Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
For your consideration

Decent rebuttal at this point in time. The game looks like it will be released eventually but I think he's smoking some hopium about the animations. Some much better funded orgs have failed at that. His argument about graphics is also weak considering there are no playable instances of these graphics to show. I'm sure they are improved and will continue to do so but you can't refute a 'myth' with screenshots. I like that he and the developers are pushing short incremental advancement and that 'this isn't your granpappies EQ game.' I hope it triggers at least a few looking for their youth again in a vidya game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
He was being disingenuous on a number of points, but especially in regards to 'vaporware'. He knows what people mean, and that was some advanced master-tier shill-spin. 'Vaporware' is just a convenient term for a game we're not sure will ever release.

DBG just had to axe a bunch of folks...so let's not kid ourselves here...Pantheon isn't a done deal.

RE: graphics...I literally give zero shits about that screencap, as a representation of graphics. I want to see animations, and I want to see performance. I remember EQ2 releasing screenshots and people arguing over that. A lot of people thought it looked like ass, and turns out, it ran like ass, too. Just a screencap isn't going to sway people...you're going to need copious video. Or better yet, they'll need to do what WOW did and flood people with Beta time to see it first-hand. And speaking of WOW...I place performance and animations at the top of my list. FFS, I still play with pre-Luclin models in EQ.

Funding...this fucking guy. To be all like "...this has a seed of truth to it" in regards to past issues...well, isn't that putting it mildly, you fucking cocksmoking shill. And then I'm supposed to just blindly believe that just because Littleton said "HAY GUYZ WE HAVE FULL FUNDINGS NAO!!!" that this is 100% true, that their funding needs won't change, and that the game is a hard lock for release? GTFO of here with that fucking naive nonsense.

I mean, don't get me wrong...I hope they do have full funding. I hope they release. I hope the game is a blast to play. I want to hit people up and group and be Shitlords together online. But this guy must be smoking a special brand of hopium if he thinks that we're just going to watch this video and be convinced that VR is a triple A dev studio with bottomless pockets now. And we all know how costs balloon if you let it (just ask Curt!)

But hey, @a_skeleton_03, they have a $10K pledge tier for you!

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - Get Involved

• 9Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Two copies of the game!
Basically the only advantage to that tier is lifetime sub and dungeon design over the under 1000 package oh and a cheap picture and cloth map.
The question remains, do BOTH copies get lifetime sub or just one because I am not seeing the other 9000 in value. In fact I am not seeing value in anything.
If the game is $10 a month, one lifetime sub at $9000 means you need to play it 75 years to break even. Sign me up for that deal!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

rinthea

Trakanon Raider
Pledging is like giving to charity. You do it because you want people to see how generous you are...

Pledging is like loaning money to family members. You do it fully expecting to never see a cent of it again...

Pledging is like anonymously donating to a charity and never telling anyone. You do it hoping the unfortunate uses the money to get their shit together. But are fully aware they'll likely head to their nearest dealer and shoot up.

Expecting value back from pledges, donations, Kickstarter, loans to friends & family etc is stupid. You give if you believe in the cause and think it has a chance at success.

• 2EyeRoll
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Pledging is like giving to charity. You do it because you want people to see how generous you are...

Pledging is like loaning money to family members. You do it fully expecting to never see a cent of it again...

Pledging is like anonymously donating to a charity and never telling anyone. You do it hoping the unfortunate uses the money to get their shit together. But are fully aware they'll likely head to their nearest dealer and shoot up.

Expecting value back from pledges, donations, Kickstarter, loans to friends & family etc is stupid. You give if you believe in the cause and think it has a chance at success.
Look at this retard. No. Giving money to a company to make a product with the goal of making money is nothing like the rest of those.

• 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
For profit game companies are not charities. They aren't your family, and they aren't even your friend.

If you want to give to charity, that's great. But find an actual charity.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I think we just saw the essence of how they've lasted this long present itself first hand. People conflating their hobbies with charities.

Pledging is gambling with worse odds than Vegas and no assurances of what you'll actually get even if you win. Full stop.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 3Like

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
Thankyajesus another brother walks among us today

Can you imagine if some of these EQ people had streams running on them?

Some day in our life time, it will be a reality.

Here's what the coach would have looked like on stream.

Lazy boy recliner fully leaned back. Ratty gray sweat pants with no shirt. Yuge fucking dip in the mouth. Cans and cups full of dip spit sitting around that he was too lazy to remove, best is when he accidentally drinks from one. Empty bags of spicy nacho doritos littering the carpet around his throne.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
He was being disingenuous on a number of points, but especially in regards to 'vaporware'. He knows what people mean, and that was some advanced master-tier shill-spin. 'Vaporware' is just a convenient term for a game we're not sure will ever release.

Most of his screenshot examples were just people joking that it would never release and didn't even use the term vaporware.

Stopped watching after that

• 1Like

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I like the difference between the people here and the Pantheon facebook people. How naive all those people are blindly giving them money because on their streams the devs say they want to the game to be like this and like that. Trying to remind them same shit was said about VG and I don't think they have the slightest clue what I'm talking about

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I like the difference between the people here and the Pantheon facebook people. How naive all those people are blindly giving them money because on their streams the devs say they want to the game to be like this and like that. Trying to remind them same shit was said about VG and I don't think they have the slightest clue what I'm talking about

I'll probably make a Pantheon account right after the release. I want to see the tears as they discover Brad and co. are making the game they want, not the one these retards are paying them a pittance to make. " I spent good fucking money and they promised! My life savings are gone until my parents die!"

giphy.gif

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Here's what the coach would have looked like on stream.

Lazy boy recliner fully leaned back. Ratty gray sweat pants with no shirt. Yuge fucking dip in the mouth. Cans and cups full of dip spit sitting around that he was too lazy to remove, best is when he accidentally drinks from one. Empty bags of spicy nacho doritos littering the carpet around his throne.

Trumpets sound as he gets up from his bed to immediately sit down and log in.

• 1Like

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I'll probably make a Pantheon account right after the release. I want to see the tears as they discover Brad and co. are making the game they want, not the one these retards are paying them a pittance to make. " I spent good fucking money and they promised! My life savings are gone until my parents die!"
I'll 100% play it. But I'm not getting over excited for a game that may never launch or launch still in alpha. I guess better for us if they wana blindly pledge 1000s of dollars. It may actually help the game make it to beta

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Coach has forsaken you, he wouldn't even log in to Salty's discord link after recently reading the Swamp Donkey thread - which he found very interesting.

I'm not clicking Salty discord lank either.

He can come to mine with Chuck etc. We can be pals in white brotherhood.

Choice is simple: cuck or white bros

Last edited:

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I remember all the salt on the official forums when they started talking about minimaps/etc. Tons of angry people furious over minor shit because they'd been deluding themselves, and the Devs had been blowing smoke up their asses for as long as possible.

They're basically forking over money for vague hypothetical options that may or may not ever make it past a design doc stage.

It's like watching a bunch of virgin nerds spend their savings on an ugly camwhore. Except these fuckers want to argue with you about it.

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gave 300 ea to Pantheon, Crowfall and Camelot. A lot of you think that's nuts, but I want to support the people who are trying to make the games I prefer.

I fully realize that at least one (or maybe even all) of these games will be shit, or never released. That's fine, losing the money doesn't bother me. But a life with only the standard EA/Activision/(or any typical shit gaming company) offerings to choose from is lame.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
I am starting work on the ultimate MMO, I’ll link my paypal later for you retarded faggots, er I mean you loyal fans.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users