Marvel's Agent Carter

Column_sl

shitlord
Leviathan isn't Hydra ;p
You are correct they are two separate entities, that have shared personnel like the countess.

During this particular part of history they are partnered up. Much later Hydra will double cross them causing a long standing war.

Leviathan then chose to betray their partners and take the technology for themselves. Hydra and the Hand struck back, stealing the alien power source making it so that the tanks would turn their occupants into monsters
Now that is the comics version, we still don't know what Leviathan truly is in the MCU.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It's pretty evident that it's different than both the Gravitonium and the Portal stone FFS.

Are you guys even paying attention to what you watch?

The black goop in this season of Carter was created by an atomic test, it was shown on fucking screen, while the Gravitonium was created in the first season of AoS (current time), and the Portal Stone has been in use for hundred of years by the Hydra precursors.
I don't know that it was "pretty evident" that it wasn't Gravitonium, because I'm pretty sure it looked damn close to the same thing, and did practically the same thing, given that I haven't seen Gravitonium in a year or two. I agree that the creation of it, once explained, gave me pause as to whether or not it was the same stuff, but "pretty evident" is a bit of a stretch I think. If I read this thread and everyone said it was Gravitonium, just created differently, I'd believe that too.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Black Widow girls = Leviathan project right? So her stealing that pin (incriminating evidence?) probably means there's already a rivalry of sorts. You have to assume mind control guy has gone over to Hydra. And SHIELD is being created to openly oppose them without exposing Hydra.

That's what I'm going with anyway. I kind of doze off during this show at times, waiting for cleavage.

I think blonde guy will die once he stumbles on the secret. I don't think he's 1950 Grant Ward.

EDIT: Will Stark PLEASE give crutch guy a robot leg already. Christ I hate watching him gimp around.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Last episode was great. Lots of clever references, including a back story for the main actress that basically makes her Hedy Lamarr in real life.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I was distracted by how they stole lamar's story. They could have made her real name hedy lamar or something.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Yeah she actually sued them over use of her name I believe. On one hand what a silly lawsuit, no way she could have won. On the other...her name is forever associated with that movie, probably more so than her interesting scientific accomplishments. Although there are much worse things one could be associated with than Blazing Saddles.

Cybsled

But it isn't. It is clear the character is inspired by her story, but it isn't a carbon copy.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yeah, that would be an easy and funny lawsuit to brush off. "So you're saying Ms Lamarr was an evil super scientist working with extradimesional goop?"

Cybsled

Ya, she had some great scenes, including her flirting-to-get-the-mission-done and the virtually instant shutdown of the science dude's date request ;p

The usage of the Pistol Packing Mama song gave me some Fallout flashbacks ;p

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Apparently the ratings are really bad this season, so I very much doubt we will see a season 3. Shame as I consider Agent Carter to be a damn good action comedy period piece.