McGregor vs Mayweather - Aug 26

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You say that as if someone would actually do that in the octagon. He was exploiting Conor's weakness as a boxer.

Definitely not as often for sure, but Floyd definitely was waiting for Conor to gas before opening up as much as he did later, b/c Conor actually landed a lot better than anyone expected early on when he had legs.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Maybe I'm post more tomorrow, but here's my thought.

Way better fight than I expected and far superior to the Pacquiao fight. I think the fight was ended early, but it didn't matter because Conor was on his way out anyway.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Definitely not as often for sure, but Floyd definitely was waiting for Conor to gas before opening up as much as he did later, b/c Conor actually landed a lot better than anyone expected early on when he had legs.

Yeah, mostly jabs in 8 oz gloves.

*edit*

and I don't disagree that the stop was a bit early, but the ref probably saved Conor from a concussion.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Punches landed against Mayweather:

Canelo: 117
McGregor: 111
Pacquiao: 81

• 2Worf

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Went pretty much as expected, fun to watch.

Pretty drunk for the fight, but why did the ref seperate them for a good 20 seconds when Conor hurt Floyd with that body shot in the 7ish round? Looked clean and Floyd looked hurt for a sec.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So is boxing the curling of fighting sports now?

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ryanz

<Banned>
Glad we all got that out of our system. Now back to real fighting...

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Lenas

Trump's Staff

Pretty drunk for the fight, but why did the ref seperate them for a good 20 seconds when Conor hurt Floyd with that body shot in the 7ish round? Looked clean and Floyd looked hurt for a sec.
Because Conor took his back for the 50th time like a retard

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This was a shit show, Floyd could have easily just saved us all 45mins and taken Conor out in the first.

floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor-scorecard.jpg

Boxing is atrocious, look at that fixed scoring, da fuq.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
This fight was entertainment only. The skill difference was yuuge.

The referee saved macgregor from getting brain damage at the end. Macgregor wanted to go out fighting, but I'm not sure he understand the damage those punches can do to the brain.

Both fighters at that end behaved spectacularly diplomatic and I appreciated that.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Punches landed against Mayweather:

Canelo: 117
McGregor: 111
Pacquiao: 81
this doesnt mean a whole lot. If connor was a professional fulltime boxer and had a gas tank, floyd would have NEVER faught connor the way he did. Floyd NEVER fights moving forward. THis was not the floyd i been watching the previous 10 years. lol

• 1Like

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty much went as expected. Floyd was just fucking with him the first 3 rounds and let McGregor gas himself out. Then he landed basically at will and whooped that ass.

Conor did land a pretty fucking good uppercut though.

Luckily Conor was fighting Mayweather and not a boxer his own size, like GGG or Canelo. He would be taken out on a stretcher if he took their punches while that exhausted (if he even made it that long).

Was round 9, and was definitely low.

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The reffing was terrible. Mayweather came to box and the ref was so slow and so geriatric on the breaks and on the fouls that it sort of ruined what the outcome was supposed to be prior to the round it ended in. Terrible reffing the entire night.

Send that fuck to a nursing home.

***MIC DROP***

• 1Picard

Loltrickedu

Trakanon Raider
Anyone else have any luck getting the showtime PPV to stream?

I purchased the event and got a loading circle for the entirety of the event. Supposedly there were tons of people unable to stream the event.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, mostly jabs in 8 oz gloves.

*edit*

and I don't disagree that the stop was a bit early, but the ref probably saved Conor from a concussion.

Not only that, but the obvious.

He saved his brand. It might take a few days but Conor will figure it out and apologize to the referee. "let me fall down" isn't legitimate criticism when he can't even hold his hands up. The casuals and the MMA fans have no idea what happened and can carry on.

Both sides win, overall good fight and the best possible call for a feel-good moment for all parties involved.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, the MMA fans will delude themselves into thinking that Conor actually did well, when 95% of his "success" was doing exactly what Floyd wanted him to do.

But this was always a win-win fight for McGregor. I think Mayweather represented boxing very well, though.

• 2Cutler
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users