Interesting, Non Political News

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
the police are fat and lazy, if they cant track your electronic devices, then you are a fucking ghost to them. they dont have the resources to make massive search missions anymore. they rely on tipsters. if somebody says they saw you in east bumblefuck they will send the cops only to east bumblefuck. things have changed, one, everyone has a mask on now, 2 this guy isnt that well known because nobody watches TV anymore. and 3. fuck the police, let them figure it out. if that dude walked by me and i knew what the fuck he looked like(i still dont), i would go about my day like no big deal and laugh about it.
jfc, a reality star meme is better at solving a missing persons case than the entirety of the east coast fbi

now it's confirmed that bald dudes family camped at that spot that dog got tipped off on

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi

i bet you those 6 bicyclists were acting like assholes owning the rode
I've read a couple articles about the event. Neither of them made any mention of the driver swerving, losing control, or anything like that.

If a cyclist is in the road and get shit by a car its the cyclists fault. Children's toys dont belong in traffic.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I've read a couple articles about the event. Neither of them made any mention of the driver swerving, losing control, or anything like that.

If a cyclist is in the road and get shit by a car its the cyclists fault. Children's toys dont belong in traffic.
As far as I know, bicycles in the road are essentially considered the same as a car with respect to all laws (with some few obvious required exceptions like passing them on solid line and such).

I have done zero research on this, so take it for what it is worth, but bikes need to follow the same rules as cars (stop signs, yields, signaling, etc) and therefore, theoretically, a car is required to treat them as fellow motorists.

However, all it takes is one or two obnoxious bike cunts to drive in the middle of a lane in their racing spandex and insist the world treat them like serious bidness to make everyone else want to murder all cyclists. The cyclists also insist on their space in the road and then proceed to not obey a single additional road law - ever see a cyclist stop at a Stop sign? I have not.

I hate cyclists with the fire of the sun, and I live in a city that has actually physically converted already overpopulated lanes of traffic and parking into exclusive bike lanes to try and "green" transit into the core.

I believe the true story probably has every single person involved being a complete dickweed.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

The problem is always speed. If you're on a road that has a 35 mph speed limit, and you're plugging along at 15-20 mph in ANY mode of transport, you're going to start pissing off motorists.

There is a local town where some of the people who live there insist on riding their horses on the main roads and they always cause traffic issues. Plus the poor horses get freaked out when people get pissed and then go to pass them.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
As far as I know, bicycles in the road are essentially considered the same as a car with respect to all laws (with some few obvious required exceptions like passing them on solid line and such).

I have done zero research on this, so take it for what it is worth, but bikes need to follow the same rules as cars (stop signs, yields, signaling, etc) and therefore, theoretically, a car is required to treat them as fellow motorists.

However, all it takes is one or two obnoxious bike cunts to drive in the middle of a lane in their racing spandex and insist the world treat them like serious bidness to make everyone else want to murder all cyclists. The cyclists also insist on their space in the road and then proceed to not obey a single additional road law - ever see a cyclist stop at a Stop sign? I have not.

I hate cyclists with the fire of the sun, and I live in a city that has actually physically converted already overpopulated lanes of traffic and parking into exclusive bike lanes to try and "green" transit into the core.

I believe the true story probably has every single person involved being a complete dickweed.
That’s true in the US too. You can’t just run bicyclists over because they’re in the road, as much as you’d like to. The kid was trying to fuck with them and failed. He won’t get prison because he’s 16, but what he did wasn’t legal.

I wouldn’t mind the bicyclists out in the country roads if they would single file but they don’t. They spread out and take up the entire lane and force you to wait until the other lanes is clear for a long time to pass them. The speed limit is 50 and they’re doing 15-20. Really fucking annoying. And city bicyclists are fucking pricks that hit people on purpose. Both types are annoying as fuck.

• 2Like
  • 1OK, Sure
Reactions: 2 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi

To be clear, I believe you're correct about the actual legislation.

I was referring to the Law Of The Road, which states: "get your fucking childrens toy out of traffic"

When I was a kid, we biked everywhere. When a car came, we pulled over to the side of the road and let it pass. Because we werent retarded. Keep in mind, this was the 70s and 80s, we barely wore seat belts, we had chicken pox parties, restaurants still had smoking sections, and we rode around in the back of pickup trucks all the time.

But we werent such goddam idiots we'd ride bikes in traffic; what kind of absolute retard would do that?

30-40 years later, theyre all absolute retards. We should be allowed to just run them the fuck over, literally. If those 6 cyclists were in the road, homeboy literally did nothing wrong.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty

Kiki

Log Wizard
Its a problem around here (Texas), bunch of blind curvy roads with no shoulder and 1 lane. And yeah they are entitled assholes. They shut down a city I work in just the other day, right down the middle for a bike thing, couldn't get to the other side of town on any bridge, all 3 were shut down, and they were stretched down the highway for 15 miles on a single lane highway. "But it boosts the local economy" Fuck that shit. Go get a track or something at a park jesus, why risk your life to a jacked up truck that everyone has because it's fucking Texas. I'm sure that coal rolling dude is an asshole, but I really don't have any sympathy for bikes on fucking highways.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Salty

Cybsled

When I was a kid, we rode our bikes on the sidewalk. They were empty 99% of the time anyways.

I remember being 12 on the side walk with my bike with my friend. Cop rolls up and says you can’t ride on sidewalks. I replied that the road was busy and did he really want kids riding in traffic with psychos who can’t drive. He mumbled something and then drove off, because he probably realized telling young kids to play in traffic wasn’t wise lol

• 2Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
jfc, a reality star meme is better at solving a missing persons case than the entirety of the east coast fbi

now it's confirmed that bald dudes family camped at that spot that dog got tipped off on

It's a fake story.

Gabby = Gab = Talk Petito = Petite = Small .... Small Talk

Brian = Brain Laundrie = Laundry = Wash .... Brain Wash

Small Talk Brainwashing

It's just a fake story to distract people

• 4Mother of God
  • 3Galaxy Brain
  • 2Mic Drop
Reactions: 10 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's a fake story.

Gabby = Gab = Talk Petito = Petite = Small .... Small Talk

Brian = Brain Laundrie = Laundry = Wash .... Brain Wash

Small Talk Brainwashing

It's just a fake story to distract people
You're my favorite poster.

• 3Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
hilarious and believable

Smartphone addiction is a really funny thing to watch from the outside. its such an extreme compulsion and people just have so little shame or self awareness about indulging it constantly.

Meh there is a huge difference between jackoffs checking Twitter and their Instagram likes than there is the 100+ work emails / texts I have to handle a day. Literally have a 'remind me next week' macro or I wouldn't get fuck all done.

• 1Truth!

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
  • 1Picard

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
When I was a kid, we rode our bikes on the sidewalk. They were empty 99% of the time anyways.

I remember being 12 on the side walk with my bike with my friend. Cop rolls up and says you can’t ride on sidewalks. I replied that the road was busy and did he really want kids riding in traffic with psychos who can’t drive. He mumbled something and then drove off, because he probably realized telling young kids to play in traffic wasn’t wise lol
i wasnt allowed to ride in the street when i was a little kid, i got my first bike when i was 6. so i had to ride on the sidewalk around the block over and over. before that i had something called a Big Wheel and i used to do the same. there wasnt anyone walking on the sidewalk hardly ever. i was allowed to ride on the street around 13 when i got my first ten speed. that thing moved so fast it was pretty fucking dangerous to ride on the sidewalk. the tires were much thinner than my Kent or Schwinn were. i never used those stupid tard helmets they make the kids wear now. i never even knew anyone who wore that dumb shit. and i wasnt even careful. i got fucked up a number of times. flew over the handlebars more than once on my older bikes. smacked right into a tree due to broken sidewalk. went over the handlebars and some old guy runs over to me thinking i was killed. i had cut my arm up, but i just laughed when he asked if i was ok and said sure. he looked at me like i was a damned fool and went on his way. fun times when you were still allowed to be a dumb fucking kid. ten speed though, that was the real deal. you could do 20 mph on those and i went everywhere. one time i came down a long hill and i burned out my brakes trying to stop and just sailed right on down til i slowed down naturally on level ground. was the most terrifying moment of my childhood.

TLDR
adults doing dumb shit on their bikes deserve to get run the fuck over. that includes motorcyclists. ive seen my share of people who turned themselves into mashed potatoes on the highway because they werent being careful. no sympathy.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Dislike