Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Reht

Molten Core Raider
There always has to be one. Grim are you going to take the mantle of Convo or Qwertqwert now. That's a hard road pal and a few have gone insane I wish you luck. If you win we will dub you Sir. Grim1
At least two, I agree with him...don't think anyone is going to take the mantle of Qwerty, his level of retardation was incredible, going to be hard to find someone that fucked.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Really though, the video is 50% less cringe if you mute it and throw on any random music instead. It's actually ok then. The animations are whatever, nobody ever played EQ for the animations.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Really though, the video is 50% less cringe if you mute it and throw on any random music instead. It's actually ok then. The animations are whatever, nobody ever played EQ for the animations.
The animations are not "whatever". EQ was made 20 years ago. This game should be held to a higher standard.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
The animations are not "whatever". EQ was made 20 years ago. This game should be held to a higher standard.
I agree, but i also believe this will continue to be a work in progess; i don't think the current animations are the final ones.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
If the "game" is good, people wont care about graphics or shitty animations. They will play it because the game itself is good. But first it has to be good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
If the game releases looking remotely like that it's flopping even if the game play is stellar as it won't attract a single person who isn't an EQ player or old MMO vet.

With the literal tens of thousands of talented artists making shit that looks infinitely better in their spare time you gotta wonder what the hell they have been doing since 2014 other than trying to nab a paycheck for the next few years via hype and promises.

• 1Like

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Haven't they been just using placeholder stuff until this point? It's probably still placeholder stuff.

• 2Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I wonder how many dipshit excuses you guys are willing to make for other companies. Hell if a kickstarter put out this level of amateur bullshit you guys would have a field day.... but but but it's our Jesus Brad, and he said it's gonna rock. So I am gonna gobble the cock I'll put Sasha Grey to shame. So sad.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
If the "game" is good, people wont care about graphics or shitty animations. They will play it because the game itself is good. But first it has to be good.

I disagree if it's a game focused on combat. Path of Exile is a fantastic game but when it came out the animations just felt like shit and made combat feel extremely clunky because of it.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There always has to be one. Grim are you going to take the mantle of Convo or Qwertqwert now. That's a hard road pal and a few have gone insane I wish you luck. If you win we will dub you Sir. Grim1

Hyperbole much? How does me not pre judging a game equate to being a shill?

Actually though, I dont think of Convo or Qwert as being shills, even though you and many others here do. They just happen to have opinions that went against the lemming tide. Many on this board call you a shill if you don't bend down and take a dump on Brad every time you post.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
1999-2007, I would have been jizzing my pants over that video. 2017...I had to laugh. The voice, backgrounds, and music are good especially considering the source and funding. The animations are as bad as Keg mentions and it's incredibly jarring. I don't even know why they made the video. The die-hards are already buying. Young gamers will be put off by the terrible animations. The undecided have to wonder how much game is really there because that mini-boss, whatever looked like shit. Show me something at least awe inspiring. The Green Goblin's ugly cousin doesn't do anything for me.

They said many times they are working on the gameplay and adding more content and cosmetic stuff will come later on. It is not even in beta yet.

it won't attract a single person who isn't an EQ player or old MMO vet.
They are the only people this game is made for anyway. The mainstream pleb gamer already has a hundred MMOs to play with slick graphics and animations. This game is not for those people... You see them on the youtube videos, "ZOMG why r mobs so much hp?!" They will tidy up animations nearer release but this game is never going to be for the mainstream gamer. It needs to attract the EQ vets and if it does that, it will survive from them as its audience, and some new people will try it based on their word of mouth.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
If the game is good, people will play. If not, people won't. I think the next wave of MMO will probably be a smaller niche game, where companies aren't spending 100's of millions of dollars. I doubt we'll see another WoW level of success again.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I doubt we'll see another WoW level of success again.

Maybe we could if it's tied into some new technology development, the way EQ and less so WoW were riding on the internet's shiny newness. I don't think VR will do it, but maybe.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Hyperbole much? How does me not pre judging a game equate to being a shill?

Actually though, I dont think of Convo or Qwert as being shills, even though you and many others here do. They just happen to have opinions that went against the lemming tide. Many on this board call you a shill if you don't bend down and take a dump on Brad every time you post.

Relax Susan, take your Midol and we can talk when your cramps go away. No reason to get all pissy over something that never has and never will exist. You need to learn how to play Pantheon the forum game otherwise you are just gonna get trained to the zone line and your corpse will be camped. Choo Choo mother fucker.

• 2Worf
Randomly friending people on Facebook is creepy. Inviting someone at random to a group is being a pal.

I have 6 facebook friends. It's very well-balanced group, no fat, all machine, we chew through content like you would not believe. You don't deliver at least one good link a day, we boot you and get a replacement.

• 1Solidarity

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
People seem to have forgotten that EQ had very respectable graphics in 1999 compared to what was available. Pantheon looks like a joke, even if it had launched in 2010. One has to be delusional to think this won't flop.

Rehashing old and worn mechanics, presenting them in a laughable way, and hoping to sell based on the premise "its a niche game".

Its like selling ice cream that tastes like turd and calling it a niche product. Its not niche, its a shitty offer.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users
You can't compare that though because gaming is so different to 1999. Back then an indie dev could be cutting edge, now they can't because gaming is dominated by huge corporations now. There are no indie games that look like GTA5 etc. Pantheon looks great for an indie game. The only issue with graphics are the animations and they will improve that. But this is never going to be a game for graphics whores, you can go play Black Desert for that, and a hundred others. This is a game for people who want certain gameplay. EQ is still alive thanks to those types of players, and it looks ancient compared to Pantheon. Also, most of the high level people in EQ are not EQ vets. I don't know how they ended up at the endgame in EQ, but they have never seen EQ Classic content or even early expansions.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You can't compare that though because gaming is so different to 1999. Back then an indie dev could be cutting edge, now they can't because gaming is dominated by huge corporations now. There are no indie games that look like GTA5 etc. Pantheon looks great for an indie game. The only issue with graphics are the animations and they will improve that. But this is never going to be a game for graphics whores, you can go play Black Desert for that, and a hundred others. This is a game for people who want certain gameplay. EQ is still alive thanks to those types of players, and it looks ancient compared to Pantheon. Also, most of the high level people in EQ are not EQ vets. I don't know how they ended up at the endgame in EQ, but they have never seen EQ Classic content or even early expansions.

Please tell us more 4 post shill.

• 2Worf