Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am starting work on the ultimate MMO, I’ll link my paypal later for you retarded faggots, er I mean you loyal fans.

You should, really. But it will take more work than a cute one liner to get the page up and people believing in you. Much more work than you are capable of imo. Good luck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
You should, really. But it will take more work than a cute one liner to get the page up and people believing in you. Much more work than you are capable of imo. Good luck.

A grease stained Denny’s napkin and a cocain feuled promise of greatness is enough to get you to part with your hard earned dollars and you know it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Not sure about that. The Pantheon kickstarter was a complete joke and even though it failed they still got a bunch of delusional fanboys to donate money for forum roles.

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure about that. The Pantheon kickstarter was a complete joke and even though it failed they still got a bunch of delusional fanboys to donate money for forum roles.

So the game being built, coders and artists being hired, progress being made is a scam? Cool. Sign me up.

If Booze can do the same then he deserves the money. But he's all mouth with no brains, or ambition.

You all make it sound so easy, and yet I see nothing from you except whining and snark. Which are the exact same sounds the lazy make while they cower in the basement.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Cowering in the basement? christ dude.

He's one of the writers for this game. You didn't think places like Trollfaert, Thronefast, and ReachAround could be created in one sitting do you? This guy is making it big some day!!!

• 3Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Gave 300 ea to Pantheon, Crowfall and Camelot. A lot of you think that's nuts, but I want to support the people who are trying to make the games I prefer.

I fully realize that at least one (or maybe even all) of these games will be shit, or never released. That's fine, losing the money doesn't bother me. But a life with only the standard EA/Activision/(or any typical shit gaming company) offerings to choose from is lame.
If you want to donate you can donate I don't even really think that's bad at all. You understand this game may never come out because they pretty much had this same shit with VG only maybe had a stronger following with that. Delusional people just trusting the devs every word and me telling them they shouldn't and getting called mean things :( is when I was like ightt breh

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I don't think it's fair to compare this game with VG. VG was fully funded from Microsoft, then from Sony. This game company is lucky if it sees 1/100th of that kind of cash flow, and VG was made 11 years ago (or more?).

• 1Like

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
I am starting work on the ultimate MMO, I’ll link my paypal later for you retarded faggots, er I mean you loyal fans.

I been waiting on you to pull the trigger on this for like 2 fucking years.

HaramQuest

Whats the deal? What did you blow our funding on ?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
So the game being built, coders and artists being hired, progress being made is a scam? Cool. Sign me up.

If Booze can do the same then he deserves the money. But he's all mouth with no brains, or ambition.

You all make it sound so easy, and yet I see nothing from you except whining and snark. Which are the exact same sounds the lazy make while they cower in the basement.
The rub is that you cultists were throwing money at Brad before there was really any work even done.

Most of us could have bullshitted 85% of that KS over a 6-pack. The remaining 15% was shit like linking back to 'games media' articles (I use that term loosely) that were largely based on the same vague bullshit that BradCo had already been peddling. It was like citations in a college essay, except all they amounted to was nothing more than "BRAD'S GONNA MAKE A GAEM!!1!!1"

You're just tapdancing around the fact that people didn't wait for anything solid before forking over their money. That's why you throwing all of this shit up to BoozeCube BoozeCube is top fucking kek. You're trying to act like it's ok to throw money at Pantheon because "lots of work has been done" when in reality that was never a prerequisite for you fuckers in the first place. You trying to shoehorn that in now, ex post facto, is just...well...fucking /golfclap, bro. /golfclap.

@ Booze, I'm still waiting on your answer about the pancake content, you faggot

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The rub is that you cultists were throwing money at Brad before there was really any work even done.

Most of us could have bullshitted 85% of that KS over a 6-pack. The remaining 15% was shit like linking back to 'games media' articles (I use that term loosely) that were largely based on the same vague bullshit that BradCo had already been peddling. It was like citations in a college essay, except all they amounted to was nothing more than "BRAD'S GONNA MAKE A GAEM!!1!!1"

You're just tapdancing around the fact that people didn't wait for anything solid before forking over their money. That's why you throwing all of this shit up to BoozeCube BoozeCube is top fucking kek. You're trying to act like it's ok to throw money at Pantheon because "lots of work has been done" when in reality that was never a prerequisite for you fuckers in the first place. You trying to shoehorn that in now, ex post facto, is just...well...fucking /golfclap, bro. /golfclap.

@ Booze, I'm still waiting on your answer about the pancake content, you faggot

Kickstarters are about giving up money for hopium. Didn't you get the memo? Lol. If you don't like Kickstarter that's fine, but don't blame Brad for your issues.

And I didn't actually give them any money until about a year ago when they were doing the alpha push. Considered doing the 1k thing but alpha testing really isn't that much fun.
I still would have given Brad money during the Kickstarter, but during that time I had other priorities in my life.

Cultists is a great word, totally a lie, but hey what the hell, go for it. It obviously makes you feel better about yourself on that creaky fake ivory tower you try to hold up. You're just mad because in spite of all of your hate, bile, whining and moaning, Brad is still here and you don't matter.

I do hope Pantheon is made, but if it isn't then I gave Brad a few hundred to thank him for his part in making EQ. A small reward for a game that was very influential for everyone here.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It's always amusing when people double down on their bad decisions by flipping their shit in response to any criticisms to do with those decisions.

but if it isn't then I gave Brad a few hundred to thank him for his part in making EQ. A small reward for a game that was very influential for everyone here.

You already gave your thanks by paying for the game and whatever additional costs were involved with playing it. You're nothing but a customer to them. Never forget that.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Kickstarters are about giving up money for hopium. Didn't you get the memo? Lol. If you don't like Kickstarter that's fine, but don't blame Brad for your issues.

And I didn't actually give them any money until about a year ago when they were doing the alpha push. Considered doing the 1k thing but alpha testing really isn't that much fun.
I still would have given Brad money during the Kickstarter, but during that time I had other priorities in my life.

Cultists is a great word, totally a lie, but hey what the hell, go for it. It obviously makes you feel better about yourself on that creaky fake ivory tower you try to hold up. You're just mad because in spite of all of your hate, bile, whining and moaning, Brad is still here and you don't matter.

I do hope Pantheon is made, but if it isn't then I gave Brad a few hundred to thank him for his part in making EQ. A small reward for a game that was very influential for everyone here.

The kickstarter is actually supposed to hype you. Not make you say "Did a 13 year old make this after school one day?"

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's always amusing when people double down on their bad decisions by flipping their shit in response to any criticisms to do with those decisions.

You already gave your thanks by paying for the game and whatever additional costs were involved with playing it. You're nothing but a customer to them. Never forget that.

Well if I regretted my decision, then you might have a point. But I know what Kickstarter and crowdfunding in general is about, and never had any illusions about it. It's free money for the devs. That's why I have only ever used kickstarter for those 3 games I mentioned. They were the only things worth supporting that I cared about. I did mean to give money to Chris for Star Citizen but didn't get around to it. And now he doesn't need the help.

Kickstarter is about funding people who are trying to do things we like that are not being done by big business. It's a total crap shoot, but I love the concept and what it has done for gaming, tech, comics, etc, etc, etc. It's been a boon to creators who are normally under the thumb of bean counters.

If you don't like Kickstarter then you basically like EA/Activision and all the crap they produce, while hating the actual creators who might make great things if untethered from the mass pablum machine. Brad is just an example of that. Many of you have personal issues with Brad. I don't. I don't see him as a god either (while you all hate him worse than Satan), he's just a creator trying to make a game I might like.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Kickstarter is about funding people who are trying to do things we like that are not being done by big business. It's a total crap shoot, but I love the concept and what it has done for gaming, tech, comics, etc, etc, etc. It's been a boon to creators who are normally under the thumb of bean counters.

No, kickstarter is about turning wishful potential customers into investors without the priviledge of a monetary return on their investment. It is literally cashing in on people because people who know what they're doing won't put money into the project. Throw in profit sharing for the donators and then maybe we can talk about it being anything else.

If you don't like Kickstarter then you basically like EA/Activision and all the crap they produce, while hating the actual creators who might make great things if untethered from the mass pablum machine.

Oh please. I have an endless list of great games I play and want to play and maybe a couple were kickstarted. This isn't the fucking early 2000's, there are endless amounts of games to choose from that don't involve the corporate shit or some drug addict begging you to pay for his mortgage so he can make games that were unfit for the previous decade.

• 2Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No, kickstarter is about turning wishful potential customers into investors without the priviledge of a monetary return on their investment. It is literally cashing in on people because people who know what they're doing won't put money into the project. Throw in profit sharing for the donators and then maybe we can talk about it being anything else.

Oh please. I have an endless list of great games I play and want to play and maybe a couple were kickstarted. This isn't the fucking early 2000's, there are endless amounts of games to choose from that don't involve the corporate shit or some drug addict begging you to pay for his mortgage so he can make games that were unfit for the previous decade.

Not in the mmo space. If there is a modern mmo like Pantheon out there, let me know. Same thing with Crowfall / Camelot Unchained.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Not in the mmo space. If there is a modern mmo like Pantheon out there, let me know. Same thing with Crowfall / Camelot Unchained.

There won't be games like them even if their productions are successul. If they need your money to be created, they won't exist for long. These aren't one-off games, they're big MMO's that require upkeep and constant cashflow. Are you going to keep throwing $300 at them? How about everyone else? Are you suggesting that somehow they'll get enough players to keep things afloat when other low-tier MMO's are falling left right and center, but still not be promising enough to be funded through actual investors?

IF this gets released at all, it won't be anything near what you hoped for, and will change drastically just to keep itself alive. Hope you like F2P MMO's. Even if it somehow miraculously becomes a success, the company will be turned into yet another corporate entity that you seem to hate, or be sold off to one.

• 2Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There won't be games like them even if their productions are successul. If they need your money to be created, they won't exist for long. These aren't one-off games, they're big MMO's that require upkeep and constant cashflow. Are you going to keep throwing $300 at them? How about everyone else? Are you suggesting that somehow they'll get enough players to keep things afloat when other low-tier MMO's are falling left right and center, but still not be promising enough to be funded through actual investors?

IF this gets released at all, it won't be anything near what you hoped for, and will change drastically just to keep itself alive. Hope you like F2P MMO's. Even if it somehow miraculously becomes a success, the company will be turned into yet another corporate entity that you seem to hate, or be sold off to one.

Yes, very true. And those are my biggest concerns for these games. Making mmos is incredibly hard to do, especially on the cheap. I fully understand that all of these games will probably fail for one reason or another. But that is true of all creative endeavors. If it was easy we wouldn't be talking about it. Not trying is the true failure in life. And once in a great while we get a success that proves it all is worth it.

• 1Like

rinthea

Trakanon Raider

Pretty much every business ever runs at a loss initially.
If it does become a success, the atrophy to yet another corporate entity can be spread over a long time.

Some of you nerds could do yourself a favour and hold off on the Doritos and Mountain Dew for a month, find something to hope for and give some money to that.
I assume I'll get value enough returned for what I pledged before the game is launched.

• 1Worf