Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Thats like replacing one broken, old, ratty couch with another you got off craigslist for $25 though...
Yeah but the original EQ was good. The big question for me is whether Pantheon can be good enough to replace it. Currently I am more interested in playing the Vanguard emulator later this year, and bits of EQ on various servers and emus. Pantheon could replace all that if it is good enough, but I don't know if it will be. It looks promising though. The thing I am waiting to see is not even made yet.

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
Even if they get it "right" by our standards here, it won't kill live EQ, it will hurt the TLP servers more than the live servers. The people who stubbornly continue to play current live EQ are used to playing a vastly different game (and clearly like it enough to keep playing it through shit expansion after shit expansion) than what Pantheon is aiming to be. They may try it and even like it, but the majority of live players will end up right back where there are now.
Took the words out of my mouth. At this point, EQ is a very different animal. If Pantheon is like current EQ, I will not be playing it. I want something much closer to the original experience, and that is something that cannot even be found on their TLP servers.

If anything, project1999 should be the EQ most affected by Pantheon.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Wtf is EQ

EQ is the chick you lost your virginity to your freshman year of high school. Whenever you day dream about that time you always picture the young nubile woman who you experienced your first time with. People think they wanna go back but they forget that she is now a mid thirty's ham planet fat chick with 3 kids, 2 baby daddies, living in a trailer park, missing a few teeth, you know the bitch has seen some shit, they would love to turn back time and relive the past because they just cant move on.

EQ when you first met her.
..._Baby_One_More_Time_%28album%29.png

EQ today.
honey-boo-boos-mom-lost-100-pounds-without-going-to-the-gym.jpg

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah this is definitely something that the people posting in the Pantheon thread can relate to this.

Point well taken. EQ was your first can of Mountain Dew, That first sweet ninja sword you bought from the mall, that first Doritos Locos taco. I don't know any good analogies

tumblr_orakbnqFDr1racghuo1_400.gif

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I was married with kid in 2000. 26 yr old.

When your kid is 26 in a loveless marriage working his dead end job hoping for an escape from his mundane joyless life Brad McQuaid will finally deliver on Pantheon. Your son will come home see an ad on the commercial break of some trash reality show like 2 fags in a van pick through your garbage to resale. He goes to flip the channel but it's out of reach so a victim of his fate starts watching this poorly acted farce. What's this he thinks getting excited, 2:37 seconds later he is heading to Best Buy "It's time to slay the dragon mother fucker" screaming in his inner monologue. Another life lost, to the void.

In the distance you can hear Captain Vicodin making one last dirt bike ride into the sunset, fist raised to the sky in victory, one more soul collected, one step closer to Valhalla.

• 10Worf
  • 5Like
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 17 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When your kid is 26 in a loveless marriage working his dead end job hoping for an escape from his mundane joyless life Brad McQuaid will finally deliver on Pantheon. Your son will come home see an ad on the commercial break of some trash reality show like 2 fags in a van pick through your garbage to resale. He goes to flip the channel but it's out of reach so a victim of his fate starts watching this poorly acted farce. What's this he thinks getting excited, 2:37 seconds later he is heading to Best Buy "It's time to slay the dragon mother fucker" screaming in his inner monologue. Another life lost, to the void.

In the distance you can hear Captain Vicodin making one last dirt bike ride into the sunset, fist raised to the sky in victory, one more soul collected, one step closer to Valhalla.

Im cool with this as long as I can stare at Giant and Dragon feet all day.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
LOL Sorry but...At the part where the movie voice guy says, "In a world of adventure..... and magic" and some green thing starts an animation of casting a spell I coughed up my coffee laughing hysterically at how absurd it was to have a good voice over ruined by such a low brow on screen animation/casting. Also lol freeport guard copy paste at 1:17.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Well, better than most out there.

Too bad it was coupled with horrible animations :)

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That combat looked so fucking bad. They should have just showed the enviornment and told the voice over guy to stick to driving an Uber.

• 1Worf

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So are those models at least original art and not Unity store assets?

• 1Worf

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Real talk those animations are worse than classic EQ. Also no idea what the hell is supposed to be their selling point here.

• 1Worf