MTG thread

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I gave away to my friends my 4 thoughtseizes. They are casual scum and never fully appreciate them, but whatever.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Went 4-0 at a pioneer FNM and won $45 in store credit with mono black agro.

For a $5 buy in and playing agaisnt total trash cans for four rounds I can't think of a better way to buy more cards.

Store by me ran a 1k few weeks ago, with a "free" 35$ buyin cause they gave you 35$ store credit for entering.

Me and friends all made top8 and we all just split for 125$ lol. Played 5 rounds and made top 8 at 3-1-1 with an ID cause there were only like 35 people.

I do love me some free money.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Best card in the set so far

wCVujMI.png

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
It counters any abilities? Triggered, activated, not bad.

At least it is expensive at 3 cmc.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Flavor text is fun but ain't no one casting a 3 Mana manaleak with fake storm.

In eternal formats you have access to Flusterstorm anyways.

It's basically the only clean answer to Krasis in standard which is probably good enough to warrant play there.

If a 3 mana counter were ever to be played in modern (that isn't force) it's probably this. U/W/x getting to stuff ulamog or grapeshot is a lot of utility.

It can even be a stone rain sometimes!

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
It's basically the only clean answer to Krasis in standard which is probably good enough to warrant play there.

If a 3 mana counter were ever to be played in modern (that isn't force) it's probably this. U/W/x getting to stuff ulamog or grapeshot is a lot of utility.

I dunnnooo... Is a 3 Mana counterspell that is only good agaisnt Hydroid Krasis worth playing?

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
no flusterstorm in pioneer, you could counter multiple phoenix's coming out of gy, or those dredgless dredge triggers or something, i'd grab a playset just in case at uncommon, people already play disallow in that format, also it looks like a commander card.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I'm not even sure how the card works. I assume it can counter a whole stack?
it will counter everthing that is not a mana ability, casting triggers, the surce itself.

For example I have th eenchatment that whenever I cast a blue spell i mill my target for 2.

1578335676450.png

I cast hydroid Krasis, It triggers my enchantment and the casting trigger of Krasis.
My oponent responds with Whirlwind denial.

I have no mana... Everything gets countered.. everything. 2 abilities and 1 actual spell card.

Sterling

El Presidente

Krasis barely being played right now anyways.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
A second Lab Man for Standard. Self-mill's probably a pretty fun Wood 5 tier deck for standard.

ThassaOracle.png

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
A second Lab Man for Standard. Self-mill's probably a pretty fun Wood 5 tier deck for standard.

View attachment 241859

That's better and quicker than Jace. Of course the deck will use both but it's the better win con. It adds a lot of uncertainty for the opponent and can be played in multiples on same turn. While that's not usually significant, the extra 2 devotion can win the game. I like it.

Edit- on Whirlwind denial, it will also stop those cat oven decks for a turn. In Arena, that alone makes it a fantastic card.

Last edited:

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
There any tips or tricks to recover cards somewhat from some liquid damage or are they pretty much toast? Had some poltergeist shit knock over a soda can, which knocked over my husband's deck box while he was out of the room and doused his foil Keranos. Don't ask me why it wasn't double sleeved, considering I have 4 packs of sealable inners just lying around...

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
There any tips or tricks to recover cards somewhat from some liquid damage or are they pretty much toast? Had some poltergeist shit knock over a soda can, which knocked over my husband's deck box while he was out of the room and doused his foil Keranos. Don't ask me why it wasn't double sleeved, considering I have 4 packs of sealable inners just lying around...

If they're still wet than you need to flatten them before drying. Get a heavy-ass book or cookie sheet and put a weight on it. As long as they come out on the other end alright they'll still be playable sleeved even if people think you were jacking it all over Nissa.