Joker (2019)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ya if DC had any brain cells they would do a sort of "black" villain series in the world of Phoenix's Joker. Release every fall (slow movie period), Scarecrow, Harvey Dent, etc either building up to something ensemble driven, or fuck even stand alone but in the same world w/ references etc.

BTW, I loved this Joker. Great, uncomfortable, cool movie.

yeah, i'd love to see full length gritty movies about calender man, kite-man and condiment king

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
yeah, i'd love to see full length gritty movies about calender man, kite-man and condiment king

Guy Fieri as Condiment King - Witness one man's slow decent... into Flavortown....

• 11Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 13 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If Warner Brothers is open to non-cinematic universe non-special effects driven spectacle comic book films might I then suggest a gritty reboot of the 1960s television show?

the thing that always grabs me about that trailer is older Clark Kent/Supes. it works on so many levels, it looks like they didnt use OP Superman, but the Superman from the 40s who literally only could LEAP tall buildings in a single bound and an older version of that so he is more inline with the other superheroes. all his scenes worked. and of course its always nice to see the actual wonder woman costume and not the zack snyder grunge version.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
the thing that always grabs me about that trailer is older Clark Kent/Supes. it works on so many levels, it looks like they didnt use OP Superman, but the Superman from the 40s who literally only could LEAP tall buildings in a single bound and an older version of that so he is more inline with the other superheroes. all his scenes worked. and of course its always nice to see the actual wonder woman costume and not the zack snyder grunge version.

Yeah, I like brick shithouse Superman too. He looks like he's leaped right off of the page.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, I like brick shithouse Superman too. He looks like he's leaped right off of the page.

Somehow its more imposing of a screen presence. Something is lost in the physical perfection of Henry Cavill-- although he was a great supes for the currrent crop of films.

Maybe the uncanny valley is being triggered a little too hard, thinking of all the CGI and retouch they do to the new movies.

Authenticity could be more genuinely intimidating, I suppose. Not to discount the leaped-from-the-page appeal you mentioned either.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its the image that people always associated with superman for decades, its what i associated with superman in the 70s from watching the reruns of the old superman series from the 50s , the flesicher superman cartoons and of course the motion picture. its fucking superman. cavill i still cant bring myself to call him that. he is Manny Steel or was. not sure if they are bringing in another superman, maybe one who looks like actual Superman

• 1Like

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
If Warner Brothers is open to non-cinematic universe non-special effects driven spectacle comic book films might I then suggest a gritty reboot of the 1960s television show?

This movie was supposed to be called Grayson. I have the script on my NAS somewhere, it’s actually not bad.

They guy who plays Superman worked for something like Great Adventure as their amusement park Superman.

I’ll upload it if I can find it later tonight.

edit: Site with the screenplay and info: Untamed Cinema Grayson

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>

If they did the Long Halloween of Two Face Calendar Man wouldn't be too bad. Couldn't tell you anything else he showed up in outside BS date related quests in the Arkham games.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If they did the Long Halloween of Two Face Calendar Man wouldn't be too bad. Couldn't tell you anything else he showed up in outside BS date related quests in the Arkham games.
BS date related crimes is his exact MO. he's stupid

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
7/10

Won’t watch again

This sums up my feelings. Fantastic film that I didn't entirely enjoy. Checked my watch a few times. Dark, heavy, a tad long winded.

Strong performances and some very, very nice shots, but man I wont sit through this again.

• 1Like

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
This was an amazing movie. Guy is getting an Oscar for real. Not really something that you need to see multiple times though; I feel like you get everything you want out of it the first go around.

9/10 for me. I'll still probably see it again for the acting. Wakeen is so good!

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I always wanted a batman movie where Batman is more like the monster in a horror movie.

The 1 issue comic titled Joker that was released around when the dark knight movie was in theater succeded quite well at that IMO. The main character followed the joker as his simple driver. While the story progress there are clues that Batman is investigating on the Joker whereabouts but as the driver you don't get those clues right away but the Joker knows. While the story progress you feels that something is coming and while this happen you see the Joker losing his composure. The story ends in a very big clash while still on the POV of the poor naive driver.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Is it any good? The more I see trailers and previews, the dumber it looks. In fact, I thought the first couple trailers were jokes. The material interests me, but if they're gunna fag it up I'll pass.

spronk

FPS noob
its ok, there just isn't much of a story and it all rides on Joaquin Phoenix's performance (which is good, as much as I may think the dude is a pretentious asswipe). Its worth a watch just so you can talk about it with other comic book fans who have watched it, but there really isn't anything controversial or even new in the movie. Its 80% a study in to how it must be being mentally ill.

It puts up a bunch of ideas but doesn't press into any of them so audience members are left to interpret it how they want. SJWs will view it as an indictment of capitalism and how white men escape justice, incels will view it as an example of how good men are brought down by SOCIETY, right wing faggots will see a portrayal of what happens when Mexican Joker is not deported, and normal people will just be like "that was boring and too long but the last 45 mins was good".

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Its 80% a study in to how it must be being mentally ill.

This is what I mentioned to the wife as we were walking out. The movie was good, but it's more about about how the system (and society) deals with the mentally ill. In fact if you took the comic book universe out of it, you really wouldn't have that different of a movie.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
This is what I mentioned to the wife as we were walking out. The movie was good, but it's more about about how the system (and society) deals with the mentally ill. In fact if you took the comic book universe out of it, you really wouldn't have that different of a movie.
Yeah. The movie was good, but it wasn't really a comic movie or even really a Joker movie.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I liked this movie a lot. Its very uncomfortable to watch, as movies sometimes should be.

The acting my JP was fucking incredible.

I only have a couple minor gripes. The biggest one being I'm tired of seeing the Batman origin back alley scene. All they had to do was have the family walk by the clown with the gun. The rest is assumed. I never need to see that scene ever again.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I'm in the camp of I liked it a lot but don't need to see it again. The acting all around was top tier and draws you into the movie.