Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Yea I'm not entirely sure but I did have a friend that joined them during PoP just before I quit for good. Pretty sure they weren't Swedish as I never heard that from my friend.

Nostalgia hearing the old names, I remember SR but always saw them as some evil guild if I remember correct. :p And no one could miss TMO. I was always in the "family guilds" when I played as I was never a try hard during my time in EQ, I can't remember where I started but I ended up in T'Kagi Ro and had lots of drama encounters with TMO as we tried to raid a little. I usally ended up playing off hours with my euro friends grinding AAs and old zones.

Yeah I was mostly in family guilds, too until a little before I ended up quitting. My first guild was an all-Iksar RP guild called the Gresh’Maj. We had our own language we spoke and everything (though I can’t remember what RL language we pulled that from). Most of my time raiding was spent with Caelum Infinitum getting bullied by Severed peeps.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I think on FenninRo there was a guild named Defenders of Ahkanon (unless I missremember the Asian guild name) that always "keke la" everything. I never understood it either, I assumed it ment "lol" or something back then.

La~ meant bro or friend or dude to them

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yup. Tunare, Povar, then Drinal. In that order I think?

Guilded with Dark Covenant, Crimson Twilight, and Cats in Hats.
Ha! I remember cats in hats. I think Drinal merged with Mithaniel Marr and that was at the tail end of me running the Mith Marr Daily News forum. If I recall that correctly which is why I remember that guild.

• 1Like

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
I have an idea for my podcast. What do you guys think about animation rigging for the guests and their hosting for the podcast? No Rl pics, just animated cartoon rigging. They read from a script.

We make them funny pirate theme characters with funny names- parrot mermaid squid and pirates with a captain commentating.

Someone willing to help me put together a script and do some voice overs.

• 1Picard
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
remember when this thread had more funny gifs than the gif thread? pepperidge farm remembers.

What is kind of amazing is the delusionals are so desperate for any information or glimmer of hope for their vaporware that they end up coming from the Patheon $15 a month board and end up here, and expect us to drink the Kool aid too.

P.S. Just think of how much of a full on bat shit retard you have to be in order to get banned from paying to post on a board that is designed 100% as grift for suckers, dopes, retards, and losers. These apprentice developers are a unique breed.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You can fill an hour so fast ranting about EQ with like minded individuals. Generally speaking.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
I have an idea for my podcast. What do you guys think about animation rigging for the guests and their hosting for the podcast? No Rl pics, just animated cartoon rigging. They read from a script.

We make them funny pirate theme characters with funny names- parrot mermaid squid and pirates with a captain commentating.

over a month ago I posted that you were almost certainly an AI chatbot, trained on our forum vernacular, and brought to life like lil digi-Pinnochio.
clearly that is not the case.

your myriad stories and name drops straddle the line between fascinatingly plausible and patently absurd
you're like the forest gump of MMO game dev. if there ever was a moment or a name, you were in the frame.

you vacillate between hiring us and firing us so frequently
you call us all Pantheon apologists and kool-aid drinkers, but seem to fail to recognize that we're over a thousand (1275 by my format) pages into a 9 year old thread, 99% of it spent dunking on Pantheon for window dressing and gaslighting its own fans
do you just want our validation?
is there not an audience more deserving of your greatness?

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Do you want to know why I came here? In 2015 I was on Tunare, and I met a rogue who had his toon rolled back to LVL 1. He talked about it, in general, one day, and I felt sorry for him, so I decided to help. CN had just bought Daybreak, and Smed was let go for threatening the Swedish teenager who hacked their network and doxed him. I was able to pull up the CN phone number in NY, which was Jason and his secretary. I couldn't talk to Jason at the time, but the rogue did speak with his secretary a few weeks later. He was getting the run around like I did years before when SOE deleted my bard. Two gms were targeting the guy, and Mutato helped the guy with some rewards for his trouble. He got a bunch of exp potions and raid gear. As far as I knew, he was just a random stranger in distress. Mutato had given this guy his email and phone number for safekeeping. Then, I transferred off the server and never thought about it again. A few years later, around the winter of 2018, when James Earl joined my guild, we talked one night, and this guy who knows him happened to recognize my name and asked James if he could chat with me. The only thing I was told was he was the guy who I helped on Tunare. I think he may have been James's relative or even his son. He said he was a writer. I don't remember his pen name. But he talked about many bugs and lore in the old days, Furor's boycott in POK, the theft of epic keychains from the boxed games in the supply closet, and James attending the SOE Christmas party one year. He told me about the CN and Russian mafia incident six months before it went public. I talk with some guy name Jason too during this time. He played a paladin in wow. For years people called me a liar, that James was never in my guild and that I was full of shit. It may have been Bill Fisher or Dan Quinn. He claimed he worked for SOE as a QA back in the day. Troost asked him a question for his interview about Sir Lucan being evil. There has been a dan giving me a hard time for the last few years, and I want to rule this guy out. That's why I came to this forum; outside of Alex and convo, I know nothing about Fires of Heaven.

Last edited:

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
in 361 words you didn't provide an answer to your own unprompted question that began your rant
I'm back to being pretty sure that you're a chatbot.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
over a month ago I posted that you were almost certainly an AI chatbot, trained on our forum vernacular, and brought to life like lil digi-Pinnochio.
clearly that is not the case.

your myriad stories and name drops straddle the line between fascinatingly plausible and patently absurd
you're like the forest gump of MMO game dev. if there ever was a moment or a name, you were in the frame.

you vacillate between hiring us and firing us so frequently
you call us all Pantheon apologists and kool-aid drinkers, but seem to fail to recognize that we're over a thousand (1275 by my format) pages into a 9 year old thread, 99% of it spent dunking on Pantheon for window dressing and gaslighting its own fans
do you just want our validation?
is there not an audience more deserving of your greatness?

God I love it, not even one zone or anything lol

Flattop

Trakanon Raider
Leave Me Alone GIF

• 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande

Why

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It was Cats in Hats on Drinal. That was the server I played on. This Sox cant even get a Dr Seuss reference right.

Also, it was Opie and Anthony

Last edited:
  • 1Like