NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Those announcers are correct? If the receiving team then grabs the ball, no matter what happens they get the choice of possession where it was touched or how the play ended. It's why you see dudes circle the ball while it's rolling.

The other announcer, the refs, and the nfl clarification all disagree.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What exactly is being argued here? The ball is not dead when the kicking team touches it on a punt, it's not dead until they actually take possession of it.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Allen missed a wide open receiver on that 4th down. I was expecting them to get the TD and then miss the 2 pt.

Felt some pressure with the pocket collapsing a little. Happens a lot. They'd still have to get the 2 point conversion to tie even if they scored there, and if they missed they would have been done because they were dumb and didn't go for it when the scored the previous touchdown.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Eagles REALLY don't want to be the one-and-done NFC East team in the playoffs this year.

Truth. The stench of losing to the dolphins will wear off by next season, but letting the Cowboys go to the post season and get humiliated in another playoff game is the gift that keeps on giving for years.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Goddammit. Doesn't look like a catch to me, that looks like it hit the ground.

Agreed. I know he had a hand on it, but definitely looks like using the ground to help maintain the catch.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
I still can't understand why the fuck Shanahan was throwing on 4th and 1 when they were averaging over 6 yards a carry. I think Shanahan is a fantastic play caller, but holy shit does he get too cute sometimes.

Yeah Ravens, but they had no answer for Mostert running on the edge the whole day. I don't know why the 49'ers didn't just hand it to Mostert on a sweep every play.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On the NFL station on Sirius yesterday during the Todd Haley show they were talking about Rivers getting warned if he doesn't play better he will get benched.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't want the Chargers to win another game. My fear is they bench Rivers and Taylor comes in and gives competent QB play.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I don't want the Chargers to win another game. My fear is they bench Rivers and Taylor comes in and gives competent QB play.

As much as I know it's best to tank at this point, I still want to see them try for the playoffs until they are eliminated for maximum despair.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user