Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Flank_sl

shitlord
is there a difficulty setting, if you consciously parry you don't die.

I just seamlessly at the start ran the wrong way into 2 power lvl 7 named orcs and their lynch mobs, and just parried my way to victory, the fight sequences are badass though.
Some of the tougher bosses cannot be parried. In fact, some of the tougher trash mobs cannot be parried. You can still dodge them with space, but you need to allow a little more time for that. Some mobs cannot be hit with standard melee attacks unless they are stunned, etc.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well yea, but still doesn't change the fact you can do that crap in the Arkham games when not fighting a boss
False. It's only possible at the very beginning of the game. As soon as you start getting knife wielders, which I think are the first weapons that show up, it's no longer possible to do that because knives require a different dodge.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Maybe I'm doing something wrong or I suck or something but I can't fight a captain without 15 other dudes showing up. It's getting annoying.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Alright I added everyone I could who posted their steam id's

Steam profile page is /vtality

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong or I suck or something but I can't fight a captain without 15 other dudes showing up. It's getting annoying.
Get them to run, chase them. Kill ALL The orcs, than the captain. Or find out if they can be insta gibbed and do that, also easy to run away and pick your moment.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is there like... a wiki or something someone has found for all the different icons on your minimap? The big map explains everything but there's tons of shit on the minimap and I've come across some symbols where I can't find anything in the physical or wraith world and there just seems to be nothing special there, but a mysterious minimap icon.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
How are you guys handling strongholds with multiple captains in them? I'm hell bent on killing these two fuckers but they are immune to practically everything and engaging them directly leads to 7 trillion orcs descending upon me. I'm about to kite one of those huge troll fuckers into there.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
You DO get swarmed a little too routinely, and sometimes it's hard to get the bosses away from the pack.
Try the wraith aoe ground combo effect. The one you get from the quest to kill the gharzuls things. You can fire that thing off and get a few combo points off it then whack two guys and fire it off again. Works really well. I can't wait to get the double finisher for it

Currently getting my ass kicked by one specific enemy. He was level 10 when I unlocked the ability to use a Death Threat, I wanted to try it so I used it on him. That bumped him up to 15. Then he stumbled upon me while I was trying to stealth kill a different boss. I died, now he's level 20. He is immune to ranged, stealth, and finishers. He also enrages from several different things. I've created a monster.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They forgot to add flaming fucking pussy to his profile description.

rrr_img_77323.jpg

Flank_sl

shitlord
Currently getting my ass kicked by one specific enemy. He was level 10 when I unlocked the ability to use a Death Threat, I wanted to try it so I used it on him. That bumped him up to 15. Then he stumbled upon me while I was trying to stealth kill a different boss. I died, now he's level 20. He is immune to ranged, stealth, and finishers. He also enrages from several different things. I've created a monster.
I also created a monster, level 20 and immune to everything. However, he died during an ambush event when I killed all his allies from range, then I just walked up and looted his rune. This game is great.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
There is this one little fucker in which every othrr captain fight, he shows up to taunt me. He was one of those humiliatiors. I NEED to kill this little bastard. "Oh hi! It's me again!" Get jumped, and almost dead. "I love tormenting you. See you soon!"

That little bitch is mine. After work.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
There is this one little fucker in which every othrr captain fight, he shows up to taunt me. He was one of those humiliatiors. I NEED to kill this little bastard. "Oh hi! It's me again!" Get jumped, and almost dead. "I love tormenting you. See you soon!"

That little bitch is mine. After work.
There was this orc called the gentle or the polite or whatever it was, he kept on calling me a fine gentleman and a good lad, while telling me it's a pity cause he didn't want to kill me.

I love this game.

mukkel

Trakanon Raider
Added a few of you to friends on steam for revenge killings - if you'd like to add me my profile is mukkel .. /id/mukkel

Vitality

HUSTLE
I think my favorite Uruk is the one that Sings to you while it fights you. It's pretty hilarious.

Also, for the posts about the immune uruks, need to get intel on them and see what their one-shot weakness is. (Most immune uruks can be stealth killed or ledge executed or 8combo executed, depends on the uruk)

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Playing a bit more, stealth really needs to move next gen already. Shoot two uruks in a pack of three, after a minute he blames it on the wind -.-

They need to differentiate between finding a dead body and actually seeing it die.