NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Hosix

All labs matter!
I enjoyed every minute of that news conference until I learned where he went.

I think the Rivera/Del Rio combo is great package for the Skins. I have a lot of respect for both of them.

Del Rio will be even more interesting if they draft chase young. He has a history of developing defensive ends.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
The Bill's are the only playoff team NE has beaten this year. NE really needed that bye week. The defense has gotten worn down because the offense cant sustain drives. Defense is still good but the offense should have righted the ship by now.

NE has regressed this year, going 8-0, then 4-4 the second half of the season. Losing to a Miami team with 46% of the roster being undrafted free agents should be a serious wake up call.

I mean, Miami went 5-4 after starting 0-7. Patriots also beat the Eagles, putting them at 2-2 against playoff teams. 3-2 if you want to consider both wins against Buffalo... Titans went 2-3, loss to Buffalo and 1-1 with Texans and they didn't play the 14-2 Ravens, altho they did play the Saints so I guess that's effectively the same.

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean, Miami went 5-4 after starting 0-7. Patriots also beat the Eagles, putting them at 2-2 against playoff teams. 3-2 if you want to consider both wins against Buffalo... Titans went 2-3, loss to Buffalo and 1-1 with Texans and they didn't play the 14-2 Ravens.
None of that makes picking the Titans a hot take.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I mean, Miami went 5-4 after starting 0-7. Patriots also beat the Eagles, putting them at 2-2 against playoff teams. 3-2 if you want to consider both wins against Buffalo... Titans went 2-3, loss to Buffalo and 1-1 with Texans and they didn't play the 14-2 Ravens, altho they did play the Saints so I guess that's effectively the same.

Then they're 3-3. Eagles and Bills x 2, with losses to KC, Houston, and Baltimore.

Yes, Miami did go 5-4, and they came to play in a game that mattered a ton more to NE than it did to Miami. In that 5-4 stretch, Miami got BTFO by the Bills 37-20, Browns 41-24, and the Giants 36-20. Even with Flores being familiar with NE, there is no excusing this loss with the talent disparity.

NE's 4-4 in the second half is the most troubling part. Perennially they start slow and people start saying "Is this the end of the dynasty?" This time they started strong and are finishing weak. The offense should have pulled it together by now and they haven't.

Lastly, if you haven't, go watch Titans highlights with Tannehill. It doesn't show in the stat lines; he is throwing darts into tight coverages, vastly improved his pocket presence, and is making/extending plays with his feet. Combine that with Henry and AJ Brown and an upset is not out of the question.

I would not be surprised if NE wins, but this is the weakest offense NE has had this decade. If they could have fixed it, they wouldn't have waited until week 17 or Wild Card Weekend to do it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Patriots haven't won a wild card game since 2006.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Running the ball to beat the Patriots. Hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha. Running the ball as a serious team in the NFL. Hahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha.

Hahahahaha.

runnjng the ball babahahahahahahah.

Retards.

• 4Cutler
  • 4Picard
  • 1Fumble
Reactions: 8 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah it's not like both 1 seeds are the top 2 rushing teams in the league. Also not like 8 of the teams in the playoffs are in the top 11 of rushing across the league.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Running the ball to beat the Patriots. Hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha. Running the ball as a serious team in the NFL. Hahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha.

Hahahahaha.

runnjng the ball babahahahahahahah.

Retards.

Gf1hMwO.png

Yeah, who runs the ball these days? Probably wouldn't have success against the Patriots doing that.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Not sure why suddenly saying that running the ball is a good way to beat the patriots turned into some shit about the last team to lead the league in rushing while winning the title. The winning team rarely leads the league in any particular thing since it's more than just 1 thing. Last team to lead the league in passing yards to win the superbowl was the saints after the 2009 season.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not sure why suddenly saying that running the ball is a good way to beat the patriots turned into some shit about the last team to lead the league in rushing while winning the title.

This, Uber just isn't smart enough to realize I team might have a chance to beat the Patriots if they can run successfully against them, but still lose later on.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I honestly can't tell if this is a trolling act or if Uber really is this fucking stupid.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Then they're 3-3. Eagles and Bills x 2, with losses to KC, Houston, and Baltimore.

Yes, Miami did go 5-4, and they came to play in a game that mattered a ton more to NE than it did to Miami. In that 5-4 stretch, Miami got BTFO by the Bills 37-20, Browns 41-24, and the Giants 36-20. Even with Flores being familiar with NE, there is no excusing this loss with the talent disparity.

NE's 4-4 in the second half is the most troubling part. Perennially they start slow and people start saying "Is this the end of the dynasty?" This time they started strong and are finishing weak. The offense should have pulled it together by now and they haven't.

Lastly, if you haven't, go watch Titans highlights with Tannehill. It doesn't show in the stat lines; he is throwing darts into tight coverages, vastly improved his pocket presence, and is making/extending plays with his feet. Combine that with Henry and AJ Brown and an upset is not out of the question.

I would not be surprised if NE wins, but this is the weakest offense NE has had this decade. If they could have fixed it, they wouldn't have waited until week 17 or Wild Card Weekend to do it.

You keep saying 'talent disparity' and mentioning undrafted free agents... Those are completely separate things. There are a lot of players in the league who have been playing for years and have been mediocre at best for their entire career. Look at how many top draft picks turn out to be shit players.

Patriots went 4-3 in their last 7 games last year, 3-4 in 2015 to keep it with 7 games, or 2-4 if you want to make the stat seem worse. The Patriots have only swept the Dolphins once in the last 7 seasons, too.

I'm not saying it's crazy to pick the Titans unless someone tries to pick them to go all the way to Superbowl champs, I just mentioned that i'm sure a few of those Titans picks were based on feels more than reals.