Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Owlcat: when in doubt on how to design encounters just make everything take a 19-20 to hit. Just fought some named demon at level 7 that had +41 to hit and 30 ac. Combat in this game is the most uninteresting shit in the world, and this is only on Core. I guess this is their brilliant design answer to their brilliant design decision to let players multiclass and get a billion AC which forces you to also make these stupid melee (shes a witch!) characters.

Dont even try to make a mounted character without micromanaging every tiny little thing or the AI just breaks. Fucking terrible game that could be fun if you could just convert it to a different tabletop system that isnt completely bonkers broken.

or be good at gaming.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I don't mind games like this, even if they are min/maxing games. The types of games that I hate like this are MMO's, where you have to be at the top of your game, otherwise you aren't having any fun. It's either that, or you derive your fun from somewhere else in the game.

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya I've taken a few days of working late etc and im not fucking any guild over by not grinding and maxing some faction. There's no economy to stay ahead of.

No monthly sub, I'll play it as long or longer than some wow clone.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Seems like Regill spends most of the fights trying to intimidate. Is there some way to change that? He seems kind of useless which is a shame for an interesting NPC.

Uh you should be giving him commands to do things? He's in your party right?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Did you right click demoralize at some point or set it to auto some how? If I tell someone to attack it is all they do. See what's turned on also in your abilities tray? Might be some kind of dazzling display type thing toggled on?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Finally got to the attack on Drezen, and it's awesome, except for the wonky camera.

I've not had a buggy camera in any earlier portion of the game, but Jesus Christ it's annoying. I think it has something to do with the archers and catapults bombarding your party. Seems to have sort of fixed itself after I cleared the walls and I'm marching on the keep.

Just wondered if anybody else noticed that or had the same issue.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Yeah it's an issue. You just have to wrestle with it.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Finally got to the attack on Drezen, and it's awesome, except for the wonky camera.

I've not had a buggy camera in any earlier portion of the game, but Jesus Christ it's annoying. I think it has something to do with the archers and catapults bombarding your party. Seems to have sort of fixed itself after I cleared the walls and I'm marching on the keep.

Just wondered if anybody else noticed that or had the same issue.
Yeah, it's a pain in the ass around the "gate"/wall areas. The other part of Drezen is fine though and some of the fights were a real PITA - which I loved.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i've had camera issues with pretty much any map that has sharp changes in verticality which sort of makes sense in places like drezen since there's buildings that mess with the camera's "placement" but then there are cliffside maps where the camera just spazes out despite there being nothing really in the camera's way, it just can't seem to reconcile where it is vs where i am.

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Did you right click demoralize at some point or set it to auto some how? If I tell someone to attack it is all they do. See what's turned on also in your abilities tray? Might be some kind of dazzling display type thing toggled on?
Yeah I was looking for that and didn't see anything turned on. I will defintely look again.

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
Speaking of camera issues: goddamn I hate the city in Act 4. Who the fuck thought that was a good design?

Sure, I get that it's supposed to be all demonic and Planescape-y, but for fuck's sake Owlcat. It's a pain in the dick to navigate, I'm constantly rotating the camera just to get the map to update to where I need to go, and it's so horribly optimized that I'm only getting 30-40 fps regardless of my graphics settings (on a 3080 TI, no less).

Plus, because you need to backtrack across the different tiers of the city for almost every single little quest, it's a non-stop issue. Watching a bridge slowly float into place is a cute visual gimmick the first time, but really obnoxious by the fifteenth time. I suppose the various fast-travel portals help a bit, but they only unlock once you get the coins. I bought every single Dimension Door scroll I could find on every vendor in town, and it's still a tedious hassle just to get around the map and do things.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I kind of like all the build nuance and min maxing. Its alot of fun for me to sit there and go through them and use them. Though the game to me is still challenging even on normal I get wiped by some of the mini bosses if I'm not being ocd about all the buffs and keeping haste up and pausing.

Whats best eeasiest way to keep haste up 24/7 midgame?

• 1Like

Burns

I kind of like all the build nuance and min maxing. Its alot of fun for me to sit there and go through them and use them. Though the game to me is still challenging even on normal I get wiped by some of the mini bosses if I'm not being ocd about all the buffs and keeping haste up and pausing.

Whats best eeasiest way to keep haste up 24/7 midgame?

You cant keep the haste spell up up 24/7 unless you are a ~level 16+ lich on top of a pure arcane caster (Wizard, Sorc, Arcanist). That caster would also need extended spell meta on the haste spell and the mythic spell feats that make 5+ min spells last 24h.

A worse option is that there are a few weapons that grant the wearer the Haste effect. I think it is the Speed affix, but it only works for attacks with that weapon (and doesn't stack).

There are a couple mods that will auto cast buffs for you and it may be able to queue up haste at the start of combat. I have never used it, but was tempted to learn when I got to end game Angel and needing to cast ~30 buffs after every rest.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

B_Mizzle

You cant keep the haste spell up up 24/7 unless you are a ~level 16+ lich on top of a pure arcane caster (Wizard, Sorc, Arcanist). That caster would also need extended spell meta on the haste spell and the mythic spell feats that make 5+ min spells last 24h.

A worse option is that there are a few weapons that grant the wearer the Haste effect. I think it is the Speed affix, but it only works for attacks with that weapon (and doesn't stack).

There are a couple mods that will auto cast buffs for you and it may be able to queue up haste at the start of combat. I have never used it, but was tempted to learn when I got to end game Angel and needing to cast ~30 buffs after every rest.

Thabks for the buffbot tip, yeah I'm gonna use that because buffing all the time is time consuming. So for the haste just pop it manually when I think ill need it?

Burns

Thabks for the buffbot tip, yeah I'm gonna use that because buffing all the time is time consuming. So for the haste just pop it manually when I think ill need it?

It should last 1 whole fight, once you get to level 8+. You can evaluate fight by fight, if you want it or not, or just stack more classes that can cast it and have enough casts to make it to your next needed rest.

Shmoopy

111 hours to finish as Normal difficulty Slayer Deliverer on Angel Mythic path. Angel is pretty damn good. Party wide buffs, immunities, and AC bonuses are great. Would probably be better on a dedicated caster / healer though.

I had 2 Slayer Deliverer archers, 2 Monks tanks with Rogue dips, Sylvan Sorcerer buff bot, Nature Cleric buff/heal bot, and 2 Leopard Pets. Basically insane cleave party with 4 really good tanks, but no real touch-attacker or offensive caster. A couple boss fights were tough but anything else was over in seconds as shit imploded on screen from auto-attacks. The tanks AC were such that mobs besides bosses could barely hit them. The Leopard pets had easily had higher AC than the tanks without barding.

^ This would likely not a be viable setup above Normal though I'm guessing.

Will definitely do another run after some patches, balancing, and expansions. Only complaint is they really need to make armor tanks viable. Had to bench mine.

Minor spoiler of choices when closing the world wound. 111 hours to get this pic. ;)

Untitled-1.jpg

Oh one more thing about "post end game" optional fight:

Has anyone beaten Deskari when following him into the Abyss? (like after you beat the game, not the first time you kill him) I tried it once and you definitely need to know its gonna happen. You cannot save and buff either before it starts (as far as i can tell). ;(

Having a hard time finding references even to it on YouTube or Reddit.

Last edited:
  • 1Seriously?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Damn. This game has made me make some fucked up decisions just to keep characters around. Normally I'd have axed them, but after all the investment in leveling and gearing I don't want to have to figure out a valid upgrade path for the rejects I am not using.

Spoilered for those that don't know how some of the companion quests can potentially end.

Camellia - guess I'll keep Lady Dexter around despite her literally being a lying, manipulative, chaotic evil mass murderer!

Lann - I'd feel sad about not letting him sacrifice himself for the mongrels, if I didn't get literally the same result just by telling him that I don't want him to die. Felt bad when he whined about my not trusting him, but fuck giving up one of my major ranged dps units just so he can feel like he had a purpose in life.

Wenduag - avoided killing her a couple of times, but then still ended up offing her anyway. Maybe I could have kept her alive by just not bringing her to that house in the abyss, but I wasn't using her anyway. I did spend like 30 mins leveling her up though before I took her in...just to have her immediately turn on me! That's why I just left her dead, fuck her.

Daeran - well, I murdered a bunch of innocent inquisitors simply because I didn't want to try to figure out how to make Sosiel a decent healer.

The things we do for laziness!

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

B_Mizzle

Damn. This game has made me make some fucked up decisions just to keep characters around. Normally I'd have axed them, but after all the investment in leveling and gearing I don't want to have to figure out a valid upgrade path for the rejects I am not using.

Spoilered for those that don't know how some of the companion quests can potentially end.

Camellia - guess I'll keep Lady Dexter around despite her literally being a lying, manipulative, chaotic evil mass murderer!

Lann - I'd feel sad about not letting him sacrifice himself for the mongrels, if I didn't get literally the same result just by telling him that I don't want him to die. Felt bad when he whined about my not trusting him, but fuck giving up one of my major ranged dps units just so he can feel like he had a purpose in life.

Wenduag - avoided killing her a couple of times, but then still ended up offing her anyway. Maybe I could have kept her alive by just not bringing her to that house in the abyss, but I wasn't using her anyway. I did spend like 30 mins leveling her up though before I took her in...just to have her immediately turn on me! That's why I just left her dead, fuck her.

Daeran - well, I murdered a bunch of innocent inquisitors simply because I didn't want to try to figure out how to make Sosiel a decent healer.

The things we do for laziness!

Apparently there is an evil playthrough going as the swarm/locust, where you either kill or remove all the companions, you end up as a solo making clones of yourself to fill out the party. Game definitely has some great variation in the playthroughs. This may be the first RPG since ff7 that I'm planning on a second playthrough.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users