Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rael

Golden Knight of the Realm
In case you missed the past month's update, they revealed Monk combat updates! Make note of the unity store bought npc assets (they were on sale for $4.99. Mr. Sox's money well spent I'd say)

You can compare this to the Monk gameplay from over 5 years ago.

Five years ago looks like an actual game, 2022 looks like someone fucking around with a demo in Unity...

1655378697254.png

I'm guessing 2022 Pantheon is an almost completely new team and codebase to what we used to see them playing with Brad & Cohh?

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Five years ago looks like an actual game, 2022 looks like someone fucking around with a demo in Unity...

View attachment 417451

I'm guessing 2022 Pantheon is an almost completely new team and codebase to what we used to see them playing with Brad & Cohh?

First screenshot I can kind of get away with, it's reminiscent of Vanguard.

Second one looks like someone zoomed in while playing Civilisation.

forehead

Trakanon Raider
Pantheon is the Benjamin Button of MMOs. In a couple more years it’ll just be a design doc on a napkin.

• 11Worf
  • 4Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 15 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Pantheon is the Benjamin Button of MMOs. In a couple more years it’ll just be a design doc on a napkin.

What started with a Vicodin fueled fever dream on a Dennys napkin at 3 am over a grand slam will end at a Perkins parking lot at 3 am. Sounds fitting and accurate.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Instead of podcast, Mr.Sox should make a video about the rise and fall of Pantheon. I'll totally watch that shenanigan.

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
I got an insider tip about Ashes.

Steven is about to sell it as they approach the release of RIOT MMO. Like Pantheon, they waited too long to hook the fans, and the fish got away. I don't know why people keep messaging me about this shit. I have known about the Riot MMO for at least two + years. What's going to suck is that steven will get mostly his money, mainly from the sale, and all those people will get stuck with worthless cosmetics that no one knows what they are for in the game.

Steven is not the owner; John is. John holds the purse strings in the relationship. Steven can be removed for any reason and at any time. Initially, it may not have been the case. But they failed to stay the course, and some crew jumped overboard while scrapping the ship's rutter across the ocean floor as the sharks approached.

He is up to his eyeballs in debt with a Vegas MLM guy. I have seen this happen too often in other industries like the Comic books, so I believe the story.

MMOs still can't make it without big comporations with deep pockets after 25 years.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I got an insider tip about Ashes.

Steven is about to sell it as they approach the release of RIOT MMO. Like Pantheon, they waited too long to hook the fans, and the fish got away. I don't know why people keep messaging me about this shit. I have known about the Riot MMO for at least two + years. What's going to suck is that steven will get mostly his money, mainly from the sale, and all those people will get stuck with worthless cosmetics that no one knows what they are for in the game.

He is up to his eyeballs in debt to the Vegas MLM guy. I have seen this happen to other industries like the Comic book industry, so I believe it.
Wouldnt this have been more useful in the AoC thread? Are you like.. locked to only the Pantheon thread? Xerge Xerge , how do you feel about this shit? lol

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
At this point, AOC is in a better place than Pantheon, and I was using this example to show people that the best-laid plans often go to waste. We are approaching an age where the mongoose has been dancing back and forth while the cobra waits patiently in the corner for him to get tired. Then the mongoose gets the fangs and the poison. The better properties will get gobbled to join the more prominent companies like Microsoft under s new umbrella policy, thus, stunning their game's true potential.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
The better properties will get gobbled to join the more prominent companies like Microsoft under s new umbrella policy, thus, stunning their game's true potential. Eventually, everyone sells out. The creativity and passion are there, but the money is not. You need all three. Remember, there are three sides to a triangle.

• 1Like

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
The Pantheon content creators tried to breathe life into the project like Embers adrift. M&M might make it with Clash of Clan graphics. The real sleeper, in my opinion, is Raid Shadow Legends. One of the best things WOW did was make the gameplay a cartoon. Why do you ask? Cartoons are timeless. Too many games get outdated because of the graphics in a few years.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The better properties will get gobbled to join the more prominent companies like Microsoft under s new umbrella policy, thus, stunning their game's true potential. Eventually, everyone sells out. The creativity and passion are there, but the money is not. You need all three. Remember, there are three sides to a triangle.

That's some insight you have there. Tell us more how MMORPG's are costly to develop and don't always make a return on their money. That's something nobody else has ever thought about before.

• 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users