Legends of Runeterra - Card game by Riot Games

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Diana was my main for like 3 years but I don't play her much anymore.

She's an all-in assassin with some survivability (pale cascade is a shield ability that adds orbs around her and if the orbs pop by an enemy they deal aoe damage

So seems fitting her survivability in this game will come from the same thing and it has potential to add a lot of damage to her attack.

She is completely all-in, once you engage you have no escape, so you kill or be killed.

Quick attack also mimics her passive in lol, she has/had attack speed passive, and also deals aoe damage every 3 attacks.

They may have removed her attack speed but building attack speed on her is usually they preferred route.

And challenger matches her ultimate where she can pull nearby enemies toward her.

Pretty interesting 🤔

That's really cool. I always wanted to play LoL but the insane amount of time many friends put in was off-putting. I used to do that a lot and I prefer not to go back to that kind of gamer. I might still give it a go sometime.

I really like how they design these cards especially now with how they find ways to somewhat fit a champion's abilities into the card game without major issues. I don't know how many champions they have but I hope it's a lot. This game deserves to have a long lifespan.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
That's really cool. I always wanted to play LoL but the insane amount of time many friends put in was off-putting. I used to do that a lot and I prefer not to go back to that kind of gamer. I might still give it a go sometime.

I really like how they design these cards especially now with how they find ways to somewhat fit a champion's abilities into the card game without major issues. I don't know how many champions they have but I hope it's a lot. This game deserves to have a long lifespan.
There are currently 150 champions and this potential 151 has been teased for like 2 months... people are just realizing she is connected to LoL. Kinda cool way to promote the next champ:

It'll take around 10 full LoR expansions to use up the league pool, but I suspect they'll dive into skin lines at some point. Like hearthstone started doing with alternate versions of popular units.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Invoke.png

New keyword Invoke makes evaluating these extremely hard since we don't what the Celestial Cards are. The wording on the cards here seems to suggest they'll vary in mana cost possibly from 1 to 6. As a mechanic in general, I like this...being able to select 1 card out of 3 from a limited set of cards (Celestials) should generally be pretty good value. You're likely to get something you need.

So here we go...

Spacey Sketcher: Seems ok at first glance, 1/1 for 1 and Discard a card to Invoke a Celestial that cost less than 3. Probably will see in a discard archetype, depending on quality of the Celestial cards, might see play elsewhere. As I said in my opinion of invoke...discarding a card, to get a 1 pick out of 3 should usually net you something useful.

Lunari Priestess: Weak stats for a 3 drop with a Nightfall requirement, Celestial have to be really good for this to see play I think.

Solari Priestess: Again weak stats for a 3 drop, easier to trigger than the Nightfall variant but you have to get a card that cost 4-6 so late play. The Nightfall Priestess can get you an earlier play. Again this really requires Celestial card to be good since stats are awful.

Mountain Scryer: Same as the others, weak stats for a 4 drop, but reduce the cost of cards is usually a pretty powerful effect. Allegiance: Invoke is interesting, will be a good card I think if a Targon Allegiance deck is a thing, otherwise I'm not sure.

Moondreamer: Same as the others, weaks stats.

Behold the Infinite: 2 mana for burst Invoke. So Riot seems to value Invoke as 2 mana worth effect...looking at the previous cards, it kind make sense since they are all under stats, by 2 mana would make sense.

Seeing that the value of having Invoke on a card seem pretty costly, I would wager that the Celestial Cards will be pretty nice cards in general.

I'm really curious to see what the Celestial cards are, this is such a fucking tease of a reveal. :)

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not a fan of invoke due to "random". The cards that are so far involved seem kind of weak for the cost.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Interesting, there will be a reveal every hour from community members.

Here are the first 2.

Moon Glow.png

Moon Glow:
Celestial
0 Mana
Burst
Reduce the cost of a card in hand by 1

Interesting Card but you seem to pay a lot for it, we've seen that Invoke is a costly keyword. So you're paying about 2 mana get Reduce the cost of a card by 1. It's going to be interesting to evaluate this. It can be used in discard decks, or in a Nightfall deck to trigger a Nightfall, and reduce the cost at the same time. I am not sure about this,

Snake.png

Snake:
Celestial
0 Mana
2/1 Challenger

Again this seems costly to get, if we go again by the fact that Invoke is worth about 2 man, this cost a lot. I don't think it's good.

A few thing to note, Celestial cards are not main deckable, you only get them from Invoke.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Invoke is basically a more balanced sounding discover from HS. In HS you pulled from existing cards and the class cards were weighted higher. I always loved discover and never thought it was too RNG dependent at all.

This limits the pool further so playing as or against, you should have a pretty good idea which celestial cards they'll have.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Equinox.png

Equinox:
Celestial
1 Mana
Slow
Silence a follower

Another Silence, interesting to see them add so many Silence in this set. Cost 1 less than purify, but Slow instead of Burst. Purify being Burst is a better card, this has the advantage of not being in your deck. Purify can often be a dead card, this you won't have to select if you feel you don't need a Silence which is a nice bonus, being slow can be limiting though.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Not a fan of invoke due to "random". The cards that are so far involved seem kind of weak for the cost.

Invoke is basically a more balanced sounding discover from HS. In HS you pulled from existing cards and the class cards were weighted higher. I always loved discover and never thought it was too RNG dependent at all.

This limits the pool further so playing as or against, you should have a pretty good idea which celestial cards they'll have.

I'm ok with some random, HS has way too much though. I like Invoke because it allows you to select 1 card our of 3, and it's from a limited set of Cards, we don't know how many yet, but it's probably going to be around 10 or so. So the random aspect is very limited. Also a few of the cards also limit which can be Invoked by mana cost. A card like Spacey Sketcher for example is Invoking Celestial that cost 3 or less...that's going to be extremely consistent for both the player doing the Invoke and his opponent.

If you're doing random, this is how it should be done in my opinion. Limit the actual RNG of the outcome as much as possible.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
View attachment 295964

Equinox:
Celestial
1 Mana
Slow
Silence a follower

Another Silence, interesting to see them add so many Silence in this set. Cost 1 less than purify, but Slow instead of Burst. Purify being Burst is a better card, this has the advantage of not being in your deck. Purify can often be a dead card, this you won't have to select if you feel you don't need a Silence which is a nice bonus, being slow can be limiting though.

Soraka is known for her Silence in LoL, so that's most likely why. The Hush spell seems be Soraka. Also, Soraka is like a humanoid Goat, so the Equinox spell also seems related to her.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
TheCharger.png

The Charger:
1 Mana
Celestial
4/1 Overwhelm

It's situational at best, you get 1 attack or 1 block from at best...maybe nothing if it's pinged.

I wonder if this is a coincidence or if we're getting 1 Spell and 1 Unit for each mana cost.6

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I guess the previous card I posted called Moon Glow was mistranslated cuz here's Moon Glow again. :)

Moon Glow.jpg

Not sure how useful a Slow Spellshied is going to be, can't cast it in reaction to a spell, and opponent can react to this with Burs/Fast spells. Still a +0/+2 Granted for 2 mana isn't awful. I don't think this would be a card that would be main decked but as a card you get from Invoke it might interesting.

That's the entire thing with the Invoke mechanic, so far the cards are not that great, not awful either...but the thing is you select them from a pool of 3 cards, so you'll select something that's probably relevant to the situation at hand...so these might be more valuable because of this.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
EC72912D-D5F3-4E16-8C38-46C073DD2B93.jpeg

The Messenger:
Celestial
2 Mana
2/2
When you summon me, draw 1

Pretty good one, 2 mana to draw 1 card is pretty good, you get 2/2 unit with it.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I guess the previous card I posted called Moon Glow was mistranslated cuz here's Moon Glow again. :)

View attachment 296011

Not sure how useful a Slow Spellshied is going to be, can't cast it in reaction to a spell, and opponent can react to this with Burs/Fast spells. Still a +0/+2 Granted for 2 mana isn't awful. I don't think this would be a card that would be main decked but as a card you get from Invoke it might interesting.

That's the entire thing with the Invoke mechanic, so far the cards are not that great, not awful either...but the thing is you select them from a pool of 3 cards, so you'll select something that's probably relevant to the situation at hand...so these might be more valuable because of this.
Grant spellshield seems good if it lasts through rounds. Forces 2 spells to remove something. If the spellshield is still 1 round then yea idk how good this is

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Devs confirmed spellshield persists through rounds until popped. That's insane

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Devs confirmed spellshield persists through rounds until popped. That's insane

Ok that’s pretty good then.

B34C50A7-BC64-429E-8360-1AEBC668B8EA.png

Crescent Strike:
Celestial
3 Mana
Slow
Stun 2 enemies.

This is a pretty good card. While it‘s slow, there’s still plenty of situations where stun at slow speed is useful.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
44173166-AE34-4F2C-886C-1AF9FAF955B8.png

The Trickster:
Celestial
3 Mana
3/3 Elusive

Good card, 3/3 is a great stat line on an elusive unit. Not much else to say.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
TheTraveller.png

The Traveller:
Celestial
4 Mana
3/4
Play: Invoke

Interesting card in that it's only obtainable via Invoke, and itself Invokes. You'd pick this I guess the other options are not what you want, or if you need a unit and get another shot at Invoke. I'm not sure how good this is.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 296071

The Traveller:
Celestial
4 Mana
3/4
Play: Invoke

Interesting card in that it's only obtainable via Invoke, and itself Invokes. You'd pick this I guess the other options are not what you want, or if you need a unit and get another shot at Invoke. I'm not sure how good this is.

Fantastic card but just because I think Invoke cards will end up very good and always interesting. I'm wondering if your 3 options are an early game option, mid-game, and late game. It will be nice to see exactly what it entails. I love the whole set so far but am much more intrigued about Invoke than anything else. It will probably be my first deck.

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
WritterInStars.png

Writter in Stars
Celestial
4 Mana
Burst
Draw a Champion. Reduce its cost by 1 and grant it +2/+2

Ok that seems to be pretty insane. First it's a draw effect which is always good, it draws a Champion which is pretty good too, it also reduce cost which is again very good effect and "GRANTS" +2/+2. This card does everything. I think it's the star of the set so far.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
2F440356-25B0-43DB-96C7-52590139441A.png

Meteor Shower:
Celestial
5 Mana
Slow
Deal 4 to an enemy and 1 to another.

Expensive and slow, probably not good, although there isn’t a lot of removal that do more than 3 in LoR.