Marvel Universe stuff

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I liked DOFP overall, but after how good First Class was I was ready to never revisit that old cast again.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think they balanced it fairly well. The story was focused on McAvoy and Fassbender, the two best things to happen to the series since it's inception. Wolverine? Yeah ok I'm kind of sick of Jackman, but whatever, I understand he sells tickets.

But I do agree that Jennifer Lawrence could die and I wouldn't care. Overrated.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
We are getting our autographed family picture with Stan Lee next week at the Kansas City Comic Con. I'm geeked out. Stan is 94, and he's pulling out of Comic Cons. He has to be taken to the hospital for the debut of Deadpool. It's now or likely never.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I got one a few years ago for the same reasons, he's not going to be around much longer and got a poor quality copy of an old spider man book signed just as a fan, not really as a collector (or I'd have gotten something nicer than ASM #41 and gotten it CGC'd).

Was kind of a sad experience, looked like a slave to some handlers running it. Just a machine of signatures and photos. He livened up a lot more at a panel later and mentioned Black Panther and Inhuman movies before they were announced, lol.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
He'll be one of the guys I regret not meeting when he's gone, but it doesn't sound like the signings are very enjoyable for him, so I'm not sure how I'd feel about that. My ex would let out an "awwww" every time he had his scene in a movie. I should look at getting something of his before the prices skyrocket, at least.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I can't believe he's still doing it now. It's gotta be 95% dealers who just are getting the signature on midgrade books to just immediately slab and resell. It's cool Lyrical is getting the sig on a family picture. Shows you are putting value on the man and not just the signature for resale.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So Simon Kinberg is talking about making a F4 2 sequel with the same cast. They only have about 3 years to make another FF film or it reverts to Marvel. It sounds like they would rather lose money then let that happen though.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Probably worth their money to keep stringing it along w/ hopes for a nice arrangement from Marvel of some kind if they want to try and bring some aspect of the FF into the MCU.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It looks like Lupita Nyong'o and Michael B. Jordan are joining the Black Panther movie, that's some pretty stellar casting.

Michael joining probably kills a FF4 sequel with him as Johnny.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Fuck where them Asian superheroes at. I mean it's not like we got many non mutant Asian guys running around besides Amadeus Cho.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Probably worth their money to keep stringing it along w/ hopes for a nice arrangement from Marvel of some kind if they want to try and bring some aspect of the FF into the MCU.
it's crazy that this, in fact, may be the plan now... instead of, you know, just making a good movie.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So Simon Kinberg is talking about making a F4 2 sequel with the same cast. They only have about 3 years to make another FF film or it reverts to Marvel. It sounds like they would rather lose money then let that happen though.
At least he kind of realizes why it failed.

"We want to make another 'Fantastic Four' movie," stated Kinberg. "We love that cast - I mean if I were to say to you now Michael B Jordan and Miles Teller, and Kate [Mara] and Jamie [Bell] are great actors - we love that cast. I love the comic, I mean I love it almost as much as X-Men. We're working really hard on figuring that out. Nothing would make me happier than the world embracing a 'Fantastic Four' movie. We'll try to be truer to the essence of the tone of Fantastic Four, which is completely - well, not completely, but largely - distinct from the X-Men, which is brighter, funner, more optimistic tone. I think we tried to make a darker 'Fantastic Four' movie, which seemed like a radical idea but we were kind of messing with the DNA of the actual comic instead of trusting the DNA of the comic."

But using the same cast just illustrates he doesn't really comprehend the thoughts he's having. And it's not because zomg the Torch is a black guy, though that is a symptom of it, which is that they really don't believe JUST the comic can work. (I will say, despite torch being a little cliche, ironically he was probably the closest to feeling okay in the movie--probably a byproduct of Toch naturally fitting into the age range they selected for all the characters and B Jordan being a great actor.). Really ALL the characters were wrong, totally off the mark. The biggest was how they portrayed Reed. Dude made a cast with zero faith in the comic, and thinks he can shoe horn that shit into a more faithful adaptation.

He's probably one of these guys that believes "oh, no one will like the actual characters--they are so corny!"..The type of guy that would have renamed Captain America to just Captain to avoid 'uncomfortable symbolism'. Marvel is making fucking tons of money doing one thing--believing that the characters are good and their stories are compelling. Just....fucking do that, damn.

It looks like Lupita Nyong'o and Michael B. Jordan are joining the Black Panther movie, that's some pretty stellar casting.

Really excited to see Panther, he was great in Civil War. Him Ant-man and Spidey really stole the show. But Panther, I think, was probably one of the best on screen translations I've seen.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

I agree, Panther was fantastically cast and after Civil War I'm excited to see his movie. But am I the only one that isn't a fan of Michael B. Jordan? I haven't really liked him in anything I've seen him in.