Might & Magic X: Legacy

Caliane

Just buy a sword from the crag or seahaven. stocks rotate. daily? something like that.

I was doing 2/1/1 like you were magic/vit/spirit for the longest time. pryos mentioned he had good success focusing purely on spirit.

Magic is a flat 2% damage gain. This damage gain is additive with skill damage gain.
Spirit is a flat 3 mana per point. (mysticism can increase this at its % tiers. but is a flat 5 mana per skill point otherwise.)

Skill points give a HUGE damage increase.
5% per skill point. and at the GM level 10% per skill point.

If a spell has a 20 damage base, at base magic level of 6. it will do 22damage.
with 50 magic, 40 damage.
75 magic, 50 damage. (69 attribute points)
Master, skill with 6 magic. (75%+12%=+87%)=37.4 damage.
master skill with 50 magic. (75%+100%=+175%)=55 damage.
maser skill with 75 magic.(75%+150%=225%)=65 damage.
GM skill with 6 magic. (250%+12%=262%)72.4 damage.
GM skill with 50magic. (250+100=350)=90 damage.
GM skill with 75 magic. (250+150=400)=100

As you can see, the increase from magic is pretty minor in comparison to GM importance. 50-75 magic is only +50% to base damage. which is only 10 damage in this case. take a look at any given spell for the actual value.
Those 25 points in spirit however, would be 75 more mana. thats 5 more lightnings in a fight. or another cyclone+lighting. or 2 chain lightnings, and a lightning.

There is a cost factor as well. how often do you need to use mana pots or rest?

Map labels kindof suck honestly. Because you can't MOVE the map, or load up towns, etc.
Marking trainers etc in seahaven, does you no good when you are in the crag trying to remember where the dw expert trainer was.
So you have to write that stuff down on paper anyway.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So from what I'm hearing, forget might or magic for damage bonus, minus maybe a few points, and really focus on spirit and vitality, so you can cast more spells, and rest less.

Perfect.

Caliane

I have no idea what the magic requirements are for the secrets doors.
I also do not know how exactly magic relates to non-damage based skills. it could be the same as damage, or not.

Might is not as bad. Things are much different here.
Weapons get 5% per skill point base. but their master and GM bonuses are not the same.
Swords get an extra strike at master level. dont remember gm atm..
Master 2h is .1% crit for each point in DESTINY, not weapon skill.
master DW is .4% damage for each point of might, and 1% crit for each point in Destiny.
Axe GM is an additional 3% damage for each point in axe... so yeah, that one devalues might. particularly with the higher crit damage.

(scout should probably focus on perception/destiny, capping at like 25 str)
ps, my scout has like 39 str atm iirc. I am just doing the math on this now.. considering the skill pionts, etc. definitely no more str for her.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I am still currently struggling with money to buy spells and potions, so I haven't wanted to spend any money on gear that I'll hopefully just replace soon anyway. And the sell back rate is just abysmal, so it is pretty much like throwing your money away. Just sort of bugs me that I haven't found even one good spear or sword. I have upgraded them each exactly once, for a 1 or 2 damage better white version, that's it.

Thanks for the info on the usefulness of Strength and Magic. I think I'm high enough (40s and 50s) to where I will pretty much just focus on spirit and vit with a bit of destiny/perception. I've already been bumping up my barbarian's perception little by little strictly for hidden shit, but now that I say that, I realize I've completely forgotten about hidden shit since that hireling left me. Hopefully I can hire another one fairly soon? I hate casting that spell over and over, and obviously I don't have whatever permanent solution you guys are talking about.

Caliane

Spoiler for hidden shit, if you really want the answer.
there is a dog in yon chall forest. the second entrance, just after the axe GM trainer. not he first one, close to seahaven. basically due north, past the tower with shield gm, and the geography test. the dog acts as a trap/secret spotter. or of course, cast whispering shadows via scroll or dark magic.

If you have not been finding secrets since the lighthouse, that would be quite a bit of gold you have missed.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The shops actually sell lategame weapons, including seahaven which specializes in swords. There's stuff that's like dragon sword or whatever the fuck, they're worth like 14k which is quite a bit, but they have the maximum damage range in the game, so if you find one that had a good proc or like +sword, that's basically your endgame weapon and you might as well buy it. But yeah money is tight if you run more than one caster for a while.

On Might, I think it's a bit more useful than Magic, because for one weapon skills provide less damage(200% vs 250% for magic) but also because the other stats are so so. Might be worth it to dump in destiny for crit% though, especially with sword and axe, would need to do the math but I assume it's worth it. For secrets, might and perception can be fixed with the corresponding magic spell, need expert fire and air respectively, but you probably want more, that said with GM for example I could open every secret on first try on casters. Can't do that for magic though, so might need one of your chars with decent magic, but like 35 or so would probably be enough. You can always bruteforce secrets anyway, just cast regen, then spam spacebar and click on your team one by one until it opens, can take a minute though when you're low.

For detection, you can only get a hireling that does it with a ranger in your group. Otherwise you'll have to wait until you get the dark shard(which iirc is in the karthal jail, so about halfway into act3) to get a permanent detection. Recasting it isn't so bad if it's a spell, plus you need to recast light orb/torch anyway to see shit in dungeons, so you just do both.

Caliane

I did have an elf. and hybrids. but no ranger.
merc, scout, freemage, druid.

Did you have 2 companions when you went to talk to him?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Spoiler for hidden shit, if you really want the answer.
there is a dog in yon chall forest. the second entrance, just after the axe GM trainer. not he first one, close to seahaven. basically due north, past the tower with shield gm, and the geography test. the dog acts as a trap/secret spotter. or of course, cast whispering shadows via scroll or dark magic.

If you have not been finding secrets since the lighthouse, that would be quite a bit of gold you have missed.
Thanks, that is pretty much exactly where I am at in the game, so apparently I haven't found that spot yet. I know that some of the area past the GM Shield guy is some bandits that still fuck me up, so I haven't totally explored that area. I'll definitely go back through all the old dungeons once I get him though.

There are no "secret doors" per se in the overworld though, right?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It doesn't. I had to manually fire the orc who finds extra food in order to pick up the dog (already had the 10% xp quest guy).
Shit, I'll have to do that too, because that's exactly the two I have right now. I'm assuming that I would have still seen the dog if I had two, just not known what to do with it?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's a dog in a cage guarded by a camp full of mobs that are considerably tougher than anything else in the general area. I guess it's possible you could miss that the cage can be interacted with, but you should remember the spot at least if you already cleared it out.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Ok. Probably in that area I avoided because the mobs are too tough for me right now unless I blow through mana potions. Thanks for the info.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
Anyone know how to fix this bug where all the assets/buildings for zoning just disappear? After clearing a dungeon everything in the adjacent zone disappeared. Makes it difficult to progress
frown.png
I'm having the same issue at the moment.
frown.png
Everything on the world map (well, at least the first area of it) is gone.

Lodor_sl

shitlord
I had a black screen issue and flickering screen. I just deleted the whole assets folder and did a file verification/install. That fixed all my graphic issues.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Just finished the game on normal difficulty. Damn fun game. The ending was pretty decent for a low-budget game. I had 1 character at level 33, everyone else was at lvl 32, and I had one of the 10% bonus EXP guys in my party probably from the beginning of act II until the end of the game.

One tip that I cant recommend strongly enough, whichever character is your healer/curer/dispeller of bad things, make sure they have a necklace or ring of feeblemind immunity. God damn there's a lot of chain-feebleminding mobs towards the end of the game. My other 3 party members pretty much ran around constantly feebleminded in the last few dungeons. Also made many fights easier, because the caster mobs would just chain cast feeblemind on my immune character, trying to nail her too, effectively doing no damage for the entire fight.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Man, the gold really ramps up once you get into stuff like the Lost City. I was barely scraping by before then. I'm still not living large, but I managed to buy a bunch of spells and then blow the rest of my wad (about 10k) on a nice blue dragon sword that does something like 17 extra earth damage and 11 to everyone in the square. I figured since it was my dual-wield weapon I would end up using it a long time even if I found a relic sword my very next mob. Went to bed after buying it so no idea how much difference it will make, but at least I have something decent. Sort of sucked having my druid's melee (the relic staff thing) doing the most damage to Elite Militia Captains.

Obviously I'm nowhere near finished, but hopefully that "Meow" dungeon and the subsequent dungeons and DLC continue from level 30'ish on so we can max a few more skills. Anyone know if that is how it will work?