Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I agree, but i also believe this will continue to be a work in progess; i don't think the current animations are the final ones.
Doubt it. They need to ship a game that is far from complete relatively soon, I find it unlikely that they have the time to go back and redo animations.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Doubt it. They need to ship a game that is far from complete relatively soon, I find it unlikely that they have the time to go back and redo animations.
What makes you think they need to ship the game in a "far from complete" state "relatively soon"? They appear to have secured some more funding and have been hiring more people. They haven't even hit paid pre-alpha, there is no release coming relatively soon.... and that's fine as long as they get it right.

Last edited:

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Relax Susan, take your Midol and we can talk when your cramps go away. No reason to get all pissy over something that never has and never will exist. You need to learn how to play Pantheon the forum game otherwise you are just gonna get trained to the zone line and your corpse will be camped. Choo Choo mother fucker.

Lol. You really take this stuff much too seriously. You run around with your thumb up your butt crying "Brad Raped Me!" and then scream when someone calls you out.

To you this is serious business and you spend all of your waking days figuring out how to cry some more about Brad. I mean it really is pathetic. I don't have a horse in this race. If Brad makes a game or doesn't it doesn't bother me.

I just parachuted in here to laugh at how much you the other losers have invested in Brad failing. I have always been curious, why do you care so much? The amount of time you spend crying in these threads is mind boggling.

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I dont have anything vested either. One thing I have learned about mmorgs from the past is never buy day one unless they have/I play open beta and like it. Otherwise I will wait and see some player reviews. And thats it. Other than that my hope goes out to Bradley and wish him good luck. If the game is good Ill be there, if its crap, I wont. Simple as that. We need some fresh new mmorpgs that dont suck, carbon copies of WoW or some Korean type shit.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Lol. You really take this stuff much too seriously. You run around with your thumb up your butt crying "Brad Raped Me!" and then scream when someone calls you out.

To you this is serious business and you spend all of your waking days figuring out how to cry some more about Brad. I mean it really is pathetic. I don't have any horse in this race. If Brad makes a game or doesn't it doesn't bother me.

I just parachuted in here to laugh at how much you the other losers have invested in Brad failing. I have always been curious, why do you care so much? The amount of time you spend crying in these threads is mind boggling.

If there is one thing I take seriously it's Pantheon: Saga of zeros. Holy shit man you got me, what are you clairvoyant or some kind of internet psychiatrist. It all started in 6th grade when my father high on pills beat me with his dirt bike. I guess it's time to let it all out I am Brad's son you got me. The game is clearly going to be awesome as fuck and I just take it all to seriously. Hahahahahahahahahahaha well if nothing else you already dove head first into Qwertqwerts delusion hole. I will enjoy watching you unravel in the upcoming months.

• 4Salty
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
No point in engaging that guy. He spews the same posts over and over in this thread.
Oh you brute!:(

Pay no heed to the detractors and keep up the good fight Booze! :) You're doin great! Show em how to fixate properly, how to stoke the creepy smouldering fires of game designer hate so they may help keep those fuzzy troll fans at bay:lumie:.

..... (cue the script and the ominous music)....
Show everyone how to deal with the :mad:evil war wizard! (cheer!)
Show us what ELSE o_O awaits us if the wizard and his minions run amok unchecked :eek:.​
..... (tadada dooooom!) ......
The mountains shall echo with the roar of dirtbikes and our wallets will crumble into oxi dust! The foundational pillars gaming will crumble! and......
Eeeeeep! no more! no more! :eek: . Save us oh mighty ones save us!

(now to those labelled dimwitted, or just not payign close enough attention to the history of the greatest MMO thread around, this hideous vision above is also known as the "certain doom of MMORPG gaming!" )

...Unless!..... o_O
Yes Booze, is there really some hope?

.... unless we pray enough at the altars of the McDungeons. Our only hope for salvation lies there.... prostrate yourselves before the McDungeons and pray! Pray they wow us unto deliverence! Bray praise bray, bray to the gods of sweet delicious ease & convenience and you shall recieve deliverance to the glorious pinnacles of McMMO heavens, as decreed in the designs of the holly trinity of gaming, the omnipotent masters of gaming awesomeness... PKC....:

Pardo! Kaplan! and Chiiiiiiiiilton (kermit yay!!!! :p).​

Keep at it man! Show em how its done!
The risk of Pantheon, or any other MMO startup releasing let alone succeeding, is just sooooooo great!

Yah. :rolleyes:

• 2Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider

To you this is serious business and you spend all of your waking days figuring out how to cry some more about Brad. I mean it really is pathetic. I don't have a horse in this race. If Brad makes a game or doesn't it doesn't bother me.

a+
\

Skanda

I'm Amod too!

Pay no heed to the detractors and keep up the good fight Booze! :) You're doin great! Show em how to fixate properly, how to stoke the creepy smouldering fires of game designer hate so they may help keep those fuzzy troll fans at bay:lumie:.

Show us what ELSE o_O awaits us if the wizard and his minions run amok unchecked :eek:.​
The mountains shall echo with the roar of dirtbikes and our wallets will crumble into oxi dust! The foundational pillars gaming will crumble! and......​

(now to those labelled dimwitted, or just not payign close enough attention to the history of the greatest MMO thread around, this hideous vision above is also known as the "certain doom of MMORPG gaming!" )

...Unless!..... o_O

.... unless we pray enough at the altars of the McDungeons. Our only hope for salvation lies there.... prostrate yourselves before the McDungeons and pray! Pray they wow us unto deliverence! Bray praise bray, bray to the gods of sweet delicious ease & convenience and you shall recieve deliverance to the glorious pinnacles of McMMO heavens, as decreed in the designs of the holly trinity of gaming, the omnipotent masters of gaming awesomeness... PKC....:

The risk of Pantheon, or any other MMO startup releasing let alone succeeding, is just sooooooo great!

:smuggly::oops::cool:;):smart::oops:o_O:D:(:lumie::smuggly:;):cool::oops::emoji_couple_mm::emoji_family_mwg::emoji_helmet_with_cross::emoji_information_desk_person::emoji_laughing::emoji_kiss_ww::emoji_girl::emoji_family_mwg::emoji_disappointed_relieved::emoji_cloud_lightning::emoji_earth_americas::emoji_last_quarter_moon::emoji_poodle::emoji_fox::emoji_dolphin::emoji_fallen_leaf::emoji_ocean::emoji_egg::emoji_custard::emoji_kiwi::emoji_melon::emoji_tea::emoji_grapes::emoji_champagne::emoji_bath::emoji_headphones::emoji_snowboarder::emoji_ticket::emoji_performing_arts::emoji_football::emoji_convenience_store::emoji_construction::emoji_night_with_stars::emoji_oncoming_police_car::emoji_post_office::emoji_rice_scene::emoji_railway_track::emoji_fireworks::emoji_fuelpump::emoji_clipboard::emoji_card_index::emoji_floppy_disk::emoji_link::emoji_hammer_pick::emoji_incoming_envelope::emoji_books::emoji_file_folder::emoji_back::emoji_arrows_counterclockwise::emoji_arrow_upper_right::emoji_arrow_up::emoji_black_medium_small_square::emoji_clock3::emoji_eight_spoked_asterisk::emoji_clock9:

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
Yah, I know. It is hard to fight the good fight. An admitedly low effort on my part but I am certain the skeptics can take up the slack. Do not despair though: there is a meme library in the works the help the emoji challenged.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
You can't compare that though because gaming is so different to 1999. Back then an indie dev could be cutting edge, now they can't because gaming is dominated by huge corporations now. There are no indie games that look like GTA5 etc. Pantheon looks great for an indie game. The only issue with graphics are the animations and they will improve that. But this is never going to be a game for graphics whores, you can go play Black Desert for that, and a hundred others. This is a game for people who want certain gameplay. EQ is still alive thanks to those types of players, and it looks ancient compared to Pantheon. Also, most of the high level people in EQ are not EQ vets. I don't know how they ended up at the endgame in EQ, but they have never seen EQ Classic content or even early expansions.

Darkest Dungeon is an indie game, the graphics are cheap yet excellent for the game.

Pantheons graphics look like a joke, its like some bud light and redbull powers combined powered 13 year old went through the free models and animations in the unity store and combined them to the worst possible end.

Companies need to stop using "niche game" as an excuse for terrible graphics and a tiny target audience, that is not how it works. A shitty game is not niche, if you make a MMO that only appeals to 3k players, its not niche, its shit, and its being shut down asap.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider

There are some people in here that can't see the forest for the trees. They can't see their own total lack of objectivity regarding Pantheon because they are so emotionally invested in it. They rail against it and think they are being witty or insightful but they have the same mentality as the people who just scream "Mozz Sticks!" or "Oxy!" or "Fuzzy Trolls!". Anyone who doesn't invest the massive amount of negative emotional investment in it that they do is a shill, or whatever.

It doesn't matter to them that Pantheon only started advertisting for graphical artists and animators like 2-3 months ago.
Career | Visionary Realms
In their mind, an indie game with a shoestring budget should have AAAA (yup, thats four A's) graphics prior to even entering alpha. Seriously, its a crowd funded project with limited funding and limited graphical asset developers that is just approaching pre-alpha. Check your expectations at the door.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

The mountains shall echo with the roar of dirtbikes and our wallets will crumble into oxi dust! The foundational pillars gaming will crumble! and......​

...Unless!..... o_O

The criticism seems to make you butthurt tbh. I'll preface my spiel with this; Brad made mistakes and he regrets them more than we do. I feel for the guy and hope he succeeds.

It is repetitive as fuck to say, but the truth is that this game looks awful right now. Not graphically but the animations and perceived responsiveness. The bright spots are an incredibly powerful Unity system with modern tools to improve graphics, EQ-esque graphics and gameplay from videos, and the developers getting more money to improve.

Both sides of the argument have a right to voice here and if the same old shit gets you annoyed, is it fear of this being true what upsets you? Brad has a mountain to climb to make even an average game. The most valid criticisms are that they don't have the resources to make this game run well at any point. If animations are giving them issues for this long, how will they manage servers? They won't is the answer. It will be a giant clusterfuck unless they get a lot better and how long do they realistically have to do that? His money and time isn't unlimited no matter how many blind retards act like it is.

They wish they had to resources to be another WoW. Shitting on the best game of the past 20 years isn't going to change anything. Just because WoW morphed into a terrible game after owning the market for over a decade, doesn't make it inferior to a garage effort. Vanilla WoW was the upgrade SOE should have always made themselves.

:smuggly:

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Only retards think this game won't flop like a flat tire at 9000 RPM.

Its a real thigh slapper thinking some idiots might have invested money in this.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user