's basically a floating day-care center with water park like features and unlimited food.

Last cruise I went on was with my wife and it was a quick 3 day to Mexico from SoCal. Made the mistake of getting off in mexico and found spent shells at the landing port where everyone was hanging out, took a tourist trap and generally just hated the event. Mexicans have gotten a lot more shady in their shit, I'm looking through shit trying to get a deal and the dude sraight up says, "If you didn't want to pay the price, why even come in?" for OBVIOUSLY not "Silver" rings and shit.

On the other hand, my cruise before that one was solo and hit up Jamaica, that place was chill as fuck. The people were amazing, people generally just want to relax there and make money on tourists so the atmosphere is WAAY more laid back, casual conversations with everyone because people just generally wanna hang out. Sure you can hit up tourist traps but the best deal is just to hit up beaches, my god the water there was amazing, super clear.

The BEST part about cruises though? The last stretch at sea before hitting home. When the captain is basically going "FUCK WE GOTTA GET BACK!" and he is just maxing out that ship like he's fucking Magnum PI and he's trying to solve the god damn mystery of the missing bullshit plot line. That stretch is amazing because if you have the ability to not get sea-sick you can basically have the run of the place as everyone else is down in their room trying not to die.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Dont they have dyke and gay cruises? Im sure they do. Imagine the scissor fights mist could get intio.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Dont they have dyke and gay cruises? Im sure they do. Imagine the scissor fights mist could get intio.

Yes but they are really gay. So gay that the few gay people that I do know that went on one, went on ONE when they became a thing and then never again. Basically they are floating gay pride days and if THAT if your thing then by all means. For the few I know that went on one, they never liked pride because it's basically autistic gay.

actually...Mist may like it then...

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Mist Mist

Don't do cruises. I don't gather that you are the type of person who would like them. I mean, they're better than nothing, but they are cramped and boring (imo). Go south of the border and do an all-inclusive resort. Mexico or, Jamaica or, if I were you, Costa Rica. Costa Rica is a chill and relatively safe country that is absolutely beautiful, and it has all-inclusive resorts of very nice quality.

I advise this for several reasons:

1) It is newbie friendly. If you are not an experienced traveler and if you book an all-inclusive resort through a travel agent (Apple Vacations or the like), then they will literally hold your hand all the way. You fly there, a bus is waiting for you at the airport, you get to the hotel, they hand you a drink as you walk through the door, and then the travel agency sucks your literal cock off for the whole stay. Meanwhile, you don't have to think much about money as it has already been spent. All you have to think about is pools, beaches, walking/hiking trips, and flirting. Food and drinks are On-Demand at your beck and call. You don't even have to think about it.

2) You don't even have to think about it. I believe this is also newbie friendly. Because you aren't constantly having to micro-manage your daily itinerary, or rent a car, or buy groceries, or plan your route to the place you want to go, you can just...... max and relax. The money is already paid, all you have to do is suck in the service and the luxury.

3) You can max and relax. And that is the entire psychological benefit so many others are trying to press home to you. You cannot understand the value of stuff like this until you just do it. Once you're there and you get over the initial anxiety (I always have a little bit of travel anxiety, but I also always overcome it quickly), you will feel so much better. And when you get home? That's where the real pay-off is found, imo. When you get back to work for the first time your co-workers will look at you with new eyes, and you will look at yourself with news eyes. The whole point is to get new eyes.

As I've said to you for like what, 5 years now?, you are always welcome to come to St. Louis in the humid fuck-you heat of late summer and ride on my ambulance with me in the north-side ghetto for a few days. It might make you appreciate a lot of things you have at home in White Collar Rhode Island that you never really thought about before.

Be it the ghetto or the beach, it is the perspective itself, the binocular vision it gives you, that is the true value.

Honestly? It doesn't even fucking matter where you go. Just go somewhere.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users