Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
So I guess we are forever doomed with the presence of WoWHead and video strats from here on out.

Second question, how many eight balls does $800k buy?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Ut, you just got a new pledge! Can I hear moar please? I'm glad it wasn't a black bear because those interfere with the kind of background scenery I enjoy in these games. It affects my immersion.
rrr_img_58495.jpg

What about the polar bears
frown.png

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Absolutely impossible. Playing the game and writing shit down is data mining and since everyone and their mother is going to be in alpha and beta, everything that was playable would be well known by the time an actual release occurred. Even original EQ, after a little while, had tons of information available online.

The only way to have some unknown is to have random/dynamic elements (but even those would probably have a pattern). One reason Storybricks could be cool for EQN (big question there, though).
know how to dunk on storybricks at a fraction of the price? project M.

Slacker242

Lord Nagafen Raider
I call bullshit on 75% blame being on Brad and how this KS was delivered. His team could have put together a far superior KS presentation and still not made the number. Pantheon is not just a niche game. Games like Pantheon are a niche of niche games.

Nostalgia here seems to trump the reality that there are so few gamers who give a rats ass about a game in the spirit of EQ. Wait.. there are 2,065 of you.

I hope he just changes tactics and makes a little game for a few $$ and has some fun. I will play.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Yes, and I really love the EQ1 allusions. It all just keeps pointing in the right direction for me.
Copying the EQ copied AD&D races and classes is a good idea. The design hints have been good, if super generic.

I think the reveals are a bit silly. All of this should have been up on day 1. I'm still waiting for a Pantheon Official website to be put up with their team, goals, and more importantly game information in an easy, concise manner.

The P2W arguments are stupid. This is a niche game built on catering to both casual and hardcore types. At the end of the day adding bonus items based on contributions may offend your sense of MMO 'honor', but the guy has to pay the bills and it won't really effect the overall game anymore than gold resellers or Asian dirt merchants affected EQ. It's one of the smarter moves he's made.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can't wait till brad takes all your money spends it on drugs and goes belly up files for bankruptcy and the same fanboys for schillings start crying tears of shame and distrust again. Brad interviewing with the p99 dev doesn't strike every fucking alarm in your pea brain just get ripped of like the fucking tool you are.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Can't wait till brad takes all your money spends it on drugs and goes belly up files for bankruptcy and the same fanboys for schillings start crying tears of shame and distrust again. Brad interviewing with the p99 dev doesn't strike every fucking alarm in your pea brain just get ripped of like the fucking tool you are.
i think its a win/win. one of two things will happen.. either A) he makes the game and i play it or B) it fails and we get something else to bullshit about for another decade. im down with either.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
rrr_img_58495.jpg

What about the polar bears
frown.png
Only if I play the Halasnosians(NEW RACE GUYS!). Then we can talk about polar bears. The Halasnosians are a people of the north with some ancestral roots with the humans. They fell from Barbarianania and set up their capital city of Eternia. Champions of justice and lifelong enemies of all that is bad, you can play these guys for just the low price of adding another $20 to our KS. Thanks guys!

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Right, so you bring up an example for something you never experienced. If there was anything like a GW2 cash shop in Pantheon, it would be terrible. I swear half of GW2 dev time is spent on doing things to make the cash shop more attractive.
If you count the bi-weekly updates a big commercial for the new chash shop weapons/gimmicks it's probably closing in on 90%...

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Brad won't get any money. Just not enough interest in an eq type game. I wish it would though.

And people posting "oh watch brad snort up your money" wtf? You act like we are 14 and $45-100 bucks means jack shit. Fuck if I knew I could give brad $100 and he promised to do it in one big rail I would do it.

Hell maybe I'd throw in a bottle of scotch too!

Some whiney broke people here.