Interesting, Non Political News

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Does anyone have @Bubbles on suicide watch?

f(x) actually put out good songs, they old tho, like GG era

sulli recently put out some multiple personality vid

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
WTF is wrong with this state?

I'm trying to figure out why this is bad. You may have better luck with some of the other shit he did:

"Newsom also signed a number of other bills into law on Friday designed to prevent animal cruelty.
One piece of legislation bans the use of animals like tigers and elephants in circuses. Another prohibits hunting, trapping and killing bobcats, and another protects horses from slaughter. Newsom also made it illegal to sell more types of dead animals, adding to an existing list of other wildlife."

Newsom is about 1 and a half testosterone shots better than Trudeau - which is to say, not much - but you're gonna have to do a LITTLE to sell this fur ban position.

• 1Like

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
In fierce gun battle with drug cartel combatants, several Mexican soldiers were taken hostage, leading to release of El Chapo’s son
Mexican security forces briefly captured and then released one of country’s most powerful drug lords Thursday after being overpowered by heavily armed combatants who laid siege to the northern Mexican city of Culiacan. An intense gunfight with heavy weapons and burning vehicles blocking roads paralyzed the capital of Mexico’s Sinaloa state after security forces located one of Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzmán’s sons who is wanted in the U.S. on drug trafficking charges.

Mexican security secretary Alfonso Durazo said 30 members of the National Guard and army were patrolling in Culiacan when they were fired on from a house. Authorities returned fire, took control of the house and found four occupants inside, including 28-year-old Guzman. But when allies of Guzman flocked to the scene and “surrounded the house with a greater force,” security forces left without him.

Defense Secretary Luis Sandoval, speaking at the same news conference, added that several soldiers had been taken hostage by the armed combatants, and that officials decided to abandon the operation in part to rescue them.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I'm trying to figure out why this is bad. You may have better luck with some of the other shit he did:

"Newsom also signed a number of other bills into law on Friday designed to prevent animal cruelty.
One piece of legislation bans the use of animals like tigers and elephants in circuses. Another prohibits hunting, trapping and killing bobcats, and another protects horses from slaughter. Newsom also made it illegal to sell more types of dead animals, adding to an existing list of other wildlife."

Newsom is about 1 and a half testosterone shots better than Trudeau - which is to say, not much - but you're gonna have to do a LITTLE to sell this fur ban position.
Democrats in 2019: selling parts of dead animals is murder, but cutting up babies to sell their parts is a constitutional right.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
1571634984315.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Unless they are going to cut their rates in half they are super fucked come Nov.

Yeah, that's not a move you commit to when things are going well.

It'll take a little while for netflix to die but they're on that trajectory. They'll pull a hulu and shrink back down to being a fairly minor presence.

• 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that's not a move you commit to when things are going well.

It'll take a little while for netflix to die but they're on that trajectory. They'll pull a hulu and shrink back down to being a fairly minor presence.

I get more mileage out of HULU than NF or Prime, Hulu's biggest problem is their interface and 'genre' filters, and home page 'freshness'. If you use search function they have WAY more content than you would ever know unless you dug for it.

Also PLUTO TV is pretty good for a poor man's Hulu. And its free.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
I liked Hulu a lot years ago, but they really chose the worst of all worlds for a business model.

Their catalog was deep though.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I liked Hulu a lot years ago, but they really chose the worst of all worlds for a business model.

Their catalog was deep though.

Prime is a trip because its catalog is as old as I am, lotta movies and TV are from when I was a kid. But you can only Nostalgia so much. I wish someone would pretty please bring back all the old USA network TV like Parker Lewis, Briscoe County, and G vs. E. I'd settle for just G vs. E, only place you can find that is ebay VHS copies.

Super under rated show.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The long game is to just get Disney+ and wait for them to finish consuming every other production house.

• 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Holy fuck!!!!!

Stupid almost killed him, stupid saved his life. My guess is he will never stop being stupid that way.

The driver apparently was leaning down to get something he dropped when he ran into the log truck, O'Brien said
Because the driver was not in the upright position in his seat, his head ended up in a gap between the logs, O'Brien said

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
The long game is to just get Disney+ and wait for them to finish consuming every other production house.

Considering they are going back to censor their old content to be PC, and firing showrunners like Kurt Sutter for not getting on the PC program, Disney owning everything would fucking suck unless you only want to watch BravoTV type shows. The Little Mermaid will have a penis any day now.

• 1Like