Lost Ark Online

Caliane

How do you interrupt stuff? I just G spammed my way through all the tutorials if it was explained.
this is not explained early in the game. like level 20, and almost none of those "stagger, back attack, counter, weak point" etc things ahve been explained... maybe theres a later training that does.

For interrupts. in a skill look for "counter:yes". this will interrupt specific skills. a vid I saw said monster will glow blue, when they can be interrupted.

still not sure what back attack and weak point do. I did notice back attack being displayed.. when attacking a boss from behind. but, saw no noticeable difference in damage. may have crit more?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

careful with your skills, apparently theres a number of mistranslations.

Bard has a skill, "soundaholic" laser beam. one of its tripods says, "heal 1% of allies hp". it doesn't. it regens mana.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In the upcoming Feb update to RU. Would be nice if we got this in our version soon. Be able to have a guild chat that included everyone who isn't in the main guild yet, and no matter what character you are on. There's also something about a pet ranch for your estate where you can upgrade your pets to Legendary rarity.

Convenient messenger allows you to store your message history and create group chats for all your friends!

img--3.jpg

With it, you will be able to communicate by choosing any of your Legacy characters.
Can't we just make our own Global chat tab and invite ppl into it?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Can't we just make our own Global chat tab and invite ppl into it?

Pretty sure if LA chat had that capability Voldeth would have done that alrready. I never really used chat in RU since I don't speak rusky, but I don't see any way to do it.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
How long does it take to get the 2nd power pass? Used my first this morning and have no new mail.

I don't remember if it gets mailed to your main or the alt you used the first one on. Did you check both? It should be instant.

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
Every asian game gives me AION flashbacks and I just can't do it, they make me physically ill.

I've tried so fucking hard.
Just from tuning in to streams there's definitely a UI designer or art guy from Aion who worked on this. Way too many things that look similar

Caliane

only one correct option if you have that on a sorc.

HOT STUFF COMING YOUR WAY!!!!

• 2Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
EU servers seems fucked daily. I see they are all down now during prime time. Meanwhile Regulus is zero queue during the day and evening, how are they during US prime time?

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Ohhhh you guys will learn how to use those counter, weak point, and back attack skills REAL FAST on the guardian raids.

Counter: as mentioned, when the boss does an attack that flashes blue, use a skill that has Counter: Yes on him and it will stagger them. Chromanium has a skill that does a fan AOE in front of him so you'll notice it easily.

Back attack: if you're attacking from behind, this tag significantly raises your crit chance. I have only 0.3% crit chance, but as a shadow hunter, if I am attacking from behind, nearly everything crits so it looks more like 99% crit chance without having to invest in the stat at all.

Weak point: some bosses have weak points that can be damaged or broken off, like the tail from that one dragon guardian raid. it will stagger the boss for a long time and change the attacks he does if you break the tail off.

Stagger: mid, mid-high: all bosses, even the very endgame legion raids go into phases where there is a purple bar underneath their health bar and if you deplete it, they get stunned and take far higher damage. this is how you break Chromanium's shell, stop some bosses from performing their raid-killer moves, etc.

Another tip: look up the mechanics before you go and do the abyss dungeons starting with the second one. That is where the game starts introducing you to the "do this or the whole group all fucking wipe instantly and then bitch you out" mechanics like clicking the orbs on the dragon so your stacks fall off or the necromancer where you have to click red/white orb based on what color the ground shimmered when you knock him down low enough.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I despise Twitch and never watch streams of any kind, but I was curious about the LA drops so I put Soda's stream on in the background, turned it down, and ignored it. However, about an hour in to his stream I couldn't ignore his incessant complaining about the "constant unavoidable AE's" of some boss he and his group were fighting. So I tabbed out to see what he was complaining about.

Jesus. Fucking. Christ is he (and whoever he was playing with) terrible at this game. They were all completely ignoring the mechanics and no one was interrupting anything, but they literally cried non-stop about how hard and un-fun the game is. I tried to tell him he's a fucking retard, but I'm not "verified" or whatever the fuck you need to do to comment.

I don't expect streamers to be good at every game, but people with that kind of following for gaming should be able to at least observe basic concepts. Much of the chat were obviously randos like me just trying to put in the hours to get the rewards and they were absolutely torching him in chat.

In regard to pay-to-win -- Who gives a fuck? Maybe I'm just too old to understand, but I literally could not give a single fuck about someone else paying real money to get ahead of me in a game. The only time I would care is if content was artificially gated behind some pay-to-win fuckery.

Furthermore, pay-to-win implies that someone else is losing. Who the fuck is losing? It's certainly not me. I'd even argue that I'm the one winning by not spending a single dime on this game and enjoying 99.99% of its benefits while mouthbreathing retards spend money because they're worried about their internet dick.
I had Soda on my other monitor Saturday night I think when I was playing to see some end game content. His group was wiped for like an hour on some boss it was hilarious how mad he was getting. I feel like he was the only one doing the mechanics correctly though from what I was paying attention to.

He is funny in how much he despises his chat or at least plays it off that he does.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I had Soda on my other monitor Saturday night I think when I was playing to see some end game content. His group was wiped for like an hour on some boss it was hilarious how mad he was getting. I feel like he was the only one doing the mechanics correctly though from what I was paying attention to.

He is funny in how much he despises his chat or at least plays it off that he does.

Have you ever seen twitch chat, I bet every streamer deep down despises the people who watch them.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Been playing the hell out of my "alt" Sorceress trying to get her up to 460 for Rohendel - the hybrid reflux/burst spec is a ton of fun and very forgiving to play. Great dps too. Landing a meteor on a bosses head is just really satisfying

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Been playing the hell out of my "alt" Sorceress trying to get her up to 460 for Rohendel - the hybrid reflux/burst spec is a ton of fun and very forgiving to play. Great dps too. Landing a meteor on a bosses head is just really satisfying
Yeah im really liking my sorc I made yesterday.

Goonsquad Officer
i'm still chugging along the gunlancer. going to play it till i need currencies from alts.

starting with gunlancer so i can play exclusively clunky and slow so i don't allegory-of-the-cave myself when i play something fast and reactive with more dps later.

• 2Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Couple questions I have so far: early on I get a couple of cards that show up in the books section but I can’t find them in the main card screen to equip. What’s the difference between the two types of cards or am I just doing something wrong and all of them are equipable? And just in general should I be upgrading anything as I level or just saving all my shit for when I hit 50?
There are two "types" of cards. Some that you can equip for "set bonuses". These appear on the first page and you get 6 slots to use.

The second type are collected in the "books" section, which ALSO unlock set "bonuses" that are passive. You can't equip these, they just give you the passive bonus once you collect them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user