Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
The character animations are not from 2020, not from 2010 (Tera has better animation), not from 2000 (Wow has better animation), so maybe they bought the sprite from Ultima online and rendered them in 3D ?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
You guys remember when Brad completely bamboozled the heads of Microsoft who had given him 10s of millions of dollars with a fake version of Vanguard to show how complete it was. Yet you dolts actually think these guys couldn't fucking bamboozle you with vaporware clone bullshit in a stream.

I get it, you can never trust a company completely because it's always in their best interest to oversell a product, and I am not here advocating that any of you (us?) start tossing money at them, but what I am saying is that the core gameplay of Pantheon is demonstrably done and has been illustrated a multitude of times.

One of the streamers in the videos here (NickHots) is a guildie of mine who I've known for years and when he tells me it was legit, there was no smoke and mirrors involved w/ his stream, that it was fun and felt a lot like EQ I believe him.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I get it, you can never trust a company completely because it's always in their best interest to oversell a product, and I am not here advocating that any of you (us?) start tossing money at them, but what I am saying is that the core gameplay of Pantheon is demonstrably done and has been illustrated a multitude of times.

One of the streamers in the videos here (NickHots) is a guildie of mine who I've known for years and when he tells me it was legit, there was no smoke and mirrors involved w/ his stream, that it was fun and felt a lot like EQ I believe him.
Or... Vanguard was a CIA front to transfer wealth from... Vicodin and mozzarella sticks... Black helicopters.

Check and mate nerd.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Zaide who is known for making up fake world records in 20 year old game with his casual
Method wannabe guild trying to be the voice of trust and reason is hilarious.

No one but his gullible guild is buying into this bullshit ass game and it’s 1k Alpha that’s in what year now lol?

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
No one but his gullible guild is buying into this bullshit ass game and it’s 1k Alpha that’s in what year now lol?

In May of 2018 their CM stated they had about 1,000 people in Pre-Alpha testing. I can’t control whether or not people believe that number, but in any event it’s safe to assume the number of Pre-Alpha tier backers has only grown in the ensuing 21 months.

F72CADCC-6943-42CA-875C-7EDB9C193BBF.jpeg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You guys are the same dipshits buying snake oil. A sucker is born every minute and even after 7 years of pre-alpha nothing we still have ignorant mother fuckers trying to preach Pantheon. Fuck even Brad got sick of this shit and died.

iu

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

Finally a voice of reason.

Boozecube, you think about what you said.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
"Core gameplay of Pantheon is demonstrably done"

"voice of reason"

Not sure if the two of you know what demonstrably or even done mean.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I saw the mezzing mobs, gaining/taking aggro, mobs died, items were looted, shit "got climbed on".

Right?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I mean, that's pretty much the only thing that needs to exist in a game for it to be done. A small amount of climbing. Some mobs dying. One class being able to CC, and tanks being able to taunt.

Bellisimo VR. Fin. Not sure why it's still pre-alpha considering core gameplay is done.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah uh, that stuff IS done. They have more to do before alpha. Pre alpha has shown progress that indicates we are making it there.

Don't worry - things could be uncovered in larger alpha/beta tests that they can't solve. There's still hope for all the haters.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
C701E3AE-DA3C-4717-B633-5CDAC68C6BD9.jpeg

This is what happens when you make up being good and make up world firsts in EQ. You end up in a guild who is rank 164 on your REALM lolol

• 1Worf

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I mean, that's pretty much the only thing that needs to exist in a game for it to be done. A small amount of climbing. Some mobs dying. One class being able to CC, and tanks being able to taunt.

Bellisimo VR. Fin. Not sure why it's still pre-alpha considering core gameplay is done.

No one is saying it's done. I don't think it's going to be done for years. But the core gameplay is there. Every class planned for launch has been seen. It's not core features that appear to be absent it's quantity of content, animations, art assets.

This is how "Core Mechanics" are defined in Rules of Play: Game Design Fundamentals

"A game’s core mechanic contains the experiential building blocks of player interactivity. It represents the essential moment-to-moment activity of players, something that is repeated over and over throughout a game. During a game, core mechanics create patterns of behavior, which manifest as experience for players. The core mechanic is the essential nugget of game activity, the mechanism through which players make meaningful choices and arrive at a meaningful play experience."

It seems to me that this criteria is demonstrated in the many videos we've seen of Pantheon gameplay.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Zaide posts support for game and proven positives for it.

Various circle jerking haters try to tear him down.

"Just making fun of the game"

You're throwing shit at people as well. Stop trying to act like a victim.

I will always counter attack.

• 1Picard