NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not same position but we are in a similar situation with Cox. He's going to get a fuck ton of $$
Problem is we're going to need to give new deals next year to Reed, Cousins (almost assuredly, as tag a 2nd year in a row the cap number would be insane), and Baker. Now we will have Jackson and Garcon coming off the books though, so that would help.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I am glad the Redskins got him and the 49ers didn't have a chance to pay that much. I hope he works out for the Skins, but that is a fuckload of money for a CB that has had exactly ONE great season.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
If he can play 90% of the games that 5 year period and he can match up well against guys like Dez he'll be worth it. I do have to laugh how Elurin takes a shot at me and bam his team overpays for Norman.
Considering I'm not the GM of the Redskins, I don't see how the two things are related?

And it wasn't a shot at you anyway (mostly), it was at Convo. Shit, you disappeared for like 3 years.

I think signing Norman was fucking retarded. I didn't come in here and post about how the Redskins are now favorites to win SB51.

Was thinking the same thing lol. He's already trying to justify this deal.
Dafuk? I hadn't even posted about it.

Ya'll are some dumb motherfuckers.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I had also wondered if the Skins had turned the corner. Oh well, time to watch this Browns experiment. It's also time to see Philly fuck themselves for a good 2-3 years. Ambi is right. Cowboys might really have this in the bag. Well, if their glass princess doesn't break if the wind blows too hard.

Scyfi

N00b
Norman had an outstanding year last year but his previous years are pretty meh. I don't know how you pay that much money for something that be a one hit wonder.

Merrith

Elurin, Convo just wants someone else on his "this move was a GREAT move, you'll see!" train.

For me, Norman will have to play top 5 in the league level for at least 4 of those years to justify this. Just worried what this contract will keep us from being able to do next offseason.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Elurin, Convo just wants someone else on his "this move was a GREAT move, you'll see!" train.

For me, Norman will have to play top 5 in the league level for at least 4 of those years to justify this. Just worried what this contract will keep us from being able to do next offseason.
I don't think Norman can live up to his contract in the NFC East, he could be very solid and finish off a nice career as a good player but still not live up to that contract.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I meant Merrith. Got you 2 nerdgins confused. I don't see names, just redskins Fans.

I never said the move was great. It's a huge gamble. I just explained why I understand the move. And if you actually look at the deal, they did a good job spreading the picks out. We basically lost a 1, 2 and 3. We tried to move down last year for Mariaota and offered way more. It's not my fault we play in a shitty division and win too many games to be in a good position to draft a top rated QB.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The draft move is clownshoes, they most likely don't turn out looking like geniuses on this thing. The Bradford contract is no big deal and has been conflated out of proportion, its a one or two year short term thing for a guy who can start but probably isn't worth building your team around long term.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I've listened to the draft predictions since the season ended and neither of these QBs were predicted to be top 10. I agree with whoever said it above, they were middle first round to 2nd rounders. The thing is the closer we get to the draft the more teams get desperate for a QB and the rosier the glasses become viewing the same guys because the media hypes the dogshit out of QBs. I swear to god if there was no media we could probably get an honest draft. Since my team has a QB, I'm always happy to see teams trade up. Remember when Jacksonville took Gabbert and Minnesota took Ponder and Miami took Tannehill? Only one of those surprises worked out.
You must have extremely poor reading comprehension because I took two minutes, typed in "NFL mock draft January 2016" to the Googles and all but one link on the first page that stemmed from January had Goff as the first QB off the board to Cleveland. The one that didn't have him had Lynch. Goff has been projected high since people started considering the draft at all.

Merrith

I meant Merrith. Got you 2 nerdgins confused. I don't see names, just redskins Fans.

I never said the move was great. It's a huge gamble. I just explained why I understand the move. And if you actually look at the deal, they did a good job spreading the picks out. We basically lost a 1, 2 and 3. We tried to move down last year for Mariaota and offered way more. It's not my fault we play in a shitty division and win too many games to be in a good position to draft a top rated QB.
Except I was never defending this move. From the start I was looking at the $50M guaranteed like it was the worst thing I ever ate in my life. I'm not going to sit here and say it's not a massive upgrade to our secondary this year, but realistically there's almost no way he exceeds this deal, he'll be lucky to come anywhere close to playing up to its value.