NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

What exactly is being argued here? The ball is not dead when the kicking team touches it on a punt, it's not dead until they actually take possession of it.

That does not seem right. I could chest bump a ball taking a bad bounce, then after it obeys Newton's third law for a few yards, a teammate picks it up, and that is the spot? Does not seem right.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Raiders entire defense pose for a photo after an INT, down 24-0.

It's all they've got left this season I guess. First Raider to catch a pass in the end zone in 3 games.

edit: lol nevermind, ruled PI after review

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Beating the raiders 24-0 and chargers losing to Broncos?

1575242848328.gif

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
59-0 since the end of the first quarter of the last Raiders / Chiefs game.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
With the division almost officially lost, Raiders last two games in Oakland are the next two weeks. Their season concludes with two on the road before relocating to Las Vegas.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That does not seem right. I could chest bump a ball taking a bad bounce, then after it obeys Newton's third law for a few yards, a teammate picks it up, and that is the spot? Does not seem right.

Because you're still not grasping it.

The spot is where the ball was first touched, but the receiving team can still recover it if the kicking team doesn't take possession. The receiving team then has the option of accepting the ball where it was first touched or whatever the result was with their player recovering the kick.

So basically the ball is live for the receiving team and dead for the kicking team if the kicking team touches it first.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users
Because you're still not grasping it.

The spot is where the ball was first touched, but the receiving team can still recover it if the kicking team doesn't take possession. The receiving team then has the option of accepting the ball where it was first touched or whatever the result was with their player recovering the kick.

So basically the ball is live for the receiving team and dead for the kicking team if the kicking team touches it first.

ah, so the chest bump is the spot, and if the kicking team secures the ball before it rolls into the EZ, that chest bump is the spot. But until then it is live for the kicking team. This clarifies the situation in the Browns' game, b/c someone touched it w/ their knee, but then also touched it after their arms had entered the endzone. That is a tricky call, b/c his body was down in the endzone, as opposed to flying in air, which from what I gather is a diff case.