Parent Thread

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Yeah, we absolutely refused to lay with them while they fall asleep, but all our kids have been pretty good about sleep, with one exception. my fourth child didn't stay in his bed without getting up a couple times for ages. It got to a point where he had nothing in his room except his bed and his dresser. He got pretty sick of that. But all the other kids love sleeping. Always have.

Edit: I'll dabble NoodleWife. Give her my number.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ryanz

<Banned>
Will be taking 12 weeks off of work. Will check into FSR as much as I can. Not sure what to expect, the whole having a kid thing is completely foreign to me.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Will be taking 12 weeks off of work. Will check into FSR as much as I can. Not sure what to expect, the whole having a kid thing is completely foreign to me.

Lack of sleep, lot of piss and poop. But fun times

• 1Solidarity

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It'll go by pretty fast. Try to write stuff down/take pics cause you won't remember shit later :)

Also, pretty much the only advice (besides the above?) I give is to as much as possible, sleep when the baby sleeps. At least one of you anyhow. And don't worry to much, you'll get the hang of it pretty fast.

• 1Solidarity

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
T minus 7 days until I become a father. What have I done? :p
It’ll be easy, people who claim how hard it is are pussies tbh. You will be bored as fuck 3 days in, playing Xbox and watching daytime TV

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My 3 year old daughter has had horrible times sleeping since birth. When she was younger, she would get so upset when we left the room that she'd puke. It's hard to believe that a 1 year old can manipulate via puking, but the thought did cross my mind. And even now, when she's older, she'll wake up in the middle of the night and be so upset over something that she'll puke. No idea the cure, as she goes to sleep/bed fine, but she gets up multiple times a night yelling for us, and maybe 2-3 times a week she gets up in a fit so bad she will puke if we can't calm her down fast enough. Weird stuff.

Crone

It’ll be easy, people who claim how hard it is are pussies tbh. You will be bored as fuck 3 days in, playing Xbox and watching daytime TV
Lol wife got mad at me with our first son, because I'd play games during the day while watching him. I'm like what? He can't crawl or really move at all yet, and he would fall asleep on blankies next to my computer desk on the floor. Was good times. She soon realized that it's all good, and she was binge watching shows in no time with my son. Now 3 kids in, it's a bit different.

Wife is a freakin' bad ass, and let's me sleep during the week. Weekends, or whenever I'm "working" from home, I wake up with the 8 month old, and let the wife sleep until 10-11am lol. It's a pretty good system, because she's up with the babies every night.

• 1Solidarity

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
They often are, luckily mine is strong. She went in once and took away a night light when they didn't get it right away. They kept crying, she went and said "I will take away your bear, your blanket, and everything you love GO TO SLEEP" and they instantly quieted down and went to sleep.

You got yourself an alpha wife. Nice.

My wife don't have friends. Anybody want to take her out .????
I'm not sure. Any pics around? Request is worthless without pics.

On topic, we had similar problems where the 2yo just keeps asking for stuff. Drinking, one of the stuffed animals is missing, asking to sleep in mommy's bed, whatever. We think it's a sign that she's just not tired enough.
Usually I keep telling her that I won't come again. Every time.
Yeah I'm weak like that sometimes.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Kid still took an hour to sleep last night and woke up middle of the night, but it was an improvement. I watched my wife handle it on the baby monitor and noticed the fatal flaw

"Ok I'm leaving good night"

"It's ok.. I'll check in on 5 minutes"

"Ok let's check for bugs"

"Ok why don't you get into bed"

"I can't sleep.in here"

Repeat for.5 minutes until I see my wife laying on the floor.

I wanted to run up and go "you said you were leaving, just leave!"

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Last night was our second night of me not being in the room until he fell asleep. I did the usual bed time routine, put him in bed and said I had to go do work. Thew a little tantrum, wife got him in back in bed, I went to check on him in 5 minutes, then more minutes, then 15 more, then 20 more, after that he fell asleep. Slept through the night and woke up at 5:53 am. That seems to be working with him so far.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
My 3 year old daughter has had horrible times sleeping since birth. When she was younger, she would get so upset when we left the room that she'd puke. It's hard to believe that a 1 year old can manipulate via puking, but the thought did cross my mind. And even now, when she's older, she'll wake up in the middle of the night and be so upset over something that she'll puke. No idea the cure, as she goes to sleep/bed fine, but she gets up multiple times a night yelling for us, and maybe 2-3 times a week she gets up in a fit so bad she will puke if we can't calm her down fast enough. Weird stuff.
Dude, my daughter would puke wheb she cried up until 3. Was terrible. Got so much vomit directly on me or in my face trying to comfort her. So

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
One of my 3 will puke if he cries for awhile, but luckily he is the one that loves sleep. Drop him in his crib, and he is turned over with his but in the air before you can turn around.

The other boy will sometimes cry for a few minutes, but more whining than actual full blown crying. He then settles down and goes to sleep. He is the one that will sometimes wake in the middle of the night, but it’s pretty rare and even when he does he cries for like 60 seconds and goes back to sleep.

Our girl will just sit down in her crib, blow kisses and wave bye when I put her down for bed. She will usually play with a stuffed animal for a few minutes and roll around in the crib, but basically never cries.

When they wake up in the morning they basically never cry, they just yell and stomp around.

Crone

Dude, my daughter would puke wheb she cried up until 3. Was terrible. Got so much vomit directly on me or in my face trying to comfort her. So
I'm sorry bro. Feels a little good that I'm not the only one that has gone through it.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I have 2 kids now, and the first 3 months of a kids life really suck. Maybe not 3, but at least 2. All they do is eat, sleep, piss, shit & cry. Your entire job as a parent is just to keep them alive, and that's it. It wouldn't bother me at all if I missed 100% of those first 2 months. Kids start to develop a personality around 3 months, though. The switch in their head turns on. Suddenly they go from slabs of meat that complain all the time into real people with personalities. That's when the fun begins.

EDIT: Also, each kid has its own differences. My daughter loved sitting in a rocking crib thing that vibrates. She would happily sit there all day, as long as we rocked her (or a Fisher Price swing). My son, on the other hand, wants to be held. Not just held, though. He screams if we only hold him. Instead, he wants to be held and walked around. It's a real pain in the ass. I can't really accomplish anything around him, because he only wants to be held while walking. It's nice when he sleeps because we get some peace at that point, but he doesn't sleep nearly enough. And he doesn't sleep "deeply" at all. He's a cat napper that is very adamant about if he's not sleeping, neither are you.

Aside from that, there's baby puking (spitting up). My daughter only ever spit up maybe 2-3 times total in her young life. This doesn't include real vomit when she was on solid food, but actual breast milk spitting up. She had a great stomach (still does, except scallops are her kryptonite).
Then there's the boy. He spits up 3-4 times every fucking day. We go through tons of towels cleaning it all off. A few onesies when we don't notice it quick enough (he spits up in his sleep). He's a fucking monster. I can't wait for this stage to end.
On the up side, he screams, but not with a lot of volume. He's maybe only around 60% of the sound level that my daughter used to be. Her scream was extremely high-pitched also. It would physically hurt my ears. He cries hard, but not loud. It's much more bearable. So that's a bonus.

Last edited: