NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
reports are just out that GOSTKOWSKI has been placed on IR for the patriots, they need a new kicker now.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Wonder what the injury is, as he hasn't been on any injury report this year.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
A kicker with a bad hip... season ending may be the least of his worries.

Yeah best of luck to him but I'd be surprised if he's still NFL caliber after hip surgery. He may not be a grandpa like Vinatieri but at 35 he's still no spring chicken.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Fucking legend. The Gardner memes this year are keeping me interested with my shitty Steelers failing at life.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
It's incredibly sad how much competition there is for the worst team in football. Honestly, the talk of investigating Miami is ludicrous when I see teams hire guys like Zac Taylor and start Andy Dalton for 8 years. I watched both terrible teams and the Bengals looked worse. Skins looked like they stole Miami's playbook and improved it. I expected Miami to be historically bad. I didn't expect there to be 4 other teams gunning for their 'title'.

I am incredibly conflicted by tanking. On one hand I refuse to believe that there are professional coaches that exist like Hue Jackson that are really trying and are still as bad as they are, so they must be tanking. On the other hand, your opportunity and ego for the coveted positions such as NFL player or NFL head coach are so small and limited that you couldn't stomach intentionally tanking.

Then I watch the above video and scratch my head while I think to myself, "How in the hell can I see the problems and how to fix things as a fan, but head coaches can't?"

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider

I am incredibly conflicted by tanking. On one hand I refuse to believe that there are professional coaches that exist like Hue Jackson that are really trying and are still as bad as they are, so they must be tanking. On the other hand, your opportunity and ego for the coveted positions such as NFL player or NFL head coach are so small and limited that you couldn't stomach intentionally tanking.

Then I watch the above video and scratch my head while I think to myself, "How in the hell can I see the problems and how to fix things as a fan, but head coaches can't?"

Let Pat explain

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

After watching decades of bad coaches, I have no problem thinking a good portion of them just cant hack it. It's pretty simple why the Dolphins are so bad this year. They got rid of a lot of the average talent they had. What really hurt was trading their really good LT and best WR one week before the first game. I'm shocked they've been as close as they have in most first halves with the patchwork OL they've put together. I think they've had a different starting 5 every week this year. It's unreal.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
After watching decades of bad coaches, I have no problem thinking a good portion of them just cant hack it. It's pretty simple why the Dolphins are so bad this year. They got rid of a lot of the average talent they had. What really hurt was trading their really good LT and best WR one week before the first game. I'm shocked they've been as close as they have in most first halves with the patchwork OL they've put together. I think they've had a different starting 5 every week this year. It's unreal.

Yeah that was the only thing I could think of also. We're not dealing with rocket scientists here; just jocks/athletic types who hang around long enough and that's what the pool of talent is.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I wish I could believe that for the Bengals. There's no doubt in my mind that Taylor knows Dalton isn't his QB. We can dump him for practically nothing next season. But would a rookie coach actually do that? I don't know. All of our top tier talent is aging. Although Dunlap seems to defy age year after year. After guys like AJ, Dunlap, Atkins? We're left with some third stringers that just can't compete. We have guys like Hubbard and Jackson who look like they could be legit, but it's just been some sad young draftees other than them. Fucking John Ross. What a bust.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
But Alex, there is always the unknown. It's easy to project a morbid future for such a poor organization, but there are always surprises and late draft stars that emerge and lift the fortunes of your team.

Another over looked factor is specific skillsets that guys bring to the table. Sometimes one player who does one or a couple things extremely well can contribute to huge success. (Think Matt Slater on Patriots special teams, great punters, top level pass rushers who just get to the QB, etc)

Just a couple new guys could breathe life into a team. 49ers kind of have that special weapon skillset with their fullback. Juzcheck is a monster, great blocker and can function as a WR.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Do we even have any Vikings fans on the forum? Seems like the team is completely imploding. Stefon Diggs no-showed practice yesterday and then mumbled some bullshit about 'a cold sneaking up on him' to the press today.

Seems like that Cousins contract is literally a black hole.

• 2Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Utnayan Utnayan is the only one I am recalling but could be more.

Should be an interesting game tonight. Gonna be a tough one for the rams to secure a W

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's hard to feature your RB when your offensive line sucks or your "feature" back is not headliner material.

Some teams can do it but not all. The Patriots are the most effective offense in the league and pounding the ball with the run isnt what they do, unless they are trying to salt away a game, and even then Belichick will throw.

OJ stuck in the past.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Do we even have any Vikings fans on the forum? Seems like the team is completely imploding. Stefon Diggs no-showed practice yesterday and then mumbled some bullshit about 'a cold sneaking up on him' to the press today.

Seems like that Cousins contract is literally a black hole.

Yeah Spielman needs to go. I am a firm believer in raw talent, and Kyle Sloter has it. I still believe he was waived because Spielman wanted to cover his ass when Cousins bombed this year and didn't want a QB Controversy. Sloter just needs a shot, and he would have got it had he been around still (Got signed away to practice squad on for the cardinals). Cousins has always been a con job. Excuses made for him since Michigan. Padded garbage yard stats for over half his games,, the list goes on and on here. I think people are FINALLY realizing it's actually Cousin's. Not (Insert excuse here).

It's obvious Diggs is pissed. Thielen is VERY pissed but won't say anything (He's a Maverick - Went to Mankato State - love the guy) and I would bet right now the locker room is falling apart.

If they do not do something in New York and Cousin's after that doesn't get consistent, I wouldn't be shocked if we go 6-10 this year.

PS: SKOL buddy :)