Interesting, Non Political News

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
That's fucked up, hopefully find whoever did it

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I haven't eaten at McDonalds in like 30ish years, but I always thought it was just flat orange soda lol

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
A terrible IT department left unsecured remote access software, with every remote user using the same login/password, running on industrial control systems, and they did not even put the remote access software behind a firewall or require VPN access to reach it.

Everyone involved is guilty of criminal negligence.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
That's unbelievable. Was it caused by snow?

It was the toll lane that's barricade in on both sides. There was a small patch of ice just below a rise nobody had run into or saw and then only took one or two getting sideways in the toll lane. There hadn't been any ice from what people said and then there was. The forecast was for no precipitation. One after another. Toll lanes get 10mph bonus over the rest of the lanes. Dark, no ice, no rain, no snow, and then there was ice and everyone stopping at once from speed and couldn't swerve off to the side. Semis stopping and getting sideways and turned around didn't help.

No win either way. Get crushed from people stopping or getting sideways due to the ice. Slow down and cause a wreck almost as big in a lane that people expect to not be going 45.

Last edited:
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It was the toll lane that's barricade in on both sides. There was a small patch of ice just below a rise nobody had run into or saw and then only took one or two getting sideways in the toll lane. There hadn't been any ice from what people said and then there was. The forecast was for no precipitation. One after another. Toll lanes get 10mph bonus over the rest of the lanes. Dark, no ice, no rain, no snow, and then there was ice and everyone stopping at once from speed and couldn't swerve off to the side. Semis stopping and getting sideways and turned around didn't help.

No win either way. Get crushed from people stopping or getting sideways due to the ice. Slow down and cause a wreck almost as big in a lane that people expect to not be going 45.
I almost wonder if some truck spilled water or worse some brilliant terrorist just dumps a igloo cooler when it's that cold.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I almost wonder if some truck spilled water or worse some brilliant terrorist just dumps a igloo cooler when it's that cold.
On one video, you see the wheels spinning on a car on the other side of the highway, as cars are piling into the wreck one after another. So the entire highway was iced.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
That morning had a flash rain storm that caused ice for about 5 mins, it was wild. I had never seen anything like it. I had to pull over and stop because it completely iced my window and caused 0 visibility. Took 2 or 3 mins for my defroster to de-ice it.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
2021 Toro Power Max 826 OHAE Snowthrowers with model number 37802 are being recalled due to their augers failing to disengage when the control lever is released, causing a risk for amputation

The company has received five reports of incidents related to the failing augers, but no injuries have been reported.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users