I am currently living in my parents basement. AMA

Caliane

I won't lose my job if I take a vacation, but I'll lose at the very least 30% of my normal base pay for those, and use up all my vacation time, which also doubles as my sick time since we don't get sick days.

Also, I literally do not know how to travel. I've only been on three trips ever, and they were for competitions in high school (VICA, FBLA) and everything was basically arranged for me. My parents never traveled either in their adult lives, my mom traveled a lot as a kid because her father was a semi-famous pianist, and my dad saw basically all of Europe in the USMC.

We were just never in the class of people who took vacations.

I'm also just super afraid that if I ever do break out of the pattern I'm in, what happens if I don't want to ever go back?

Oh god, I'm like Morty playing Roy..."You beat cancer and then you went back to work at the carpet store?"
didnt you say you travel for work or something?

Wombat is mostly right. you really seem like you need to get out and explore. I'd say not Europe or anything though. I would suggest more "great outdoors" type stuff. go to Alaska, Dakotas, grand canyon, New Foundland, Maine or something. go commune with nature. get away from the internet. be yourself out in nature with no people. Reset your people tolerance. and come back.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I won't lose my job if I take a vacation, but I'll lose at the very least 30% of my normal base pay for those, and use up all my vacation time, which also doubles as my sick time since we don't get sick days.

Also, I literally do not know how to travel. I've only been on three trips ever, and they were for competitions in high school (VICA, FBLA) and everything was basically arranged for me. My parents never traveled either in their adult lives, my mom traveled a lot as a kid because her father was a semi-famous pianist, and my dad saw basically all of Europe in the USMC.

We were just never in the class of people who took vacations.

I'm also just super afraid that if I ever do break out of the pattern I'm in, what happens if I don't want to ever go back?

Oh god, I'm like Morty playing Roy..."You beat cancer and then you went back to work at the carpet store?"

you work phone tech support right? think of how stupid your average client is. now realize that the travel industry is built in such a way so that even your clients can travel with no issue.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Didn't take long for this to become a Mist thread.

Just stream yourself scissoring various broads for us.

i mean it's a a_skeleton_02 thread so yeah, of course his long-term internet girlfriend is going to be a topic of discussion. he did tag her in the first post, y'know.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
you work phone tech support right? think of how stupid your average client is.
I work in Managed Services, specifically for telecom but also frequently for whatever underlying network routing/switching/firewalls and/or whatever virtual environment that hosts the telecom/voicemail/contact center server VMs. I literally work in a call center that services the servers that run other people's call centers. My average client is the Director of IT or the Director of Telecoms for a Fortune 500 company or the Director of Public Safety for a county-wide 911 system, calling in the middle of the night/weekend because their call center isn't taking calls. Or, whatever platform micromanages their cubicle slaves/records their calls and bathroom breaks has stopped working and now their management is having a heart attack because they have no useless charts to look at.

These people are not stupid.

Most of the cases I work are things that their entire telecom or network team has already looked at and thrown their hands up in the air and decided to call their support vendor. There are a couple companies who are too cheap to have an internal telecom team and so we do field the occasional retarded call, like some pizza parlor with a 20 year old phone system with 2 pots lines and 6 analog extensions, or some lady's yoga studio that we sold a wifi router to once 8 years ago and expects lifetime support for free, but they're not the norm.

In between these calls I am working alarm after alarm after alarm, because we also real-time monitor all of these systems using a variety of completely shitty tools, which eventually get piped into our ticket system. Technically, we shouldn't even GET calls, we should be calling the customer and telling them their shit is broken before they even know it's down. But because those alarms now come into our ticket system by way of the WORST Indian MSP you can imagine, we very frequently do not get the right alarms at the right time to identify the problem before customers call in. Root causing those alarm failures and working with the management of the offshore team is the OTHER OTHER part of my shitty fucking job.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I work in Managed Services, specifically for telecom but also frequently for whatever underlying network routing/switching/firewalls and/or whatever virtual environment that hosts the telecom/voicemail/contact center server VMs. I literally work in a call center that services the servers that run other people's call centers. My average client is the Director of IT or the Director of Telecoms for a Fortune 500 company or the Director of Public Safety for a county-wide 911 system, calling in the middle of the night/weekend because their call center isn't taking calls. Or, whatever platform micromanages their cubicle slaves/records their calls and bathroom breaks has stopped working and now their management is having a heart attack because they have no useless charts to look at.

These people are not stupid.

Most of the cases I work are things that their entire telecom or network team has already looked at and thrown their hands up in the air and decided to call their support vendor. There are a couple companies who are too cheap to have an internal telecom team and so we do field the occasional retarded call, like some pizza parlor with a 20 year old phone system with 2 pots lines and 6 analog extensions, or some lady's yoga studio that we sold a wifi router to once 8 years ago and expects lifetime support for free, but they're not the norm.

In between these calls I am working alarm after alarm after alarm, because we also real-time monitor all of these systems using a variety of completely shitty tools, which eventually get piped into our ticket system. Technically, we shouldn't even GET calls, we should be calling the customer and telling them their shit is broken before they even know it's down. But because those alarms now come into our ticket system by way of the WORST Indian MSP you can imagine, we very frequently do not get the right alarms at the right time to identify the problem before customers call in. Root causing those alarm failures and working with the management of the offshore team is the OTHER OTHER part of my shitty fucking job.

When was your last sexual experience?

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
When was the last time you had sex with a man?

Point of personal privilege.

People are not nouns or people at all, they are humans and humans have sex with many things and the things you have sex with dont mean you are anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1Worf
  • 1Triggered
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Don't listen to them, just keep doing what you're doing and you'll find happyness at the end of the tunnel.

Or an oncoming train.

One of those.

All of these blood sucking republicans trying to help you focus on you and live your best life.

High school.

Might be time to give it the old college try. I dont know if @a_skeleton_02 is the best option, maybe so though I have a feeling he will put in the effort and work you deserve.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Might be time to give it the old college try. I dont know if @a_skeleton_02 is the best option, maybe so though I have a feeling he will put in the effort and work you deserve.
I don't even like touching other people anymore.

If I could live the rest of my life in solitary confinement I would.

• 2Salty
  • 1Dislike
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Mist how much money do you have saved?
Don’t you have enough for 2 moths expenses?
If you do, anything else is extra.

I get you, and at the same time I don’t get you. You seem to have this need for attention from us, others that is way beyond a healthy level. I’m an attention whore myself, and I when I read what you type, it feels like you are an emotionally underdeveloped person. I don’t mean it to offend you, and I don’t i ever have engaged with you at something this personal, and probably never will, because I’m not a fan of giving advise to people who don’t follow it.

My advise is simple, do, you like magic? Are you decent at it, and have the cards, go to the next Star city games tournament. Hop on a plane, go to the place rent a room for 1 to 2 days and see how good are you.

It is only going to set you back 300.00 in travel expenses, and you will have lots of fun.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users