NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Maybe (hopefully) he's got some plan that keeps Garrett on in another role. I only say hopefully because the only other reasonable alternative is that he's thinking of keeping him on as head coach.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe (hopefully) he's got some plan that keeps Garrett on in another role. I only say hopefully because the only other reasonable alternative is that he's thinking of keeping him on as head coach.
Wake me from this nightmare. But yeah, maybe they keep him on for a year in some advisor role.

Sure sounds like he thinks he is gone, may just be a respect thing from the Jones'.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I mean, how about gm? Or director of football operations? Lord knows we need new ones of those.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Bryan Broaddus (works for DallasCowboys .com, and is a former scout, fairly plugged in) is saying they are out of respect, letting Jason finish exit interviews and his coaching "duties" for the year. He also expects Stephen Jones to have the most say in the hiring process (which is great news if true, Will McClay/Stephen combo), and that a new coach will have total control over the coaching staff. So it looks like a completely clean slate, maybe other than Columbo at O-Line coach, would be in play.

I will remain, very cautiously optimistic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I don't know the answer myself, but I would think his contract runs through the end of the league year (March 18th, I believe), so he is technically under contract still until that point.

Obviously, he would be 'relieved of his duties' prior to them signing the new guy if they decide on someone immediately.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
29000 signatures and climbing. Would be a nice fun thing to do in the spirit of camaraderie in the NFL.

• 3Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I don't know the answer myself, but I would think his contract runs through the end of the league year (March 18th, I believe), so he is technically under contract still until that point.

Obviously, he would be 'relieved of his duties' prior to them signing the new guy if they decide on someone immediately.
Garrett contract expires Jan 14

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I wouldn't be surprised that the mutual part of that was Dorsey wanting to leave not the other way around.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Saleh is a great defensive organizer, but not mind. He came out of quality control roles on defense, utilizing a very rigid set of parameters based on his scheme.

He doesnt make many adjustments, if at all. He is very loyal to his starters, and preaches the short memory mentality that encourages guys to forget about a bad play and move on to the next play. He believes in sticking to a system, convinced his approach is superior and will end up winning in the end.

That is ok to a certain point.

But it can also be incredibly damaging to the team. Look at what happened against the Seahawks. Akhello Witherspoon was targeted 12 times, giving up 11 catches for 160+ yards and TWO touchdowns. Wilson didn't throw to Sherman's side of the field ONCE. They just fucking picked on spoon over and over again. What's worse, is he had been dogshit for the past FOUR games essentially. He has the lowest defensive grade on PFF over that span, and has given up a ridiculous 90% of all plays he is targeted. He cant turn his head around to read the QB and play the ball, he just shadows the fucking receiver and gets burned with impunity. He is an awful tackler as well.

Saleh kept him in the game all the way until the FINAL fucking Seahawks possesion, when it was almost too late. He put in Eman Moseley who immediately made an impact, recording 2 passes defensed and stopped the bleeding. If he plays spoon in the playoffs he should never coordinate another game never mind coach one.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

While everyone knows how stupid AB is, he continuously tries to outdo himself. He makes Kaep look like a genius. He makes my pet Cocker look like a genius.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Saleh is a great defensive organizer, but not mind. He came out of quality control roles on defense, utilizing a very rigid set of parameters based on his scheme.

He doesnt make many adjustments, if at all. He is very loyal to his starters, and preaches the short memory mentality that encourages guys to forget about a bad play and move on to the next play. He believes in sticking to a system, convinced his approach is superior and will end up winning in the end.

That is ok to a certain point.

But it can also be incredibly damaging to the team. Look at what happened against the Seahawks. Akhello Witherspoon was targeted 12 times, giving up 11 catches for 160+ yards and TWO touchdowns. Wilson didn't throw to Sherman's side of the field ONCE. They just fucking picked on spoon over and over again. What's worse, is he had been dogshit for the past FOUR games essentially. He has the lowest defensive grade on PFF over that span, and has given up a ridiculous 90% of all plays he is targeted. He cant turn his head around to read the QB and play the ball, he just shadows the fucking receiver and gets burned with impunity. He is an awful tackler as well.

Saleh kept him in the game all the way until the FINAL fucking Seahawks possesion, when it was almost too late. He put in Eman Moseley who immediately made an impact, recording 2 passes defensed and stopped the bleeding. If he plays spoon in the playoffs he should never coordinate another game never mind coach one.

This is pretty much Jason Garrett to a "t". "If you execute, no one can stop you". It's a fine philosophy to be 8-8, 9-7, or better than average every year, but this is not what you want in a head coach.

And yeah, Antonio Brown might be the most clueless, narcissistic athlete I've ever seen. I mean, he legitimately seems to not get it. As where guys in the past like TO, Rodman, kind of knew what they were doing. Brown legit seems like he has a problem coherently processing what's happening around him.

• 2Solidarity

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

While everyone knows how stupid AB is, he continuously tries to outdo himself. He makes Kaep look like a genius. He makes my pet Cocker look like a genius.

He's so right. Every time I read about a team doing a publicity stunt, my first thought is, Saints are at it again. Only thing the Saints do is milk Katrina by rolling out Gleason once a season. AB is a retard of the highest order

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Hosix

All labs matter!
It's not a crazy take. Titans have been playing much better than the Pats have down the stretch. They run the ball really well which is actually something New England has struggled with

No one wants to tackle Derrick Henry. At 6’03” and 250lbs, that dude is a load when he gets going.

• 1Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Redskins officially hire Ron Rivera; Jack Del Rio for DC

Lot of people in this thread taking the Titans over the Patriots. I'm gonna assume it's all just wishful thinking from Pats haters!

The Bill's are the only playoff team NE has beaten this year. NE really needed that bye week. The defense has gotten worn down because the offense cant sustain drives. Defense is still good but the offense should have righted the ship by now.

NE has regressed this year, going 8-0, then 4-4 the second half of the season. Losing to a Miami team with 46% of the roster being undrafted free agents should be a serious wake up call.

• 2Like