Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Both games are pretty much vaporware, the difference is EQN might actually have funding but will most likely be nothing like it was supposed to be due to the foundation of storybricks getting blown up. I don't care how good the tools of Unity are, these games require a good sized development team and top notch engineers to work.
I don't know much about the Unity engine. Is it the next great thing for future MMO development? If so Daybreak should use it for a EQ1 revamp like Funcom did with the new engine for Anarchy Online, rename it EQN and call it a day.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I don't know much about the Unity engine. Is it the next great thing for future MMO development? If so Daybreak should use it for a EQ1 revamp like Funcom did with the new engine for Anarchy Online, rename it EQN and call it a day.
Great idea, but they would fuck it up.

Grundge_sl

shitlord
What is Brad going to do after they finish their work if they ever do? This is an arrogant cocksucker who has no qualms with theft, destroying his own people's lives, and just driving off into the sunset. The reason Brad could be less visible is because it's summer and he's just driving around on his bike. Possible and likely? Sure is. People has less faith because Brad is the guy behind this project. Brad is the guy who has his name plastered over it. Brad is the guy who will take credit(previous history). Brad is the guy who would take the money and drop these guys like offal if he wants. It's his company, his rules. Let's not forget the facts here. Look at the Facebook about page. Sure is a lot of Brad on that.

The Scorpion and the Frog - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaWhen Joppa looks back and asks Brad why..." Because I'm a Brad, why would you expect different from me?"
Totally spot on with that what you say. I can believe that the guys currently working on the project are really doing the best they can to get this game made, but the problem is that you have Brad who is in control. If the game ever took off and started making money, I can totally see one day the team being shocked that they are suddenly bankrupt, all except for Brad who will be sporting a new Ferrari while chilling in his new summer mansion. Sure it may not happen that way, but that is not what history has shown, and recent history at that.

So ultimately this is just like a train wreck waiting to happen...again. Hopefully it wont, but as others have said, most of us are too old to be fooled so easily.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know this to be true but with the hirings I'm assuming these guys are being paid..meaning most likely they've gotten some funding. Probably a decent chunk but most likely not enough to finish the project unless they get more. Either way, there hasn't been any money issues as of yet with Brad and the team.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Totally spot on with that what you say. I can believe that the guys currently working on the project are really doing the best they can to get this game made, but the problem is that you have Brad who is in control. If the game ever took off and started making money, I can totally see one day the team being shocked that they are suddenly bankrupt, all except for Brad who will be sporting a new Ferrari while chilling in his new summer mansion. Sure it may not happen that way, but that is not what history has shown, and recent history at that.

So ultimately this is just like a train wreck waiting to happen...again. Hopefully it wont, but as others have said, most of us are too old to be fooled so easily.
As fun as it is to shit on Brad, he's not even the main obstacle to getting this game made in my mind. The real problem is they only have 20 people and no fucking money. What kind of mmo is a tiny team of amatuers and volunteers working in their free time with no budget going to put out?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
As fun as it is to shit on Brad, he's not even the main obstacle to getting this game made in my mind. The real problem is they only have 20 people and no fucking money. What kind of mmo is a tiny team of amatuers and volunteers working in their free time with no budget going to put out?
No man's sky is being developed by 4 people.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
This is a fair point, but how the hell are they getting paid?
They already said the initial crowdfunding money was long gone when the original team imploded. They either got a backer they haven't told anyone about....yet or they are working for a piece of the company.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really don't know but I've suspected it for some time now. When JP was hired I really started to suspect things.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
No man's sky is being developed by 4 people. Blind faith? They have a team of 20 people with professional backgrounds. You think they are working for free?
No, it's not.

THE NO MAN'S SKY TEAM
Aaron Andrews - @br0br0br0
Gareth Bourn - @gjbourn
Harry Denholm - @HarryDenholm
Ryan Doyle - @bbodd
Grant Duncan - @GrantDuncan
Jake Golding - @BaconJacob
Peter Houska
Beau Lamb - @BeauLamb
Hazel McKendrick - @HazelMcKendrick
Sean Murray - @NoMansSky
David Ream - @DavidSReam
Charlie Tangora - @ginsweater
Suzy Wallace
Alex Wiltshire - @rotational

I'm not sure their overall strengths but in comparison

Chris Rowan (Kuripan) - Chairman
Brad McQuaid (Aradune) - Chief Creative Officer, Producer, Gameplay and Tools Programmer
Tim Sullivan - Chief Financial Officer
Chris Perkins (Joppa) - Creative Director, Audio Director
Daniel Krenn (Sarudan) - Technical Director & Lead Programmer
J.P. Targete - Art Director
Ben de la Durantaye - Director of Communications
Albert Barajas - Director of IT
Justin Gerhart (Istuulamae) - Lore Master & Lead Writer
John Diasparra (Montreseur) - Lead World Builder
Corey LeFever (Ceythos) - Senior Game Designer
Ben Walters (Kilsin) - Community & Web Manager, Lead Moderator
Jason Bolton (Medawky) - Associate Community & Web Manager
Jeanna Ruschell (BlueEyedGator) - Assistant Producer, Special Projects, Human Resources
Dave Jezewski - Data Base Analysis and Programming
Adam Tell - Programmer & Webmaster
Josh Endries (FzZzT) - Web Server Administrator
Taylor Christensen - Concept Artist
Collin Jezewski (RebornWolf) - Apprentice: Lore
Kiule Moana - Apprentice: Concept Art & Lore
David Reitman - Board Member, Non-Executive Director

I looked through these professionals and don't see a lot of professional backgrounds in actually making games which is the point of the exercise. The lead environmental artist just started college for computer science last year. I know he could have lots of minor experience at programming but let's not get carried away by Mighty Brad paying his band of super programmers for their extreme skills at fighting the Sheriff of NotMuchHere.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
Thread rename made me giggle.
I completely lost track of this thread because of the rename. Then had to read waaaay to many posts to catch up. This was only slightly less annoying than playing Destiny for a half hour. Rise of the Fuzzy Assets...

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Correction, No man's sky was being developed by 4 people until Sony took notice of them last year. They have since expanded based on PS4 exclusivity funding.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I think most of the comedy comes from Brad fans parachuting into the EQN thread and talking about doom and gloom and omg they layed someone off! Then Pantheon posts a screenshot and it's "OMG THINGS ARE FULL ON DEVELOPMENT MODE!" Both games are pretty much vaporware, the difference is EQN might actually have funding but will most likely be nothing like it was supposed to be due to the foundation of storybricks getting blown up. I don't care how good the tools of Unity are, these games require a good sized development team and top notch engineers to work.
Dude, EQN was never going to be good, Shitbricks or not.