Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i don't think they use the catchphrase anymore. googling for ["become one of the fallen" pantheon] has three results.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Every company in the world charges $1000 dollars for "pre-alpha" access?

Oh boy let's not forget it's for people who also want to see the game get made and contribute financially

The fact they are willing to drop a grand shows how desperate some people really are for a classic style MMO again

• 1Barf

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I agree with the "desperate" part but I would toss in pathetic and stupid on top of it.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 2Salty
Reactions: 6 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I've learned not to judge too much when it comes to spending money. If dropping a grand makes them feel good or helpful, then more power to them. Kind of like spending 2 bucks on the 800 million powerball lotto crap. If it lets you daydream for a day, who cares? :p (I, for one, lose to 50 / 50 odds 99% of the time)

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
[
I would apply all those same descriptors to someone who blew a grand on the lottery as well.

Yep huge difference in dropping $2 and $1000. Lots of addicts feel good when they take a hit but it isn't helping anyone but their dealer. Hmmm, why did I choose that analogy?

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I dunno. I just think this game is gonna fall big time, even bigger than VG did. Maybe not with all the firings in the parking lot, all the fucking around that went on around the office, all the mismanagement that went into an early aught game.

No, it will fall because it's now 2018. And it's coming out with early aught graphics. It will fall because it's coming out with late nineties game play, which is popular in Asia, isn't popular here.

Sorry Brad. The world has moved on.

Like it. Or not.

*shrug*

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I dunno. I just think this game is gonna fall big time, even bigger than VG did. Maybe not with all the firings in the parking lot, all the fucking around that went on around the office, all the mismanagement that went into an early aught game.

No, it will fall because it's now 2018. And it's coming out with early aught graphics. It will fall because it's coming out with late nineties game play, which is popular in Asia, isn't popular here.

Sorry Brad. The world has moved on.

Like it. Or not.

*shrug*

Any game can fail, Pantheon is no exception but it's wild to see how wrong your points are.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Better show:

WUhEO4E.gif

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
Leveling up on Agnarr the crazy thing has been how many people had not done any of the previous EQ progression servers. Made me realize that between the various emulator servers, ragefire, lockjaw, Phinigel and Agnarr, something like 50 guilds killed Vulak in-era in 2017. Isn't that fucking wild? Maybe the audience for this nostalgia trip is big enough to support this game after all. If they don't screw everything up.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'd like to
Leveling up on Agnarr the crazy thing has been how many people had not done any of the previous EQ progression servers. Made me realize that between the various emulator servers, ragefire, lockjaw, Phinigel and Agnarr, something like 50 guilds killed Vulak in-era in 2017. Isn't that fucking wild? Maybe the audience for this nostalgia trip is big enough to support this game after all. If they don't screw everything up.

Oh, so you mean the progression servers with modern mechanics like instancing? The kinda stuff Pantheon won't have?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

gugabuba

I'd like to

Oh, so you mean the progression servers with modern mechanics like instancing? The kinda stuff Pantheon won't have?

That's a good point, though I think still remarkable that so many people went 1-60. The load balancing is a big convenience but a lot of the overall camp, group and grind experience is very different from modern games. I would have thought fewer people would have the stomach for it all. Anyways I assumed it was all the same people doing it over again, so I was surprised to run into a lot of people who weren't repeaters. It led me to think the audience is bigger.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
MMO's aren't in a good place right now. Any MMO released with the level of attention that pantheon had been getting is going to sell a lot of boxes.

It very well may fail, but a lot of people are going to buy it

• 1Worf

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'm 100% anti-instancing but I can tolerate how Agnarr handles it I guess. I just want to eliminate the log in, queue up, automatically ported to a zone with a handful of people you'll never see again, rinse, and repeat. We might as well play Diablo at that point. MMO's have become an interaction with various part of the UI instead of people. We have to find a happy medium I guess but I'd rather lean towards none than some.

Dullahan

I'm 100% anti-instancing but I can tolerate how Agnarr handles it I guess. I just want to eliminate the log in, queue up, automatically ported to a zone with a handful of people you'll never see again, rinse, and repeat. We might as well play Diablo at that point. MMO's have become an interaction with various part of the UI instead of people. We have to find a happy medium I guess but I'd rather lean towards none than some.
If you're against instancing, you should still be against the way Agnarr does it. They dumped 3-5 servers worth of people into one when they didn't have to. If they just split it up into a few different servers, you wouldn't need instancing. It would also spread out the hardcores naturally instead of having the kind of environment created by putting them together.

• 1Barf

Dullahan

Feel free to post up the mmos that looked like Pantheon in the early aughts.

No one really knows what gameplay will be successful, because nearly everyone adopted the same gameplay and players adjusted or quit. Most quit. MMOs are the only genre not growing, which seems to suggest that something went wrong along the way.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users