Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm on the fence about grabbing this right away and playing, or waiting a few months for it to drop like a rock like all WB games on the PC do~ It looks like damn fun though

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm pretty stoked for this, i'm really bored of Destiny and D3 now-this should be a nice change of pace

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Not liking that the story only takes around 10 hours, but apparently quite a few things to do in the sandbox maps (of which there are two).

Will probably end up buying it, but waiting for the PC reviews. PC reviewers don't get their code until launch day.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Glad the reviews are good. I'll pick it up for PS4 when the price drops to under $30, or I can pick it up used. Should hold me over until Dragon Age & Smash Bros come out.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
If you buy this came at futureshop (in Canada) you can get a $70 giftcard if you trade in 2 PS4 games. Its unclear if they will accept the crappy games like Knack for this deal however. Only valid until Oct 2nd. So you pay $69.99 and 2 games for this game and $70 for the next game I guess. Odd deal but still a nice way to get $35 in trade in when they try and rob you normally.

Ie destiny trade in is $15!

Nola

Trakanon Raider
What the hell how I even didn't notice this game?! The reviews has been VERY good for this game better than I thought it would of been. I expected this to be another typical mundane hack n slash game. Watched a few videos on it and it really got me excited.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I have yet to see anything other than over the top praise. Enough to make me go from being indifferent to pre-order anyway.
I was already preordered, but definitely makes me excited to pick it up Tuesday morning for sure.

Flank_sl

shitlord
My only concern with this is how well it will play with mouse and keyboard. I will probably buy it anyway, I just hope that they kept PC players in mind when they designed the controls.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
My only concern with this is how well it will play with mouse and keyboard. I will probably buy it anyway, I just hope that they kept PC players in mind when they designed the controls.
Get a 360 controller, man.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

supertouch_sl

shitlord
If this does indeed play like Assassin's Creed and the Batman Arkham series, keyboard and mouse will be fine. I actually think kb/m is more intuitive in those games.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Get a 360 controller, man.
Or a PS2 USB controller if you prefer. I finally broke down a few years ago and got a Logitech for my emulator games. You can get them as low as 15 bucks nowadays, and just as sturdy as the normal PS2-3 controllers. I don't know why, but the 360's don't feel right to me. Probably because I played a lot of PS2 games, but never owned a MS console.

Comes in handy for these games as well.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
I know everyone is hyped as fuck for this, but man does the gameplay look bland and barebones. You run around whacking orcs and either kill them yourself or command them to kill another orc. Maybe the game will be really, really good but right now it just looks like it will be incredibly boring after 2 hours.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's been getting really great reviews, but I watched that 3 hour video and was slightly bored. They said that's "10% of the game" so I wonder if it truly is.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I know everyone is hyped as fuck for this, but man does the gameplay look bland and barebones. You run around whacking orcs and either kill them yourself or command them to kill another orc. Maybe the game will be really, really good but right now it just looks like it will be incredibly boring after 2 hours.
idk what you expected? people are hyped as fuck cause its LOTR not because this is some new innovation on the genre.

that's why im hyped, sure the nemesis system looks cool but I know what im getting into here I think most do that's why they are pumped, assasins creed / batman type game skinned in LOTR universe.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
If this does indeed play like Assassin's Creed and the Batman Arkham series, keyboard and mouse will be fine. I actually think kb/m is more intuitive in those games.
I'd disagree, Assassins Creed, at least Black Flag was sort of a pain in the ass with a keyboard.

I'm still on the fence if I should get this for PC or PS4. Any recommendations?

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
I'd disagree, Assassins Creed, at least Black Flag was sort of a pain in the ass with a keyboard.

I'm still on the fence if I should get this for PC or PS4. Any recommendations?
They're porting to PC so go with the PS4. I mean shit, I'm sure you're PS4 is lacking games anyway.