Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
It's fascinating to me how many of you want Brad to fail so desperately at making Pantheon, yet complain there's no good games being developed. How about you just wait and see what Pantheon becomes? If it's a good game, play it. If not, don't.

• 19Like
Reactions: 18 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Some of you nerds could do yourself a favour and hold off on the Doritos and Mountain Dew for a month, find something to hope for and give some money to that.

I give my money to good games that actually exist and can be played now instead of pissing it away on pipe dreams.

I save my hopes and dreams for RL shit that matters, not my fucking hobby.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
It's fascinating to me how many of you want Brad to fail so desperately at making Pantheon, yet complain there's no good games being developed. How about you just wait and see what Pantheon becomes? If it's a good game, play it. If not, don't.

latest

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
What do you call a Whiteknight faggot who instead of defending women who will never fuck them defend instead video games that they will never play?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

Are you confusing people assuming he's going to fail with wanting him to fail? The MMO industry has been taking giant dumps on its core audience for over a decade, and you're surprised we're cynical? He can get the benefit of my doubt when he refunds me for Vanguard. He can eat a dick until then. As for waiting to see what the game becomes, that's assuming it's going to become anything.

• 4Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
What do you call a Whiteknight faggot who instead of defending women who will never fuck them defend instead video games that they will never play?

Can we use Whiteknight faggots as our guild name for Pantheon? Has a nice ring to it.

• 6Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 9 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider

I think everyone wants Pantheon to be good and I believe deep down inside people want Brad to do well. Mostly people just like to give him a hard time and dog pile just because it's what we do with MMO's/Devs... especially Brad. I very rarely say anything about Brad and wish him the best but now Ponytail, is a different story. :) (and maybe Mark Jacobs)

Brad really brings a lot of things on himself but I think it is mainly because he steps outside his gifts and abilities at times. I think he's in a good place right now. He has put himself in a position that isn't handling the money and making all the decisions such as staff (though i'm sure he's influential in all of these areas) but I think he's wised up some but probably out of necessity more than anything.

We'll see everyone in the DayBreak threads tomorrow where we can really lay on the hate and deservedly so more than likely :)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I don't want Brad or Pantheon to fail. But I do see them wasting tons of money that could be better put in someone else's hands. The game looks like dogshit (gameplay & graphically). Brad has old ideas that aren't going to fly anymore. I don't know how he gets his funding but good on him for making his dreams a reality. However, you don't charge $1k alpha access without getting some flak. It's borderline thievery.

I just wish there were some real revolutionary ideas to come and at least something to be excited about.

• 2Like

rinthea

Trakanon Raider
I don't want Brad or Pantheon to fail. But I do see them wasting tons of money that could be better put in someone else's hands. The game looks like dogshit (gameplay & graphically). Brad has old ideas that aren't going to fly anymore. I don't know how he gets his funding but good on him for making his dreams a reality. However, you don't charge $1k alpha access without getting some flak. It's borderline thievery.

I just wish there were some real revolutionary ideas to come and at least something to be excited about.

Graphics, animations I won't argue for time saving reasons. But gameplay, there needs to be a shakeup in MMO games. MMOs have devolved into slot machines, they have the complications, skill demands of a slot machine and the rewards of a slot machine. Old ideas were better than what is the current standard of slot machine gaming. Look at the droves leaving BFA. Something needs to happen. And if there's a better bet than Pantheon, please let us know.

• 2Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Can we use Whiteknight faggots as our guild name for Pantheon? Has a nice ring to it.

Whiteknight Faggots. Hmmm, if the developers would allow it to stick, you have given me the best reason so far to play this game lol.

rinthea rinthea , that argument is terrible and there are examples littered through this thread of why. Modern MMOs may have some really bad ideas or even execution but comparing them to slot machines is lazy and incorrect. BFA is in exactly the same shape as every Blizzard expansion since WotLK but I agree MMOs are in bad shape and maybe Pantheon is an answer. Are you joining etchazz's guild when the game releases?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not asking for a revolution personally.

I'd settle for a challenge.

I want, whether solo or in group, that when I stand before a mob my level to have to evaluate and think whether I want to engage it or not, because engaging it means one of two outcome...it dies, or I die, and I should care very much about not dying because it should suck.

Now dying means nothing it's merely an inconvenience, and often not even that.

In today's game, you engage a mob, accidently aggro 5 mores, and you just run for 5 seconds and the mob leashes and resets leaving you safe and sound.

I'd settle for WoW being challenging, I remember it was somewhat challenging in Vanilla. You'd die quite often just adventuring solo, where you aggroed too much, or aggroed an elite(remember when elites were actually hard). And WoW was never really that hard but it was better than what it is today.

Just bring that back, where the game isn't a walk in the park and where failure means something and it is to be avoided. Just that and I think we would be at decent place.

• 3Solidarity

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Just bring that back, where the game isn't a walk in the park and where failure means something and it is to be avoided. Just that and I think we would be at decent place.
It's kind of hard to find that place.

Death penalties are hard.

We can agree that WoW's death penalty is probably a bit too light. You lose very little. An emissary cache and you've stocked enough for 50 deaths. And at most 2mn lost every time. But it's the only thing that makes the Mythic raiding even possible. Imagine an XP loss, and then your guild officer say "ok, we're going to try Mythic Zuul tonight". Your answer is more like "sorry, there's a Excavator in front of my house, and they look lik" (rips the Ethernet cable from computer).

And the other endpoint, place harsh penalties on death, and people become extremely risk adverse. I mean, if the only loss is your timed run, people are already asking for .io scores... now imagine that you lost 5% XP when you died. People won't go to half the world.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Even haters gotta admit. The bruiser made out of pine cones is pretty cool.

lilsprigs-lg.jpg

• 7Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Whiteknight Faggots. Hmmm, if the developers would allow it to stick, you have given me the best reason so far to play this game lol. Are you joining etchazz's guild when the game releases?

I would honestly role play the fk out of that guild name.

Even haters gotta admit. The bruiser made out of pine cones is pretty cool.

lilsprigs-lg.jpg

If the game had body part specific damage, then the pine cone guy would be a cool ass fight.

• 4Like

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
Newsletter a tad concerning, or I guess more affirming. Since the Pre-Alpha stages have been every 3-4 months and they are saying the next one will be pushed back a bit, that sounds like the next Pre-Alpha 5 stage will be in the summer of 2019. That's a delay no matter how you slice it. I think most of the people keeping tabs on the game knew the early 2019 Alpha talk was far too early for where they are in development. On the plus side, I'm curious to see who this big shot animator is that they hired and the MMOs he's done work on. Animations are, by far, the most glaring deficiency during any given stream.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Gave 300 ea to Pantheon, Crowfall and Camelot. A lot of you think that's nuts, but I want to support the people who are trying to make the games I prefer.

I fully realize that at least one (or maybe even all) of these games will be shit, or never released. That's fine, losing the money doesn't bother me. But a life with only the standard EA/Activision/(or any typical shit gaming company) offerings to choose from is lame.

It's supply and demand.

And there's no supply.

People are desperate for that "real" MMO itch to be scratched.

• 2Solidarity

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
@pantheon the new Lightweight Render Pipeline, Shader Graph, and Playable Director in unity is absolutely amazing, and changes the game completely.

Downside is you have to update all your materials to the LWR shaders, but that isn't too bad.