Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Since this is my first time playing as well, I was pretty lost on some of the previous league mechanics. I just watched this, and while it still comes from the perspective of someone that knows what they are doing, it helped quite a bit in clearing up stuff that I had encountered in the game, but had no idea how to really do.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
How are other brand players dealing with single target? I have Vaal Righteous Fire but it still leaves some dead time. I'm thinking a 4L of Vaal Storm Call or Ball Lightning. Any other suggestions?

Also not sure how to slot in arcane surge. It's really tempting to link it to recall but that also feels like a waste of my shield slot which is Magna Eclipsis.

Otherwise, been extremely enjoying the playstyle. It's autobomber enough and flame dash plus quicksilver seem good enough at this point. It's nice to not have to deal with pathing or attack speed issues with melee movement skills. Just can't help but think I should use fortify.

Aying elementalist. Bonuses from heiro didn't seem like enough and I want to go LL occultist eventually.
I'm using consecrated path with fortify and tend to use it more for moving between packs than just flame dash. I have surge bound into dash and recall. Then I of course macro'd my keyboard to do consecrated path, delay, recall so I can be lazy.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Feel the burnout settling in early this league will probably pick it back up once they adjust Delve and Syndicate cluster fucks since the one shotting from visual clutter is just not that enjoyable.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Want to do CoC, was going to level as blade vortex or storm orb (the new blade vortex thing), then go cyclone...

Is there anything better to use as the CoC trigger?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Chris just wanted to give all the new players a chance to experience what we went through with Invasion and Bloodlines.

Doesnt compare to Invasion. These guys are at least on the screen when they one shot you.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Seems like void battery not too bad to make in ssf with einhar unique wand recipe?

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
Want to do CoC, was going to level as blade vortex or storm orb (the new blade vortex thing), then go cyclone...

Is there anything better to use as the CoC trigger?
Power Siphon/Barrage are popular. Power Siphons utility is bonkers as you get up to 8 free proj and 2 means of power charge generation AND inherent crit chance on power charge FOR power siphon. However for single target barrage is going to outperform it. For clear ans tankier builds, groundslam is very good and was used back in the day for the Mathil CoCSlam build.

Several shaper 2hands have lvl 20 CoC built in as well as other VERY helpful mods (fortify on hit, free movement skills, etc). I have two CoC chars atm one Power Siphon the other Cyclone. The Inq wander destroys ae content, but has major survival issues. My 2h CoC jugg does less damage but has much, much better survival.

Both are builds of my own creation so I'm still optimizing them. I'll post a highlight if they get to the "good+" stage. So far my wander is 0-2 vs Yellow Elder so it's looking like Jugg Lyfe for me.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
How are other brand players dealing with single target? I have Vaal Righteous Fire but it still leaves some dead time. I'm thinking a 4L of Vaal Storm Call or Ball Lightning. Any other suggestions?

Also not sure how to slot in arcane surge. It's really tempting to link it to recall but that also feels like a waste of my shield slot which is Magna Eclipsis.

Otherwise, been extremely enjoying the playstyle. It's autobomber enough and flame dash plus quicksilver seem good enough at this point. It's nice to not have to deal with pathing or attack speed issues with melee movement skills. Just can't help but think I should use fortify.

Aying elementalist. Bonuses from heiro didn't seem like enough and I want to go LL occultist eventually.

I know uberelite uses a lightning trap in his helm for single target. And yeah he respeced to inquis as you don't have to use lightning pen gem with it. Hiero is good as a starter though.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Worth the watch

I understand that when I explode it's almost certainly my fault but without a death recap I often have absolutely zero idea what happened. Tell me how much damage I took in the last couple of seconds by each ability name as well as the damage type(s) and how much I was overkilled by. That way I've got something to start with when I seek to improve. The Syndicate is especially rough in that regard.

edit - ah, I didn't see he died to a hand slap. I grew to despise that fucking thing.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I know uberelite uses a lightning trap in his helm for single target. And yeah he respeced to inquis as you don't have to use lightning pen gem with it. Hiero is good as a starter though.
Lightning trap or Lightning Spire trap? I used a spire trap while leveling and the trap throwing speed was just abysmal.

Janx Janx doesn't that prevent you from being able to support recall with Empower?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I'd be down for sure. Not sure i've ever actually done MP in it. Mostly just slammed my dick in a vice and learned the hard way.
BoozeCube BoozeCube

Was thinking about starting a new toon tomorrow and grinding out the day.

Prolly 7:30am CST if I do.

Also helps to have nice gear at the low levels. Should be able to finish the story with most "starter" builds and access to guild stash

I'm game

Raes

Vyemm Raider
If you want to put the Syndicate rape train on hold you need to just complete whatever pops until a lab shows up, then don't do that. The different types are on a rotation, once you get the lab instance and don't do it, it will stay on that, and you won't have to worry about forts or transpo or intervention.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah gettin pretty tired of these one shots....that I can't see. Looks pretty and all but yeah it is frustrating that literally every boss encounter in this game is easier than the syndicate in a t14 red map with 1 damage mod lol.

Jim Russel

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you want to put the Syndicate rape train on hold you need to just complete whatever pops until a lab shows up, then don't do that. The different types are on a rotation, once you get the lab instance and don't do it, it will stay on that, and you won't have to worry about forts or transpo or intervention.

This is how ive made it to through white maps on hardcore.