NBA 2015-2016 Season thread

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Can I play the sample size game too? In the 29 games after the all star game Wiggins went 20 5 and 2.

I'll admit Clarkson's starting stats look better. 15 4 and 5 on 46% shooting isn't horrible. He's pretty awful defensively though. Like very bottom of the league starters in RAPM. He's not Zach Lavine bad, but he's still pretty bad. I'll eat some crow though. Better player than I thought. I'm still not sure I'd say he's shown enough to be a "core" guy, especially considering you'd have questions about how he and Russell would play next to each other long term, but sure. He's a good young piece.

I have zero worry about Russell. He was incredibly efficient both as a scorer and passer on an awful Ohio State team in college. Kid will ball and definitely was the right choice over Okafor.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can I play the sample size game too? In the 29 games after the all star game Wiggins went 20 5 and 2.

I'll admit Clarkson's starting stats look better. 15 4 and 5 on 46% shooting isn't horrible. He's pretty awful defensively though. Like very bottom of the league starters in RAPM. He's not Zach Lavine bad, but he's still pretty bad. I'll eat some crow though. Better player than I thought. I'm still not sure I'd say he's shown enough to be a "core" guy, especially considering you'd have questions about how he and Russell would play next to each other long term, but sure. He's a good young piece.

I have zero worry about Russell. He was incredibly efficient both as a scorer and passer on an awful Ohio State team in college. Kid will ball and definitely was the right choice over Okafor.
KAT is the real deal man. Dude is going to be a Superstar. Just after two games you can tell. He has the skills.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah. He's the prototype for a modern NBA big man. Offensive skill all over the floor, defensive presence around the rim and quick enough to hedge pick and rolls. As long as whoever the new GM ends up being for the Wolves doesn't really mess up the players they put around them, Rubio/Wiggins/Towns should be a playoff core in a couple years here.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Lakers still look like a really bad team. Watched half the GS/Houston game. GS is just fun to watch.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Steph with 53 on 27 shots. Dare I say he's been looking like he's taken it up another notch..

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Steph with 53 on 27 shots. Dare I say he's been looking like he's taken it up another notch..
At one point he had 48 points while only making nine two-pointers. Dude was on it last night. Great start to the season.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yup, don't think I've ever seen a defending champ get so little hype/credit as GSW. Curry is ridiculous - as an aside, reckon OKC will be alright if they get rid of KD and build around Rusty - kids been awesome this week.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yup, don't think I've ever seen a defending champ get so little hype/credit as GSW. Curry is ridiculous - as an aside, reckon OKC will be alright if they get rid of KD and build around Rusty - kids been awesome this week.
It looks like GSW is taking all the "they lucked out by missing the Clippers and Spurs" and "if any of the teams they played in playoffs were healthy..." narratives to heart. They want those people to shut the fuck up.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
So apparently the french guard on the Magic is nicknamed Evan "Do Not Google" Fournier. Google his last name to see why.