Interesting, Non Political News

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Emile Leray, now 43, was driving his Citroen 2CV across the Afrian desert when he was stopped at a military outpost by the Royal Gendermerie - the Moroccan military, reports Oddity Central.

He was told the area was restricted and he couldn't go through. Ignoring the request, he instead drove off at top speed into the rocky terrain of the restricted area, making sure the military officials weren't following him, according to the site.

But before long, his he crashed the car into a rock, rendering it unable to drive.

The nearest village was 20 miles away and Leray didn't want to risk making the trek on foot. He had several days' worth of water and a hacksaw on him. He set to work taking apart the wrecked car and building a DIY motorbike from the car parts.

It took 12 days. When he finished he had a half liter of water left. He rode to the nearest village, according to various reports.

He used the body of the car as shelter during sandstorms. He shortened the car's chassis and reattached the axles and two of the wheels, and installed the engine and gearbox in the middle.
The Frenchman's extreme adventure happened in 1993, but wasn't heavily publicized at the time, according to the Mail.

"I put myself in what one calls survival mode. I ate less; I monitored my supplies of water and food to make them last as long as possible," he told the paper.

Dubbed the "extreme mechanic" for the awesome feat, the 43-year-old now lives in Northwest France.
389EE80B-C221-4BD9-9DB2-AFE3821E840F.jpeg

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ignored warnings, restricted areas, and went full speed into the desert only to crash into a rock miles from civilization. Yet, surviving one's own idiocy becomes a tale with a movie rights deal.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Really? ya think?

Yes, we adopt a different personality. Myself, for example, I put on a personality that doesnt feel a strong need to punch stupid people in the face over and over until we're both bleeding but theyre bleeding more.

Its a useful thing, one might even say necessary for civilization.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It took 12 days to build the bike and the nearest village was 20 miles?

Wtf?
Imagine this story if the guy died instead. People eventually find a body and some kind of half finished two wheeled contraption out in the desert. Headline reads “Retard dies within walking distance of town while building a hillbilly motorcycle”

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Two other power rangers were also convicted of murder. One around 2008, one around 2016

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Leaked details said that Geico lawyers never showed up to the arbitration, so it was only her vs him on claims of deception and the medical bills.

But since Geico doesn't like that ruling they're trying to get a court to overturn an arbitration which if successful would undermine that entire institution across the country. $5M is chump change and their own legal department 100% has the blame, but now they are Streisand effecting the whole enterprise.