Packages and the delivery of them/stolen etc

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fedor

<Banned>

plRjjSq.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Repost
Reactions: 2 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, make calls on 16 million packages delivered in a day outside of the holiday season. that's a productive option.

It's actually pretty trivial in this day and age to have an email sent automatically the moment the UPS tracking system marks a package as delivered.

I receive hardware from UPS at work, and I often show up at the lobby to pick it up before the missus there even finished informing everyone who received a package because the UPS email system is so much faster.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
It's actually pretty trivial in this day and age to have an email sent automatically the moment the UPS tracking system marks a package as delivered.

I receive hardware from UPS at work, and I often show up at the lobby to pick it up before the missus there even finished informing everyone who received a package because the UPS email system is so much faster.

That was kinda my point. Expecting a phone call from a person is a bit stupid. I think he was referring to YEARS ago when the individual package centers were manned for phone calls before amazon blew up the shipping market and before people ordered EVERYTHING online. They can do text/email alerts etc no big deal on an automated level because it's tied into the tracking system.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I've had USPS pull into my driveway lately to drop off tiny boxes (from security cam).

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Just claim they stole it from the porch, the cops come a-knocking and find the opened packages with lurkindirks name on them in their house.

Good thing here anything I didn't sign for did not get delivered to me, so if porch deliveries get stolen, I just don't pay for them. Or even better, the delivery driver doesn't follow protocol (ie does an unsigned porch delivery), I just get it for free.

They would need a warrant for it and they're not likely to get one without some sort of video evidence backing it up and even then they probably wouldn't bother.

• 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I've been getting those for the last two months on every delivery. I'm wondering what the liability on that ends up being when it says "handed off directly" and you claim you never got it.

In fact, just this week I panicked a bit. Was getting a new Roku stick and it said handed off. There was nothing outside. Turns out they somehow fit it in the mailbox.

I was waiting on parts via UPS next day air I needed for a job and paid and arm and a leg to have expedited. When they never showed up tracking said attempted delivery, which was bullshit. I called UPS, the driver claimed they tried to deliver but our business was closed for the day (1:30pm). I went to UPS 7AM next morning to get the parcel, a dozen people were screaming bloody murder their shit didnt get delivered and excuse was same as mine. That driver apparently fucked off the whole day and thought nobody would notice. She got fired.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
We have UPS drivers that leave shit outside of our facility in fucking CAMDEN of all places. I'm like bitch, don't even try to tell me you work for UPS and know nothing about camden.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Cybsled

I haven't used it, but a Whole Foods nearby has Amazon lockers. If you order shit online and request they send it to the locker, you can just pick up the package there if you're worried about getting deliveries at home.

I have good flexibility for work at home, so usually I'll just WAH if I know I've got something arriving that wont fit in the USPS lockers at my apartment or if UPS/FedEx are delivering it, since they can't use those lockers and just dump it outside your door.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I ordered a mouse pad from amazon a few weeks ago, they delivered it to my door instead of to the amazon locker, the box was opened when I got home but the mouse pad was left in it, fuckers thought it would be something expensive.

• 2Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I haven't used it, but a Whole Foods nearby has Amazon lockers. If you order shit online and request they send it to the locker, you can just pick up the package there if you're worried about getting deliveries at home.

I have good flexibility for work at home, so usually I'll just WAH if I know I've got something arriving that wont fit in the USPS lockers at my apartment or if UPS/FedEx are delivering it, since they can't use those lockers and just dump it outside your door.

Feel like I'd rather be robbed than set foot into a Whole Foods.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

lurker

Vyemm Raider
Booby traps are a big enough deal around here that there was a story on the local radio station yesterday where the Chief of Police said please don't do it because you might be liable if someone gets hurt.

• 2Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
You can easily have a phone call by a bot these days.

Last I knew that was also an option on MyChoice, though it may have been removed. Also you'd be surprised at how many people ignore their phonecalls when requested. When I worked there, I had to call 2-3 times in a row because they ignored the first try/tries intentionally thinking it was spam. eventually they'd answer and my suspicions were correct.

And as far as stolen, open, damaged packages etc. It definitely sucks, but UPS pays a surprising amount of claims when it happens. Especially ones that say delivered and the package is MIA. UPS at least will give you that "driver's discretion" bullshit, but because of that discretion, if the package goes missing, it was the discretion that caused it to go missing so they're liable for it (to the sender, which sucks as someone who purchases it, but amazon will usually send another right out, and so will other companies once they understand this).

UPS drivers (ones for me anyway) normally see electronics and want to get a signature and hand it to a person, even if the sender doesn't ask for the signature because of the higher theft rate if the box gives any hints it might be. And I had my $700 monitor a few years ago delivered without a signature and the box clearly said it was a monitor. But because of Amazon's policy to just replace it right away, I could have dual monitored my new Predator if I was a scumbag and said it didn't show up.

Same thing with damages. Packages under $100 in value get automatically approved for a damage claim payment without inspection unless there's a bad pattern of it and then that sender/recipient is flagged so they always have to be checked.

So if shit does happen, while I can't speak for FedEx/USPS, UPS can typically work it out, though you might get stuck talking to an idiot from the outsourced phone centers which always suck and I hate corporations for using them. Or you get the vendor site in Tampa. But, if you are lucky though, you get the corporate site in SLC, which has annoyingly high quality standards. So if someone from that center gives you shit, they'll get audited and given shit right back and won't last long there. But those stupid rules tend to also keep them from being too nice too without them getting in trouble later also, but there are good people there regardless.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard

Goonsquad Officer
Man this thread adds yet another reason I'm ecstatic not to be living In a big city.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

Feel like I'd rather be robbed than set foot into a Whole Foods.

Since Amazon bought them out, they've had more sales. You get special prime member sales and also 10% extra off regular sales.

Plus their veggies are better than the shit you get at Stop&Shop lol

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Man this thread adds yet another reason I'm ecstatic not to be living In a big city.
This. Its like reading reports from a third world country, or those rat overcrowding experiments. People walk right onto your porch and take shit? LOL

• 2Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Since Amazon bought them out, they've had more sales. You get special prime member sales and also 10% extra off regular sales.

Plus their veggies are better than the shit you get at Stop&Shop lol
Feels like I'd rather get scurvy than set foot into a Whole Foods.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Cybsled

Edgy!

TBH I mostly get harder to find yogurts or Kefirs there and their frozen roasted marinated veggie pizza is awesome. Or fresh veggies.

90% of my grocery shopping is otherwise done at Trader Joe’s. If you hate Trader Joe’s too, you’re a communist.

• 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Edgy!

TBH I mostly get harder to find yogurts or Kefirs there and their frozen roasted marinated veggie pizza is awesome. Or fresh veggies.

90% of my grocery shopping is otherwise done at Trader Joe’s. If you hate Trader Joe’s too, you’re a communist.
the TJ by me, all the food is fucking stale. no idea why, maybe its the lack of glutin, but there is no point shopping there if my food is shit before i even get it out of the store.

• 1Like