Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Chain her to the bed. Get her a hot plate so she can still cook for though.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Just spent a lot of time with my family in the bush, camping. My wife developed the annoying habit of interrupting what I was saying and answering what I was saying definitively and allowing no discussion. No idea what that was about. On the ride home today she did it one final time and one of the twins said, "mama, did something happen so you can just override everything papa says, or are you just in a bad mood?" One and a half hours of uncomfortable silence follows.

Discussion to follow. I have no idea what is up, but I'm really quite pissed with my wife at the moment. She's been intensely negative and argumentative for about a month. I know all relationships go through shit, but this is new and uncomfortable. I'm 100% sure we will figure it out, but I needed to vent. There it is.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Hopefully she'll be forthcoming with what's bothering her since it seems like you're genuinely unsure of what caused her to behave so differently.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Navigating dc and a fucking major highway is shut down which the gps fails at so I'm trying to figure out what to do. My wife is playing pokemon in the passenger seat. Rage, rage!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just spent a lot of time with my family in the bush, camping. My wife developed the annoying habit of interrupting what I was saying and answering what I was saying definitively and allowing no discussion. No idea what that was about. On the ride home today she did it one final time and one of the twins said, "mama, did something happen so you can just override everything papa says, or are you just in a bad mood?" One and a half hours of uncomfortable silence follows.

Discussion to follow. I have no idea what is up, but I'm really quite pissed with my wife at the moment. She's been intensely negative and argumentative for about a month. I know all relationships go through shit, but this is new and uncomfortable. I'm 100% sure we will figure it out, but I needed to vent. There it is.
Not quite the same but my wife has started a pretty annoying habit of interrupting and talking over me/finishing what I'm saying.

I notice it mostly when we're with her family or friends and I'm telling a story or perhaps telling everyone the rules of a board game or whatever. She'll pop up and start talking over me, sometimes in a tangent on a rule or introducing other rules and I just started audibly sighing really loudly and stop talking.

It's annoying as fuck when someone does that, especially your wife. I had to tell her to knock that shit off.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I have the tendency to talk over people and I'm really trying to make an effort to stop.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have the tendency to talk over people and I'm really trying to make an effort to stop.
What she told me is she starts to get really excited and can't help herself, she has little control over it.

It's just annoying because she'll ask me to explain the game but then start talking over me. I started making her do it and I think it pissed her off.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
My wife does the same thing, right down to the game-board rules thing. I think it is a family thing, they are all a bunch of yakkers so only way to get a word in edgewise is to talk over each other.

The thing that drives me crazy about when she does it when I'm trying to explain something like game-rules, is that she is supper scatter brained. Any time she is telling any story ever, rather than going sequentially through the events she just jumps all over the place. It can be really hard to follow at times. This is doubly true for board game rules, I try to very methodically work my way through the rules and she'll jump in on top of me talking about some obscure or advanced rule that probably won't matter to a new player and won't make any sense until they know the basics of the game.

Like picture you are explaining the rules of Catan to someone who has never played the game before, and before you even have a chance to give a brief overview of the game she's interrupting me to talk about how the robber works.

Tenks

"You see first thing is you build settlements and connect with roads ..."

"MAKE SURE YOU BUILD A ROAD TO 2:1 WHEAT PORT"

Tenks

"You see first thing is you build settlements and connect with roads ..."

"MAKE SURE YOU BUILD A ROAD TO 2:1 WHEAT PORT"

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Haha the Catan thing is so relatable.

I was telling the rules to all her friends who were over and it was exactly like that. Always popping in with some obscure rule or fact that doesn't matter.

Nester

Vyemm Raider

I was telling the rules to all her friends who were over and it was exactly like that. Always popping in with some obscure rule or fact that doesn't matter.
Catan is easy, we almost got divorced playing risk tho.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>

"Obscure rule" - Is it a rule or not? Play the game right or don't play at all!