Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are you guys serious? lol You can't honestly all feel that damn entitled that your throwing around the "06'ers, 14'ers" nonsense that a high school senior would do? (We're the class of 06...HELL YEAH MAN!!!)
Having no idea what we are even referring to (history of the 06'er legacy), I would just shut the fuck up.

Nobody_sl

shitlord
So something that's still stuck in my craw is a comment from a few pages back about how all this project needs is 8,000 backers at $100 a pop.

I'm looking at the number of backers and it's like 1.5x the population of P99 on a weekend. So, in all seriousness, are there even enough people who want this game to get it made? I mean we've all been saying for years how if they would just do another game right it would be awesome and we'd be all over it, but how many of "us" are there? Is it like a serious case of false consensus where it's literally just 2,000 people thinking everyone feels the same way?

Any thoughts?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not for nothing, but I'm glad we have all these new people. They've brought a lot of new energy to the MMO threads.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Are you guys serious? lol You can't honestly all feel that damn entitled that your throwing around the "06'ers, 14'ers" nonsense that a high school senior would do? (We're the class of 06...HELL YEAH MAN!!!)
I have to hand it to you Trathos. In the sea of retard that is the Pantheon KS comments page, you my friend, are the white whale.

rrr_img_57498.jpg

Tol_sl

shitlord
M Night Shamanyanlanan ending where after waking up in a community of trolls and taking a stand to end their shenanigans, Trathos looks in the mirror and realizes thathe was the troll all along.And also, a ghost. Ghost-troll.

Aeiouy_sl

shitlord
This is supposed to be a classic MMO. It should be Keaton or nothing, not this Christian Bale bullshit
Clooney is Vanguard I guess. Or Clooney/Kilmer.

I actually threw in $45 last night even though I have huge issues with what happened with Vanguard. People can do what they want but the release of a Michael keeton class causing people to lose their shit is a really odd trigger point.

As for the project, reading through all this, I saw some people talking about restarts and do overs or contingencies.

I strongly believe if this ks does not fund the project is dead. People involved have pressures on them will likely cause them to split up, really before they got started.

Clearly they are at the very, very beginning of development and this seems to be a big problem to some or has morphed into one. Doesn't really bother me at this point, as I think it is really interesting to see the very raw beginning of the process. The truth is we rarely , if ever, are even aware of a game at this point in development.

As for this forum, it seems like a lot of people are eager for this to happen but are now freaking out because the developers are not doing what they tell them to do. Even though I believe most people here will admit just running around catering to each user is a horrible way to develop a game, they still want to be the exception. I also don't really get why people are upset about being brought in at the literal beginning of the process and wish the game was ready to start alpha. Yet they want to have input on everything.

When I first went to check fohguild less than a week ago just to check on what was going on in mmogs because I had not paid attention for a while, and it took me to the ks, I lost my mind. I thought it was absurd and ridiculous that brad was making a game. Personally I had invested a ton of time and energy into the vanguard development and beta. I ran a fan site and I felt pretty screwed and let down.

Yet reading this thread I was able to let that go. Even though halflings are too far away, I still kicked in. Even though I really only pvp now and pvp is far off, I still kicked in.

There is probably no player who had more resentment over vanguard than me, outside of Minnesota. People can say and do what they like, I just think some people have gotten too close and are flipping out. I know little about ks. I have gotten educated while reading this thread and other sites. I do know that is essentially a brand new medium and there is certainly no one right way to use it. I am not wowed by what they have done. They could have been 5000% more prepared. However this is a group of game developers, not a full studio with non developers there to manage a lot of this other stuff, so it is not terribly surprising.

I just think reading this thread over a few days and seeng some of the personalities flip circles is a little cray cray.

I really just wonder where the pcgamer stuff is. I don't have a problem with them doing interviews to release information as it can still get people's attention to actually come to the site. However if the interviews don't come out, it can really screw up their entire timeline. I am not convinced you need a massive information dump day 1. I also don't think if they had put "Michael Keaton will be able to use Summon Shadows to call forth a deadly companion to fight by their side.", that it would have lit social media on fire.

Back on topic I heard Michael Keaton took over for George Clooney in the movie Jack Frost.

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
It was the 05'ers that was the massive clusterfuck back in the day. I got posting access at that time but waited like two years before posting to not be associated with that mess.

Trathos_sl

shitlord
Having no idea what we are even referring to (history of the 06'er legacy), I would just shut the fuck up.
Ok. I'll do just that o mighty one. It's now apparent that this thread is a complete and utter waste of my time. People would rather focus on attacking someone on something so miniscule as to when they actually joined a forum over answering questions to what the forum was originally dedicated to in the first place. You can have it.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So something that's still stuck in my craw is a comment from a few pages back about how all this project needs is 8,000 backers at $100 a pop.

I'm looking at the number of backers and it's like 1.5x the population of P99 on a weekend. So, in all seriousness, are there even enough people who want this game to get it made? I mean we've all been saying for years how if they would just do another game right it would be awesome and we'd be all over it, but how many of "us" are there? Is it like a serious case of false consensus where it's literally just 2,000 people thinking everyone feels the same way?

Any thoughts?
I honestly think there is a market for this game. This is why I have pledged to the project. I think all of the criticism (some over the top, yes) all boils down to the KS pitch. MANY on this forum want a game like this to be successful. The shoddy way it has been thrown together is what has everyone up in arms. Supposedly this KS has been in the works since September and here we are in mid Jan for the release. Look at the state of it. It's staggering how their Team came up with this. Especially when you compare it to complete novice to the industry pitches from other KS projects.

I just cannot accept that this was not better prepared given the timeframe.

TLDR: We are angry because we want this to be a success. With the effort that has been shown, its never going to happen.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Ok. I'll do just that o mighty one. It's now apparent that this thread is a complete and utter waste of my time. People would rather focus on attacking someone on something so miniscule as to when they actually joined a forum over answering questions to what the forum was originally dedicated to in the first place. You can have it.
Like I said, some thin skinned asshole.

Let the door and a bus hit you on the way out.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah If I remember right they let the floodgates open around the end of 04 to 05 for a while. Before then the foh community was basically on lockdown. They wanted to let in some of the wow dudes/fresh members if I remember right, since we were pretty much all jaded EQ fucks.

<--- Also one of the OGs mothafuckas!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Anyone find Brad's comment earlier a little reminiscent of The Vision (TM)? He said something like, "And we see this won't be for everyone," seemingly in response to all the negative feedback on the DK naming. That sounds to me like him turtling up. I hope he doesn't begin to think the critics are just people not meant for the game he wants to make.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Any thoughts?
That was my question. I'm a damn proud 06'er so you guys might have a point. Even though I watched the forums earlier as well. Just didn't have anything to add back then. Now, I just throw my shit around, lol.

Edit- Trathos knows less about this community than Brad does about what classes are in Pantheon lol.

Aeiouy_sl

shitlord
I'll bite.
I think if the KS fails or is pulled down and Brad goes manic and crawls into a hole (as in disappears, stops talking/tweeting/posting), then pretty much everyone will lose respect for him.
However, I think as long as he stays in communication with "us" (fans, backers, whatever), it won't be that bad. I'd still support him. Communication, as in "Ok all of us at VR have been talking and we think we can do this so much better but we need more time. We believe that you guys deserve the best possible game we can create blah blah blah. Now we understand better how this works blah blah blah blah".

The "kickstarter to kickstart Pantheon" is such a great idea. I mean, ok set the goal low but enough to where it covers the cost of your team members producing some rough draft of a piece of the game, etc (some of the best KS I've seen have a video of someone playing a rough version and saying things like "if this KS is funded, we'd like to improve X").
Also, in this initial "Kickstarter to kickstart Pantheon", as a reward for being a backer, SEND ME A PANTHEON WRIST BAND!
Make 1000 wristbands for like $180!
Then while VR is preparing for the "real" kickstarter, all the backers are sporting Pantheon wristbands, creating buzz around town lol
OK well, my point is, it depends on how this is handled, but I think most of the people who have pulled their pledges or changed their tunes still desperately want to believe in Brad and Pantheon. They just need a good, solid reason.
I would be really surprised if there was more time to be had. I think it starts in February or it does not happen.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Clooney is Vanguard I guess. Or Clooney/Kilmer.

I actually threw in $45 last night even though I have huge issues with what happened with Vanguard. People can do what they want but the release of a Michael keeton class causing people to lose their shit is a really odd trigger point.

As for the project, reading through all this, I saw some people talking about restarts and do overs or contingencies.

I strongly believe if this ks does not fund the project is dead. People involved have pressures on them will likely cause them to split up, really before they got started.

Clearly they are at the very, very beginning of development and this seems to be a big problem to some or has morphed into one. Doesn't really bother me at this point, as I think it is really interesting to see the very raw beginning of the process. The truth is we rarely , if ever, are even aware of a game at this point in development.

As for this forum, it seems like a lot of people are eager for this to happen but are now freaking out because the developers are not doing what they tell them to do. Even though I believe most people here will admit just running around catering to each user is a horrible way to develop a game, they still want to be the exception. I also don't really get why people are upset about being brought in at the literal beginning of the process and wish the game was ready to start alpha. Yet they want to have input on everything.

When I first went to check fohguild less than a week ago just to check on what was going on in mmogs because I had not paid attention for a while, and it took me to the ks, I lost my mind. I thought it was absurd and ridiculous that brad was making a game. Personally I had invested a ton of time and energy into the vanguard development and beta. I ran a fan site and I felt pretty screwed and let down.

Yet reading this thread I was able to let that go. Even though halflings are too far away, I still kicked in. Even though I really only pvp now and pvp is far off, I still kicked in.

There is probably no player who had more resentment over vanguard than me, outside of Minnesota. People can say and do what they like, I just think some people have gotten too close and are flipping out. I know little about ks. I have gotten educated while reading this thread and other sites. I do know that is essentially a brand new medium and there is certainly no one right way to use it. I am not wowed by what they have done. They could have been 5000% more prepared. However this is a group of game developers, not a full studio with non developers there to manage a lot of this other stuff, so it is not terribly surprising.

I just think reading this thread over a few days and seeng some of the personalities flip circles is a little cray cray.

I really just wonder where the pcgamer stuff is. I don't have a problem with them doing interviews to release information as it can still get people's attention to actually come to the site. However if the interviews don't come out, it can really screw up their entire timeline. I am not convinced you need a massive information dump day 1. I also don't think if they had put "Michael Keaton will be able to use Summon Shadows to call forth a deadly companion to fight by their side.", that it would have lit social media on fire.

Back on topic I heard Michael Keaton took over for George Clooney in the movie Jack Frost.
good post.. Loved the Minnesota reference!

I think what people have been saying is there is a successful way to do this. I don't think the team should run in a 100 directions to appease us. We have examples of successful kickstarters. They aren't following the path that has worked and so far their direction isn't working. Being Mr. Optimistic, I'm hoping they are very confident with the info they have not put out. They have plenty of time to right this ship.

Orsenfelt_sl

shitlord

Any thoughts?
It's hard to tell. I think there is certainly a population of people who don't play on P1999 but still want the game, I'm one of those people. I think P1999 is cool but I don't get the same feeling I do from any MMO, for some reason I don't get that buzz of being part of a currently evolving and active thing. Also though I think there is quite a reasonably sized displaced MMO population, many of them might never have played EQ but they know nothing out there currently clicks for them. Or all the people who play EQ to this day just because they are hooked on keeping up with the times, SOE would shut it down if there wasn't a few tens of thousands of those wouldn't they?