Nintendo Entertainment System

xrg

Golden Squire
The place I used to rent at imported several Famicom games but I never played the actual console. Only one I remember renting was Super Mario Bros 3. I rented it a few times actually since it was quite a bit ahead of it's US release. Famicom games were about half the size of an NES cart, so it was all ghetto with this Game Genie looking converter thing duct-taped to it to fit in the NES.

I remember it havingthison the cover and being really disappointed with the boring cover the US version came with. I never have understood why the US always got shittier art. :/

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Another game I loved but really used to piss me off was Solomon's Key. So many damn levels.

And even though it was about as simple as a game could be I used to play Gyromite for hours. I even had the stupid, useless robot, though I played with that by itself more than with the actual game.

Sugarhigh_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_4436.jpg
rrr_img_4435.jpg

I played the bejeezus out of these games

rrr_img_4436.jpg

rrr_img_4435.jpg

Roxon

Molten Core Raider

Add this to the list of games in this thread that I could beat when I was 5 years old and now get proper ass rammed by anytime I get that nostalgia kick.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
I'll stick to the less obvious ones.

Crystalis - Simply amazing game. DL an NES emulator just to play it.
rrr_img_3711.jpg

Faxanadu
rrr_img_3712.gif
Loved Crystalis. I liked Faxanadu, but man, that game was freaking hard.... The only sad thing when it comes to the NES for me, was how many games I played, but never beat
frown.png
These two games here being two of them...

rrr_img_3711.jpg

rrr_img_3712.gif

frown.png

tarquinn_sl

shitlord
Feeling a bit lazy so not trying to search it out but:

Does anyone know of an NES version of something like Project64k? (play emulated games multiplayer via internet). I've played a lot of like Mario64 through that client and other things but I've never seen or known a straight up NES client. If so, there are a lot of games I'd love to hook up with people and play (Romance of the 3 Kingdoms), etc.

Crell_sl

shitlord
Hooked up the NES just now and started playing 3D World Runner. Crappy Space Harrier knock off, but still fun.

xrg

Golden Squire
A Boy and his Blob was such a cool idea for a game, but poorly executed with all the inconsistencies/bugs. I never did play that remake they did, but the trailers for it had an appealing style and good animation.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'm looking for a game.... And I played this a ton as a kid on the NES and called the 1-900 hint lines all the time lol.

I can't remember ANYTHING about this game, other than there were floors like.. 1-A, 2-C, and those signs were occasionally on the wall etc... and that it was kinda a traditional oriental setting.. I also remember beige walls. It was not a popular game.

Any idea what this could have been? It wasn't stryder (I know that was probably the first thing that came to your mind) or deadly towers or anything....

Oh, and whomever decides to make a PS3/X360 remake of The Guardian Legend will be wealthy. Just saying.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Looking back, I didn't play most NES games. I got a NES basically as soon as it released here in europe, saw the ad and wanted one, first system and was 5years old. However back then I could only get new games at the end of the year if I had good grades. I think the only games I ever owned were Mario and Duck Hunt(both of which came with the system), Zelda 1 which is one of the first games I bought, Zelda 2 later on, Megaman 1 which is the other early game I got, Megaman 2, TMNT, Double Dragon and Life Force because I played it at my cousin's house and really loved it. Many years later I also bought RC Pro AM and Cobra Triangle(which I don't think anyone mentionned, it was a shoot em up WITH A BOAT) cause I also liked these at my cousin's but that was after the SNES iirc, just nostalgia and the games were dirt cheap(used games, before the NES was really all legendary level stuff so you could grab them for nothing). I believe those are the only games I ever owned on NES. Became a "real" gamer only later once my parents got divorced the whole good grades > games disapeared, being a divorce kid had its perks ^^.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Did anyone play Life force? It had the same cheat code as Contra.
Lifeforce was awesome, and totally not to derail from this being NES.,. but the music on Lifeforce for the MSX was so so so much better.. And was from technology at the same time. Even today, it's pretty good. Most people probably never heard of the MSX, much less the music so..

Crell_sl

shitlord
Lifeforce was awesome, and totally not to derail from this being NES.,. but the music on Lifeforce for the MSX was so so so much better.. And was from technology at the same time. Even today, it's pretty good. Most people probably never heard of the MSX, much less the music so..

Golvellius on the MSX was awesome.

I was really young when I played Kage and got so pissed off that my princess was always in another castle that I dug a hole and buried the game in our neighbor's garden.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I loved Faxanadu, but even as I kid I thought it was a bit grindy. If I had to pick a BEST of the era, it would beRiver City Ransom.

I was just always impressed with how much stuff they managed to pack into that beat 'em up. From a gameplay standpoint a better(or even equivalent) beat 'em up wouldn't come along for YEARS. (That arcade D&D game)

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Feeling a bit lazy so not trying to search it out but:

Does anyone know of an NES version of something like Project64k? (play emulated games multiplayer via internet). I've played a lot of like Mario64 through that client and other things but I've never seen or known a straight up NES client. If so, there are a lot of games I'd love to hook up with people and play (Romance of the 3 Kingdoms), etc.
Nestopia.http://nestopia.sourceforge.net/

It's pretty much the best all-around NES emu and has netplay.

xrg

Golden Squire
How well can you do on theNES Music Quiz?

These are the ones I struggled with and needed to use hints (mostly games I didn't play as a kid):
Excitebike
Galaga
Ice Hockey
Ice Climber
Balloon Fight
Kung Fu