Marvel Universe stuff

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Sony has shit all over Spiderman on their own for a long fucking time. Disney and feige made this shit and a billion dollar movie. Disney getting 5% or 50 million for the lastest movie is rediculous. They deserve a bigger take but 50% was unreasonable. This is just posturing for the short term.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I agree that this is a lot of posturing for both sides, and it's beneficial for both to work something out.

I think it will end up with something with Sony giving Marvel a bigger share of the profits in exchange for the ability to use Spider-man in their universe. Most likely with a script approval from Marvel just for the aspect concerning Spider-man so he's used in a consistent manner and no lasting changes is made to the character.

Sony has shit all over Spiderman on their own for a long fucking time. Disney and feige made this shit and a billion dollar movie. Disney getting 5% or 50 million for the lastest movie is rediculous. They deserve a bigger take but 50% was unreasonable. This is just posturing for the short term.
You must have a very short memory. The OG Spider-Man trilogy was box office gold. The first two shattered all sorts of box office records. But more importantly, Spiderman 2 was actually a fantastic movie, something that can't be said about any of these gag-inducing cookie cutter MCU films.

Sony did it once, they can do it again.

• 2Picard
  • 2Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 6 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
You must have a very short memory. The OG Spider-Man trilogy was box office gold. The first two shattered all sorts of box office records. But more importantly, Spiderman 2 was actually a fantastic movie, something that can't be said about any of these gag-inducing cookie cutter MCU films.

Sony did it once, they can do it again.

I don't disagree, it's just that we've had emo-Toby and dubstep Electro since then, so it's hard to give Sony the benefit of the doubt when the foundation for the current franchise has been gutted and they're left to fill in the blanks.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users
I don't disagree, it's just that we've had emo-Toby and dubstep Electro since then, so it's hard to give Sony the benefit of the doubt when the foundation for the current franchise has been gutted and they're left to fill in the blanks.
I put most of the blame for the Garfield flicks on hiring a director who's only major work had been some faggy indy chick flick. I have no idea how anyone thought that would translate into a quality Spiderman movie.

Spiderman 3 the problem was the script, no reason for 3 villains and 4 love interests. The focus should have been on Peter and Harry.

Last edited:
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
And let's be honest, Venom would have been complete shit if Tom Hardy weren't in it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Here's hope. Outside of Hulk and Spiderman were any of these characters worth shit until they made them worth shit?

When the MCU started, I believe Spiderman, Xmen and Fantastic Four were their biggest comic book properties and Captain America, Hulk & Ironman had some general population name recognition. Marvel had sold off the movie rights to all their most easily marketable shit, so the MCU had to elevate everything they've made past Captain America and Ironman from basically nothing in the public's eyes to the heights they are at now.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't followed this much but reading Lee's daughter rip disney for the money hungry pedo employing shit they are was nice.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
No. He's right about Spiderman 2. It very well may be the best comic book movie ever.
Please stop. One great movie and 4 objectively terrible and 1 ok movie in 15 year period is them shitting the bed with Spiderman.

Please stop. One great movie and 4 objectively terrible and 1 ok movie in 15 year period is them shitting the bed with Spiderman.
The Garfield movies were objectively bad. The first Spiderman film was quite good. Spiderman 2 is nearly in its own stratosphere with the only thing coming close being Dark Knight and maybe Logan. Spiderman 3 was pretty weak but at least it had the balls to take risks and attempt to do something new. On re-watch it still holds up better than most of the piss-soaked MCU films with their paint-by-numbers plots and disgusting over use of CGI. Never saw Venom.

Last edited:
  • 1Salty

Kiki

Log Wizard
Korg disagrees

1566505432945.png

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
I haven't followed this much but reading Lee's daughter rip disney for the money hungry pedo employing shit they are was nice.

unfortunately stan's lee daughter is apparently a huge piece of shit who would regularly abuse her mom and dad, spends money like one of our resident degenerates spends on our hookers
The Feb. 13 document, obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, begins with some background, explaining that Lee and his late wife had arranged a trust for their daughter because she had trouble supporting herself and often overspent. "It is not uncommon for J.C. (daughter) to charge, in any given month, $20,000 to $40,000 on credit cards, sometimes more," the document states. It goes on to describe how, when he and his daughter disagree — "which is often" — she "typically yells and screams at me and cries hysterically if I do not capitulate."

According to Herman — whose active Hollywood client list he keeps private but who previously worked for Johnny Carson and Frank Sinatra — J.C. then roughly grabbed her mother by one arm, shoving her against a window. Joanie fell to the carpeted floor. Lee, seated in a nearby chair and looking stunned, told J.C. he was cutting her off: "I'm going to stick you in a little apartment and take away all your credit cards!" Herman recalls Lee shouting. "I've had it, you ungrateful bitch!" In "a rage," J.C. took hold of Lee's neck, slamming his head against the chair's wooden backing. Joanie suffered a large bruise on her arm and burst blood vessels on her legs; Lee had a contusion on the rear of his skull. (J.C. has previously denied the incident.)

Even more fucked up is a story about how his daughter basically ordered a nurse to drain 3 pints of blood from Stan Lee a few years ago and used that to sell autographed shit for insane prices. How much of a piece of shit kid do you have to be to drain your dad's blood, LITERALLY.

• 1Like