Moviepass: pay $10/mo, see one movie a day in theaters

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The loopholes could be the death knell but they didn't shut down Credit Card companies. CC's in the USA have been easily exploitable forever, to the tune of people being able to not only build huge banks of CC points but also get tons of cash back rewards without ever spending any of their own money (or very little). Over time the credit card companies have also gotten better at making the cards harder to exploit.

The reason it isn't a huge problem and the company just writes it off as a loss is because people like you are the exception, not the rule. Most people will likely use the pass once a week at most. Just like the large majority of people never CC churn or take advantage of what's known as "manufactured spending".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I've had my moviepass for a couple of weeks, and every weekend I think about going to the theater that is literally less than 2 miles from me, and every weekend I think of some reason to sit on my ass at home instead. I'm funding spronk's lifestyle :(

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I was a Day 2 order, received my card today. Time to watch Dunkirk, Wind River, and It.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Sorry if this has already been asked. If I sign up I imagine I need to show some form of ID when entering the theater with my purchase to make sure its the original pass holder, or is this something where my son and I can share a single pass to watch movies on different days.

joz123

Potato del Grande
MoviePass is a good thing for me. Now I see movies I wouldn't have thought of seeing just because I have it.

• 1Worf

joz123

Potato del Grande
Sorry if this has already been asked. If I sign up I imagine I need to show some form of ID when entering the theater with my purchase to make sure its the original pass holder, or is this something where my son and I can share a single pass to watch movies on different days.
Pay for the movies at the kiosks and you dont have to show ID.

spronk

FPS noob
I feel like spronk is buying tickets just because he can

i buy tickets to weekend It shows on days I am not gonna see anything and then hand the tickets out as tips to cute baristas and stuff

I'm like Johnny Appleseed, except with movie tickets

• 1Like

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
i buy tickets to weekend It shows on days I am not gonna see anything and then hand the tickets out as tips to cute baristas and stuff

I'm like Johnny Appleseed, except with movie tickets

Johnny 45seed?

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The loopholes could be the death knell but they didn't shut down Credit Card companies. CC's in the USA have been easily exploitable forever, to the tune of people being able to not only build huge banks of CC points but also get tons of cash back rewards without ever spending any of their own money (or very little). Over time the credit card companies have also gotten better at making the cards harder to exploit.

The reason it isn't a huge problem and the company just writes it off as a loss is because people like you are the exception, not the rule. Most people will likely use the pass once a week at most. Just like the large majority of people never CC churn or take advantage of what's known as "manufactured spending".

1de.gif

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
How do you check what movie theaters it can be used at? The map on their website didn't seem to show anything, and seems like you have to start a membership before you can use their app.

spronk

FPS noob
If you go to MoviePass - Watch New Movies in Theaters and type in your zip code at the bottom it doesn't show theaters? Whats your zip code, I can check in case it doesn't work in your browser for some weird reason (firewall, security, ?)

It works at almost all AMCs, Regal, Cinemarks which cover like 85% of theaters

Goatface

their map doesn't do anything for me with firefox with ublock and other privacy stuff
but just fine with chrome

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
Thanks all for letting me know it was the browser that was the issue. So the 2 theaters near me are on the list. Think I am going to pull the trigger on this.