Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Scariest was the Kthicor forest. I mean, later you learned to hug the walls and shit, but when I was a noob I was terrified of that place.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
I still don't get it. Why are people so hyped up about this game? It doesn't look to be anything special. More like EverQuest 2 in a new skin with clutchier character movement. With the fact that it's still pre-alpha state of the game and all troubles will go away once it launches in 2027. A year after Starcitizen.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
To be fair, EQ didn't look like much when it launched. I watched my college roommate play it for a month before I bothered trying it out for myself back in the Spring of 99. It's not like the art or graphics were cutting edge for the time, or that it looked like a blast to play when you watched someone else playing.

But when you actually sat down and tried it out, it was fun to play from the first. Even then, it wasn't 'blow your mind' fun. It wasn't really until you dug into the complexity of the mechanics and the challenge of advancement that it really began to sink in how addictive it was.

There have been a million posts about what made EQ great, so no need to rehash. The worthwhile thing to note was that (for me anyway) watching other people play EQ just didn't communicate the fun of the game. Might be the same situation for Pantheon... Who knows?

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still don't get it. Why are people so hyped up about this game? It doesn't look to be anything special. More like EverQuest 2 in a new skin with clutchier character movement. With the fact that it's still pre-alpha state of the game and all troubles will go away once it launches in 2027. A year after Starcitizen.
I haven't seen any hot bars with 400 abilities therefore not eq2.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

What other MMO do we really have to look forward to?

• 1Solidarity

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I definitely like that they have said they plan on keeping a limit to how many spells or abilities you can have slotted at once, especially with the indication that you will have different load outs you'll want to use depending on what you are doing. I'm sure some will consider it an artificial barrier, but I like my strategic choices being a factor, and anything that prevents 3+ hotbar bloat is A okay in my book.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist

Because it promises open world gameplay, no instances, no LFG tools, no raid finder, contested encounters, racing, challenging content, corpse runs etc.

It's just an open world sand box with punishing gameplay. Idk what more I'd even want from an MMORPG.

• 3Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
To be fair, EQ didn't look like much when it launched. I watched my college roommate play it for a month before I bothered trying it out for myself back in the Spring of 99. It's not like the art or graphics were cutting edge for the time, or that it looked like a blast to play when you watched someone else playing.

But when you actually sat down and tried it out, it was fun to play from the first. Even then, it wasn't 'blow your mind' fun. It wasn't really until you dug into the complexity of the mechanics and the challenge of advancement that it really began to sink in how addictive it was.

There have been a million posts about what made EQ great, so no need to rehash. The worthwhile thing to note was that (for me anyway) watching other people play EQ just didn't communicate the fun of the game. Might be the same situation for Pantheon... Who knows?

I watched my best friends older brother play it a least a dozen times, and while my interest was piqued, it took me forever to actually play myself. I watched him and a couple of his buddies that all played together a few times, even made I think an Ogre Warrior at one point that went nowhere. It wasn't until the Xbox was already on lock down one day, and there was nothing else to do, that I finally sat down and made my Druid and actually played. I still refer to the man that introduced me as a crack peddler, gives that first hit for free.... gotcha bitch!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL my wife bought EQ for me once we got a PC. worst mistake of her married life.

• 8Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Scariest was the Kthicor forest. I mean, later you learned to hug the walls and shit, but when I was a noob I was terrified of that place.
But why? It was nice, peaceful, and I think I farmed lots of bixie drops.

... then Halloween happened.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Desperation

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Even though I know it's nostalgia that drives my curiosity about this game; even though I know Brad stumbled a bit with starting his Kickstarter a bit too early; even though it's probably not going to deliver on a lot of the early promises...

I'm still hooked on this style of MMORPG and will undoubtedly support it as it's accessibility opens up.

Besides I think deep down people want this endeavor to succeed. Why would anyone who is sane want something like this to fail?

To the naysayers here, I know it's fun to bash it with anonymity, and I know it's fun to point out the short comings, but give credit to the team creating this game, they deserve kudos for even attempting to make a game like this in the age of "easy-mode" mmo's.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like

Dreaderus

Trakanon Raider
Just be fun to have something like this to look forward to doing again even some day. I just hope that the combat ends up being fun.

• 1Solidarity