Might & Magic X: Legacy

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Don't really need the blademaster AE though. You can just chain kills with cleave until everything is dead, and that costs no mana at all. Carnage actually sucks because killing something doesn't trigger cleave even though carnage is specifically labeled as a melee attack. I gave my BM enough mana to do two carnages before I realized it was utterly wasted on her.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Some patch observations :
GM focus bonus has been halved to 200% from 400%. No real impact, melee with focus was pointless anyway.

1H focus has had their crit bonus halved, 15% for dragon orbs. 2H reduced by something a little less, top end is 30%. The extra 100% crit bonus for spells is still there. Spell dps was marginal at high end before, now it's mostly pointless.

2h Spear went from 32-64 to 37-83 and from 50% crit to 70% crit. Barbarian spear hits now do double the damage of firebolt hits, and spear crits do about 120% of firebolt crits.

No change to blademaster sword that I could see.

No nerf to liquid membrane

Couldn't find the new dungeons in 10 min of running about, will let someone else find them ;p

New patch gave a new set of uplay points when I exited.
The patch is out? I don't see it up on their website.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Don't really need the blademaster AE though. You can just chain kills with cleave until everything is dead, and that costs no mana at all. Carnage actually sucks because killing something doesn't trigger cleave even though carnage is specifically labeled as a melee attack. I gave my BM enough mana to do two carnages before I realized it was utterly wasted on her.
Oh right there's that if you can one round shit, good point. Still on my mage playthrough, I would rarely have to actually melee anything but shit that spawned in melee range or bosses, like the whole endgame where there's a fuckton of ambushes were mostly about mobs running into static aoes and dying like a bunch of retards, or single rounding every group in melee range with double fireburst, so the single target DPS being lower wasn't really a factor.

Caliane

yeah. staff/orbs crit damage nerfed bigtime.

xbow is 60% crit damage now. dont think it was before?

"sarah attacks shadow lurker -227 (critical) damage (202 physical +25air)
your axe skill left a bleeding wound on your enemy!
sarah attacks shadow lrker -168 damage (151 physical =17 light)

later, shadow lurker attacks and:
"bleeding hits shadow lurker -114 damage."
Yeah, bleeding works fine for my scout with axes.

now, I just need to figure out why 227 was a crit over a base 200 damage...

Found "fortress of crows" in desolate wastes, near the skull cave.
Limbo dungeon just west of lord killburn in yon-chall forest.
Dreamshard is by going back to thousand terrors with the dream shard you got there. I think.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Ah, so is that an actual skill on your character that causes the bleeding? Because if so, the spear bleed is caused by the spear itself. Maybe that is the difference, skill vs. weapon application of bleed? Because I am positive mine has been 1 every time I cared to check, and yours obviously isn't.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Just went and did one of the dungeons and thought I took several screenshots, but if they took I can't find them anywhere. Either way, it is definitely only doing 1 pt of damage every time when bleed is applied from the spear. I don't have anyone with an axe to test the difference.

Also, as far as bows, I'm using the relic bow which gives you back mana, and it doesn't affect melee attacks, so I'm guessing that a vampiric bow won't work for melee either. Probably the best bet is to just get a bow with vitality or some stat you care about really. I've never really seen a bow with anything better than that, but I barely pay attention to them too, so I'm likely wrong.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There are reports of axe bleeds not working on the official forums too. I still think it's probably being reduced by armor.

And yeah, +HP and +mana are all I bothered with on ranged weapons too.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Haha, note to self (slightly spoilery but not really): when attacking a mob with hundreds of thousands of hitpoints, AND reflect, don't cast that instant 15% reduction spell
tongue.png

BTW, that bleed thing still has to be fucked up more than just armor if I'm getting 1s all the time, doesn't it? I can crit for over 700, so even a normal hit of mediocre damage is in the 100+ range. There's no way that 50% of that, reduced by armor, should just be 1 every single time. Random chance should give me some higher than that at least. And Caliane is getting higher numbers obviously.

I have to think it is maybe doing 50% based on the damage of the spear itself, which is like 36-72 or something, because the spear is applying it, not the character Maybe that number is being reduced by armor then?

I still use it because unfortunately my only relentless spear is less than half the damage so I don't even get the same total with two attacks. The bleed would have just been a nice bonus. I'm too lazy to sit and spam shops over and over for a good one, and it isn't like it is really needed to beat the game anyway. Only have one silksword relentless on my blademaster too. I can't imagine how faceroll it would be with a dragon spear and 2 swords with relentlessness.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Maybe it's something retarded like it calls the axe bleed proc and since you don't have axe trained it does minimum damage. If it's a char that can train axe maybe you can save next level, put 1pt in axe then see if you can proc normal bleeds.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Well, I did as you suggested, and I finally got it to take some screenshots, so here is the proof. By the way, this was a pain in the ass because my last convenient save was at the end of the Limbo dungeon, which gave my orc just enough to level up...but meant every mob on the planet was dead except for in the Dream Shard dungeon. So I had to go all the way over there, figure out how to get in, and then save and fight shit over and over and over with just the orc until bleed proc'ed!

You'll also note my "not give a fuck" use of the pack horse instead of an actual useful hireling. I am constantly throwing shit away in those dungeons, sometimes even magic items, and while I normally use the 4 block npc, it just doesn't matter. So I take the horse, and even then sometimes still have to throw items away. Sure I could teleport out, but fuck running back just because I wanted to sell some shit, for money I don't need.

Here are the (huge) screenshots just to show that I put points in axe, and the amount of damage I was doing when applying bleed and when it went off for only 1.
rrr_img_60693.jpg

rrr_img_60694.jpg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You should get the vendor hireling, can just sell shit when you're full. He's like near the entrance to the desolate lands from the forest, near a mysterious cave.

And yeah doesn't seem to be axe based, probably just the item that sucks.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Good idea on the vendor. I thought there was one, but couldn't find it again, so just went with the pack horse I knew where to find.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
God I love this game.. It's like meeting a long lost friend and wondering why you drifted apart. Oh yeah I forgot, it's because quality game companies founded by creative visionaries became corporate behemoths that only care about the bottom line-- shoveling mindless pretty 3D first person shit down Ritalin caked throats. God forbid someone actually has to figure out a riddle, that shit requires reading and thought..

Anyways, taking it nice and slow trying to complete as many quests as possible. Guys are lvl 20 and I just accessed Karthal. if I had to review it so far it would get an 8.5/10, which seems to be kind of low considering how much I love it. However these three "flaws" really bother me:

1) Poor vendor itemization, and itemization in general. Vendors rarely have anything good to sell, and itemization in general is kind of weak. With the exception of relics most items have that Diabloesque randomly generated feel.

2) The "quick access" toolbar needs to support more shortcuts. Find myself having to cast from the spellbook way too often

3) Spell variety. Getting 2 spells per promo is weak.. They really could have used more spells.

That being said, I think they did an incredible job on the lore, both with the books and the relic items. I think they also did a great job giving the feeling of expansiveness and freedom of movement without going overboard. Kudos for the bestiary idea as well, which was a cool way to introduce additional strategy.

Haven't even finished yet and can hardly wait for a DLC/expansion.. Anybody have an idea of how well it's doing sale wise?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I can't answer any of your questions, but I did the Dream Shard dungeon over the weekend, and while I realize it is a Digital Deluxe perk, I was extremely disappointed with how short it was. Not to mention that by the time you get there, the mobs are cake (except for the aforementioned reflect that everyone loves). I think there were maybe 5-6 packs of mobs at most before the boss fight. So other than getting the DLC for free, if you didn't buy the DD version, I wouldn't worry too much. Total letdown.

That being said, I still love the game. It just reaches a point where things go from pretty hard to cakewalk easy, instantly, and that's never a good thing. I can only hope the DLC implements some of that difficulty again.

I agree Vvoid. This game is great and I hope it sold/sells well enough to mean future dlc and full length games. But I've really noticed something as I've been binging on old school RPGs lately. The Baldur's Gates, Planescape, Arcanum, and the Original Fallouts. Those games were all hard throughout. Sure you could use some really cheesy stuff to make things a cakewalk at times, but certain parts of the games (any caster fight in BG2 for example) were always very unforgiving. I think aside from that first blind play through of Demon/Dark Souls no modern game has been able to recapture that feeling of true difficulty and lack of hand holding.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
It seems like Grandmaster is a key turning point that just turns difficulty on its head. WAY too much instant power gain.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Is it only swords/crusaders that have to achieve their promotion quest before being able to train Grandmaster? I've been rushing points to get GM for each of my guys, finally achieved it for my Crusader, then was told to F-off and that I couldn't train sword until I was a pally. I assume this applies to all classes and abilities-- need to be promoted before you can train GM? If so I guess rushing was a bad idea..

Crazily

N00b
Is it only swords/crusaders that have to achieve their promotion quest before being able to train Grandmaster? I've been rushing points to get GM for each of my guys, finally achieved it for my Crusader, then was told to F-off and that I couldn't train sword until I was a pally. I assume this applies to all classes and abilities-- need to be promoted before you can train GM? If so I guess rushing was a bad idea..
I am stuck on paladin promotion. Can't find the 3rd disc...checked everywhere threads on the forums said and it's not there.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
First one is in bandit ruins you clear in 1st act, second disk is sold by some dude in the slums in karthala at blackfang hidehout (have to ask to see his 'exotic' stock or some shit), 3rd is on the 2nd floor of the lost city dungeon at coords 13,17 I think.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You do need to be promoted to achieve GM yes. It's still worth it having max swords but you won't GM until lvl 20-25ish depending on the class, some can promote earlier cause the promotion quest are fucking stupid easy though.

As for the disk, might be a bug but I never had an issue with having the full disk in all my playthrough. One is early in the game, I think it's bandit lair in the forest in a secret room, second is in lost city and 3rd in karthal on a vendor. Well it might not be the right numbers. If you're missing the lost city one, it's on lvl 2 at coordinates 13,17 supposedly, based on the thread I've seen. Is that the one you checked that's not there?