Legends of Runeterra - Card game by Riot Games

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I wonder what's left, we got 2 Targon Champions, and 1 Freljord, and 1 Shadow Isles and there's 3 left to reveal.

I hope Targon gets at least 2 more this expansion, won't be viable as a region otherwise.

If they get only 2, what faction will the last champion be from? I love playing Noxus and Ionia so I hope it's from there, Piltover and Zaum be fine too. I don't play Demacia so I hope they keep that one for last expansion. :)

Edit: For some reason I thought Leona wasn't Targon.

My guess is Leona & Diana are the last 2 reveals. Especially since they were in the trailer. I would think they'll do more trailers for the next 2 card releases with other champions.
For the next reveal, the constellation looks like Kayle to me (Demacia?) but idk. Maybe Shyvana... something with wings.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
D9749819-2EE1-4A0C-A692-A85C205D30E0.png

Daybreak: Not surprisingly the opposite of Nightfall. I like the theme. Obviously easy to meet the condition, but having multiple Daybreak cards in hand to play in a turn means only one gets the bonus. Great mechanic early on, might become cumbersome later in the game.

Solari Soldier: Great 1 drop, most likely going to be a staple of most Targon decks.

Rahvun, Daylight Spear: I think it’s a decent card, will of course depend on what other Daybreak card exist to see the full pool of cards you can get, but 5/5 for 5 is a decent stat line, and getting a card is always a good thing. I think it’s a good card, might see play outside of Daybreak decks as drawing/creating a card is always good.

Sun Guardian: I’m not sure about this one, really awful stats for it’s except for the turn it comes in. On attack at 8/7 you‘re most likely to get some Nexus damage with overwhelm, and it will survive to block, but with its poor stats that’s about all you’ll get from it. With some of the support cards in Targon it might be a very strong card the turn it’s played. It’s stats are really bad after though.

Solari Shielbreaker: Like the Solari Soldier, it’s a good 2 drop, probably will be played in many Targon decks. It can attack or defend on the turn it comes in and almost guaranteed to survive and most likely kill whatever attacks or block it.

Really nice set of cards in my opinion. Nothing that blows your mind, but solid cards I think.

I wonder if Daybreak/Nightfall can be a thing. The 2 mechanics obviously synergize together, not sure if the cards work together though.

Last edited:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Does "It's always Day for us". mean that Daybreak works on every played card for the round?
Kinda weird text. I would say "Daybreak is always active" or something for clarity. Since he generates a Daybreak card, it would make sense that you get the benefit from the card he makes.

The cards are solid. Not much to say about them.
I wonder how well Daybreak/Nightfall deck will work.
I guess the wings constellation is for Leona, I still think Diana is last, the stars are shaped like her weapon. The 2nd to last is probably Zoe.
So Leona -> Zoe -> Diana is my new guess.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It appears to me that the daybreak mechanic is more adaptable to other decks than the nightfall one. Rahvan I think is the best one so far. I am not sure what the text referencing daylight means. As noted, if it means the card drawn also benefits from the daybreak effect then this is certainly a solid card.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
New Champion as expected it’s Leona

2219DB6B-AA80-4509-B012-F73A13881CE8.jpeg

Leona: She seems pretty good, very easy to level up, if you play a Daybreak each turn, on turn 4 she will come in play levelled up since her own Daybreak effect will be the 4th. Stunning the strongest enemy is a pretty good effect, and can easily be done. Obviously the lack of burst or fast Daybreak effect so far means you won’t be able to stun an open attack which is a big deal, but also will very much incentivize your opponent to open attack or lose his strongest unit. It should be interesting.

Morning Light: It’s a slow spell so all shortcomings of slow spells apply. +2/+2 to all allies is pretty good if you can have a good board, activating all Daybreak effect could be very good as most cards seen so far are really good.

Zenith Blade: Not sure about this one, again it’s a slow spell. +1/+2 with Overwhelm is decent, the fact that it draws another copy of itself is pretty good. Because of Overwhelm this is really a card you use on attack, and because it’s slow it removes the option of an open attack. Its probably going to be bad, but I could be wrong.

Sunburst: Again a slow spell, but pretty big removal and with the silence effect will prevent a lot of counter plays that buff the target since it will just remove them before doing the damage. This aspect might make it a lot more playable than it would otherwise be. LOL, the video shows using this on Commander Ledros silencing him and killing him preventing last breath. :)

Guiding Touch: Burst heal, Nexus or an ally for and draw 1 for 2 mana, that’s a great card in my opinion. Most likely will be a staple of many Targon decks.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Leona is solid. Just like Nightfall cards, her power level is determined by how much Daybreak support she gets. Leona's Morning Light is extremely powerful and I wish it was a playable card but that's probably too good. Guiding touch is solid card draw. The others are garbage. There is a solid curve but half the cards shown aren't very good. I really like the early curve though.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Leona is super good. Would run even with little Daybreak support.

Morning Light only triggers Daybreak 2x, the "at once" consolidates all triggers into 1. So you can't use this to AoE stun everything unfortunately. It's a fine Champ spell but not main deckable.

Zenith Blade "Granting" the stats can be really great in certain decks. It's not auto-include, but it for sure can see some play in certain decks.

Sunburst is the first Silence that works on Champions. I doubt it sees much play but maybe a 1-of in some super control deck or something.

Guiding Touch hints at Soraka being the next reveal. This looks really strong and might be Auto-Include in every non-aggro Targon deck.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anybody having issues logging in? Getting code errors. Its the first time I have seen this.

Good reveal. Looking forward to trying her out in a stun deck.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Just had a flash, if Leona is levelled up on the board with Ravhun also on the board. That means she stuns someone every time a Daybreak card is played right since because of the " It's always Day for us " from Ravhun. That could be a pretty strong combo.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Leona is super good. Would run even with little Daybreak support.

Morning Light only triggers Daybreak 2x, the "at once" consolidates all triggers into 1. So you can't use this to AoE stun everything unfortunately. It's a fine Champ spell but not main deckable.

Zenith Blade "Granting" the stats can be really great in certain decks. It's not auto-include, but it for sure can see some play in certain decks.

Sunburst is the first Silence that works on Champions. I doubt it sees much play but maybe a 1-of in some super control deck or something.

Guiding Touch hints at Soraka being the next reveal. This looks really strong and might be Auto-Include in every non-aggro Targon deck.

I'm a bit surprised on your Leona rating. Without a solid number of daybreak cards, she's a pretty weak 3/5 body. Sure, her ETB effect is really good but she's just support for a better champ without enough Daybreak cards in your deck. Maybe I just misunderstand what your version of little support is. I'd think the deck would probably need at least 15 total daybreak cards just to make it worth running her.

I'm upping my rating of Zenith Blade depending on how many Daybreak cards end up in the expansion. It's a guaranteed Daybreak enabler if nothing else.

Valderen Valderen , Add Zenith Blade and it can be a OTK. Not the strongest combo or best use of resources possibly but something you could do with all those cards in your deck. Who knows but I'm going to try it at some point the first few days just to see how many times I can get it to work (or even if I can). I love OTKs so even if it sucks, I'll try it out.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm a bit surprised on your Leona rating. Without a solid number of daybreak cards, she's a pretty weak 3/5 body. Sure, her ETB effect is really good but she's just support for a better champ without enough Daybreak cards in your deck. Maybe I just misunderstand what your version of little support is. I'd think the deck would probably need at least 15 total daybreak cards just to make it worth running her.

I'm upping my rating of Zenith Blade depending on how many Daybreak cards end up in the expansion. It's a guaranteed Daybreak enabler if nothing else.

Valderen Valderen , Add Zenith Blade and it can be a OTK. Not the strongest combo or best use of resources possibly but something you could do with all those cards in your deck. Who knows but I'm going to try it at some point the first few days just to see how many times I can get it to work (or even if I can). I love OTKs so even if it sucks, I'll try it out.

Imo the auto includes are Leona and the 1 and 2 drops. 9 cards in a 40 card deck. That early game is going to be brutal.

I don't think you care much about the level up, it's good but not amazing. But those 9 cards are a super stout early game.

And if you do level her, you can draw into those cheap cards to initiate more stun, or use her champ card to do it.

I'm also not ruling out any of the other cards. But imo the core will be those 9 and then you slot in others to fit the deck.

I see her in a yasuo deck easily... but that depends a lot too. Losing Noxus would be huge, but maybe Targon is a viable alternative... we'll see.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Imo the auto includes are Leona and the 1 and 2 drops. 9 cards in a 40 card deck. That early game is going to be brutal.

I don't think you care much about the level up, it's good but not amazing. But those 9 cards are a super stout early game.

And if you do level her, you can draw into those cheap cards to initiate more stun, or use her champ card to do it.

I'm also not ruling out any of the other cards. But imo the core will be those 9 and then you slot in others to fit the deck.

I see her in a yasuo deck easily... but that depends a lot too. Losing Noxus would be huge, but maybe Targon is a viable alternative... we'll see.

I think that amazing early game offsets the loss of Noxus, at least eventually. The biggest problem I have with Yasuo is inconsistency. The early game can be brutal. I doubt they have any additional Daybreak cards in this release but if they add more in the next two releases, I see Leona being the focus of the deck instead of Yasuo. The level up is worth making her the primary focus of any deck if the pool of playable cards increases. I think the 5 drop is stout enough to include in most Leona decks, at least until the next batch of cards.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I think for 1 more mana, Swain is a better stun champion. I just can't get behind her stuns being all that consistent, especially since they are all activated at slow speed. Her stun on play is great and she's an early tank with a decent random stun here and there when you get them. She's not a closer by any means. She's a support champion and you'll need to build around something else to close out.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
They fooled me good. The last constellation is Soraka.
Diana is next. Looking forward to it. Coming from a longtime LoL Diana main, I am hoping she's good enough in LoR :D

Today's reveal is very very lackluster. 3 cards, they seem good/great. The 1 drop is definitely auto-include in Nightfall decks.
2 drop with Elusive... always can be relevant.
3 drop potentially a 5/3 with overwhelm, seems strong.

Looking like Nightfall Aggro might be possible, but of course Leone, Taric, Trundle are looking to stamp out aggro. It'll be interesting.

Ef9N3u0WkAI92R8

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
These look pretty good.

Lunari Duskbringer: Auto-include in all Nightfall decks. 2/1 is a good enough stat line for a 1 drop. The Duskpetal Dust is amazing though.

Duskpetal Dust: Amazing card, basically allow you to play a Nightfall card on curve while activating it's effect which is not usually possible. Very valuable in the early game, a little less later on, but not a waste either.

Lunari Shadestalker: Again a great card, 2/3 elusive is pretty good. With 3 health it's not as easy to remove as most elusive in the early game.

Crescent Guardian: A 5/3 with Overwhelm for 3 mana is pretty decent. you'll probably only get 1 attack with it as 3 health is easy to block and kill but most likely will get 2-3 Nexus damage from it.

The potential issue I see with Nightfall aggro, is as a rule, the cards cannot be played on curve as you need to play something else before them to get the bonus. This is what makes Lunari Duskbringer/Duskpetal Dust shines if you get that on turn 1. As a whole are Nightfall cards good enough for aggro if played on curve without the bonus, or played 1 turn late and get the bonus(not garanteed). I think aggro usually cannot afford a slow curve. It might still work, but I think we'll have to see the entire sets to see. I think the deck will be more like a midrange deck that very aggressive if it curves perfectly.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
This reveal is really good.

Diana fits an aggressive deck, an elusive deck, she can be a good early play or a strong finisher.. the thing making her super strong is her champion spell. That is insane and will be auto include in a lot of decks. 3x diana and 3x pale cascade for sure.

The 6 drop is slow, but maybe useful. Time will tell.

Hush is the ezreal counter we've been waiting for. Meta dependant tech card. It's not bad.

Poro cannon is hilarious and also looks like it could see play. Elusive synergy, nightfall synergy, discard synergy, poro synergy.. how is this not good

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I don't play LoL but Diana looks like a bad ass based off this reveal and your comments. This whole reveal was good and powerful. Even Cygnus looks playable? If you're going to win then they should be out of cheap removal by turn 6.

Poro Cannon looks awesome. Zero mana spells are extremely useful in this expansion and the card adds a ton of early value. Perfect card for that region.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Diana:Quick Attack and Challenger is a pretty powerful combo. Easy levelled up requirement, and getting +2 attack with challenger effect will make her pretty dangerous. I agree that her signature spell is really strong, and actually synergize with her really well. She seems great.

Pale Cascade: Awesome spell spell with Nightfall, still pretty good without it.

Cygnus the Moonstalker: Most likely too slow at 6 mana, and his Nightfall ability is essential to trigger its a horrible card without it. So most of the time, he’ll come I’m turn 7+, that said him getting elusive and another ally and past turn 7 you may have a beefy target for it, he could be a finisher. At best I think he’ll be a one off in a few decks, I don’t see having 3 of him being really beneficial.

Hush: Silence that works on Champions, this is going to fuck up so many things, pretty sure it will see a nerf in it’s cost. This is going to be like Deny and Will of Ionia where decks are going to splash Targon just for it.

Poro Cannon: Not sure what to make of this, trigger for Nightfall, and creating 2 cards for zero mana is great value even if they are just Daring Poros.

I feel like Targon is going to be a great region.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I don't play LoL but Diana looks like a bad ass based off this reveal and your comments. This whole reveal was good and powerful. Even Cygnus looks playable? If you're going to win then they should be out of cheap removal by turn 6.

Poro Cannon looks awesome. Zero mana spells are extremely useful in this expansion and the card adds a ton of early value. Perfect card for that region.

Diana was my main for like 3 years but I don't play her much anymore.

She's an all-in assassin with some survivability (pale cascade is a shield ability that adds orbs around her and if the orbs pop by an enemy they deal aoe damage

So seems fitting her survivability in this game will come from the same thing and it has potential to add a lot of damage to her attack.

She is completely all-in, once you engage you have no escape, so you kill or be killed.

Quick attack also mimics her passive in lol, she has/had attack speed passive, and also deals aoe damage every 3 attacks.

They may have removed her attack speed but building attack speed on her is usually they preferred route.

And challenger matches her ultimate where she can pull nearby enemies toward her.

Pretty interesting 🤔

• 1Like