Might & Magic X: Legacy

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've been fixing this stuff as I see it come up so that I can hopefully avoid as many bugs as possible. I don't get much time to play, so I'm still very early in the game, so hopefully by the time I get through this stuff, I'll be mostly bug free! haha
Not sure you want to 'fix' that one unless the bug actually happens to you. I never touched that file and didn't have any issues with the Lost City key.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Said fuck it and changed the meleerangedmalus or whatever to .9

They made some seriously strange decisions with this one! But the fact I'm still playing means it's a solid game, despite all the fuckups / weird shit.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Shouldn't you change it to 0? Malus is a penalty, increasing the penalty means you'll do even less damage, unless it's using a weird way to represent the value.

As for the lost city key, you shouldn't change it unless you actually get the bug, which as mentionned is probably by dropping the dialogue halfway or doing something weird. If you change it otherwise then the quest will be offered over and over, which isn't an issue but it'll look buggy.

Quests don't break unless you do something unexpected basically, I've played the game twice and the only gamebreaking issue was the fire key puzzle and I hadn't noticed the reset button. On the other hand, if you tend to use the teleport spells in the middle of combat/dungeons or explore places before taking all the quests possible, you can break a variable amount of stuff.

I made a list of the stuff that I've seen most reports for a few posts back, think 2pages ago. Don't go to the crag or the tomb of 1000terrors until you have the mainquest for these, you're not even supposed to be able to enter the tomb but seems you can sometimes and for the crag the quest should be obtained at the same time as you get access to the western areas but it seems it's possible to not take it or something not sure. Don't clear the cyclops in the mountains(need air blessing, fairly lategame) before you have your defender promotion quest and don't recall out of the runepriest dungeon after the wall closes behind you(the wall doesn't reopen unless you kill the boss). I think those are the big main issues, and the lost city thing. I don't remember much other than that and people having technical issues like the game crashing repeatedly, or being stuck in combat because they teleported out of a fight outside(you have to run back and kill the mobs). In general, don't recall out of combat, just reload.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I dunno, I haven't tried it. I realize the word malus means penalty, but I'm pretty sure they've just done it as a percentage modifier of total damage. This was based on other values I saw in the config file. We shall see!

edit- yeah just checked, the "malus" for broken items on normal is .9, on hard it's .25.

Lodor_sl

shitlord
The 40uplay point unlock, Meow dungeon. Anyone ran through it yet? If so how hard is it and is it worth the 40 unlock points or is it better to spend them elsewhere first?

Vaclav

Wifes gotten to it on her playthrough - I've not gotten to it on my replay - for her at pre-Act 3 she couldn't progress too far.

Vorph

How did the rest of you spec your druid's skills? I'm torn between the obvious GM Earth/Water/Prime + Master Mysticism + Expert Focus and doing something a little different. Like, say, leaving Prime at Expert and getting Master Air instead. I'm just not sure that Chain Lightning is powerful enough to bother with at only Master level, compared to GM-level Implosion.

Edit: Had 18 points kicking around on the Druid so I decided to make a savegame and go try out GM Prime. I'm not impressed with Implosion in the slightest. Does maybe 180-190 (actual tooltip is 161-207) to the main target and 60-70 to anything else on the same tile. Not being a multi-tile AE sucks, and I have no idea what the "30% damage (based on target's remaining health)" part is supposed to mean. They appear to take more than 30% but not significantly more, maybe 35-40% at the most. Chain Lightning, even only at Master, would do vastly more damage than that in any situation I'd want my Druid to cast either spell.

Caliane

GM is 3 times as much damage as master. So yeah, its hard to justify any damage spell being capped at master.

master chain lit will fall off alot by level 18 or so.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Implosion does more dmg on enemies with less low health I believe, it's a good finisher but a terrible opener, and it's "single" target. Chain lightning does ok damage if mobs aren't resistant, at least at master(at GM it rapes). I just used my GM water to do damage though, blizzard mostly, and poison cloud from Earth. GM earth/water, expert mysticism(early game), medium armor(unbreakable), focus(staff since he can't use shields) then dumped the rest in arcane for resists so he wouldn't die like ever. 1pt in endurance and bow. Didn't really need a 4th DPS anyway, and GM water is good enough to deal some damage, also can use tsunami to clear shit away from you, good if you want to redrop a fire rune for example, or just buy yourself some time(why you'd need to I'm not sure, but it does push stuff like 2-3blocks back so it buys you a lot of time).

Vorph

GM is 3 times as much damage as master. So yeah, its hard to justify any damage spell being capped at master.

master chain lit will fall off alot by level 18 or so.
Er, no. Master is 175% of base damage and GM is 300%. Master Implosion hit for around 100, GM Implosion hits for maybe 180. Also, in my particular situation, I have +13 in air skill items in my inventory, so even at Master Air I will have a 240% damage mod. Granted, Prime could go a lot higher at +8% per bonus point from items, but I have nothing. The cheater staff from Uplay helps a lot with air, and in general is just far better than the normal in-game relic staff.

And Chain Lightning damage is multiplicative based on how many targets it hits. I have not tested it myself, but my friend playing the game with a similar team setup as mine has a record-high Chain Lightning hit of 767 at Master skill in Air and he has maybe one skill boosting item.

Caliane

master is 15 skill points worth 5% damage each.. +75%
GM is 25 skill points worth 10% damage each. +250%

Magic is additive with those values. 2% per point.
50 magic giving +100%.

so 50 magic, master air would be 275% of base. GM air would be 450% of base.

Also, 767 chain lit?
my freemage has 61 int, 20 points in Air.
39-90 chain lit
+48% crit damage.

pretty sure I have not seen 767. 567ish lit crit vs earth elementals is my highest. (lightning is 56-109 list btw)
They have negative air resists.
Even 3 bounces should not be that high.

Vorph

GM is 25 skill points worth 10% damage each. +250%
My bad, I thought GM spell schools got an extra 3% like melee weapons. That's still a long ways from three times the damage though, even if the spells were equal (which they aren't even close to being). In practice, it's about 1.66x more damage at GM with 50 magic and no items.

Prime vs. Air is even less impressive when you look at the actual tooltips:

Implosion (Master skill, 51 magic, no +prime items): 97-125 damage to main target | 3 targets - 111+33+33=177
Implosion (GM skill, 51 magic, no +prime items): 161-207 damage to main target | 3 targets - 184+55+55=294

Chain Lightning (Master skill, 51 magic, no +air items): 33-78 damage | 3 targets - 167+167+167=501
Chain Lightning (Master skill, 51 magic, +13 air items): 41-96 damage | 3 targets - 206+206+206=618

Going to go with GM Earth/Water, Master Air, Expert Mystic/Focus/Prime/Medium Armor, 1 in Bow and Endurance. That's 95 points, which should be ok.

Caliane

I worded it poorly.
GM's 250% damage bonus is more then 3x as much as Masters 75%.
the final damage however is not, because skills are not the only source of damage. the more magic you have of course, the smaller the variance as a % of total.

And yeah, if you meant 767 as combined damage then yeah. Cyclone is even better for damage/mana efficiency.
And cyclone+chain lit... your air mage will be doing a CRAZY amount of damage per turn.

that said, earth and water both also do alot of damage as pyros noted. You wont be doing air, when you have both of them likely.

Vorph

Nope, there's something strange going on with crit multipliers and creatures that are vulnerable to an element. His chain lightning did 767 per target. I've seen something similar myself on my runepriest, I had a firebolt crit for over 300 back when my party was still around level 10. It was on a Kenshi in the lighthouse, which has -25 fire resist. Not sure what exactly he hit for 767, but there are things with -25 air resist too.

Not something I'd count on anyway, my casters have base level destiny still. Not sure if that was a mistake, but .25% crit seems strictly inferior to 2% damage unless something is really broken.

Caliane

yeah. was thinking that as well. 500+ lit crit on earth elem was fairly inexplicable for what at the time was a 80 something list lightning.

Earth elems have -25 air.

Lodor_sl

shitlord
Has anyone had the black screen on start problem?

The game has worked for the last week+ fine then all of a sudden today when uplay launches the game it is just a black screen with the hand icon.

I verified the files, the the nvidia file fix posted on the uplay forums. neither fixed the issue.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Is there anywhere in your char sheet or anything that will tell you how many attacks per round you have?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Am I just unlucky? I realize I am not super far in the game, but I'm basically at the start of the Lost City in Act II, and haven't found a single magic weapon that my melee characters can use. Granted, they can only use swords and spears, but aren't swords supposed to be the bread and butter of fantasy games? Other than that, I have the relic staff for my druid and some mediocre staff for my freemage, that's it. I obviously have the relic 2h axe but no one can use that. It just seems like quite a long time to play without even finding a single magic sword or spear.

I am running with an orc barbarian, human freemage, and elven bladedancer and druid. I would have put a dwarf in there if I knew there were race-restricted areas, but oh well. I went swords with my bladedancer because daggers just seems like I'm trying to powergame it instead of play the way I normally would. I've probably tossed around too many skill points in various skills to max out the things I should, but again, oh well.

Another question I have is about the stats. I've pretty much been doing 1 Spirit, 1 Vit, and 2 Magic on my casters, and then 2 Str, 1 Vit, and 1 either in Perception, Destiny, or another Vit for my two melee fighters. Is there a point at which I should stop raising Magic and Strength? It seems like it is a constant increase forever, but there must be some point where it isn't worth raising it more? I could obviously see having more mana and hps being a good thing, but is there a point where I don't really need more To Hit and Damage?

Loving the game so far, and tried to avoid a lot of spoilers, in this thread and elsewhere, but after wandering around a ton I now just load up a page with the location of all the trainers when I need to go to one. I realized later I could have labeled them on the map, but that wasn't obvious to me until much later, so fuck it, spoiler page it is. I didn't use it to determine what classes or weapons I used, so I would rather just save some time instead of wandering around endlessly.

Arkael

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone know how to fix this bug where all the assets/buildings for zoning just disappear? After clearing a dungeon everything in the adjacent zone disappeared. Makes it difficult to progress
frown.png