Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Apparently there is an evil playthrough going as the swarm/locust, where you either kill or remove all the companions, you end up as a solo making clones of yourself to fill out the party. Game definitely has some great variation in the playthroughs. This may be the first RPG since ff7 that I'm planning on a second playthrough.
Yeah, I've seen some stuff with liches too where you kill people like the Queen and you can get the undead version of her as a companion. Among others.

I always play "good" in games like this, partially because I'm just not that big of an asshole, but also because 9 times out of 10 the storyline becomes a giant suckfest once you start acting really evil. They just sort of break down after a point. Figures this is the first one that really, really planned for that from the very beginning, and I didn't take advantage of it. I keep seeing all these closed off dialogue options for Swarm and I'm intrigued. Is there an option to literally just consume almost everyone you meet once you pick that path? If so, that's awesome.

I do find it amusing how I'm the great Commander and people welcome me as a savior, and then I run around their village looting all their shit. I guess that's not evil!

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
Picked this up over the weekend. I think I want the first playthrough to be an iconic lawful good Holy Warrior of some kind going Angel. I'm leaning toward a Paladin, but I keep second guessing it because of everyone going on and on about spell book merging and how fantastic it is. I want the character to be melee focused. Would the Cleric archetype Crusader fit that roll well enough, or should I just stop thinking about it and roll the Paladin?

I'm hoping to do a second evil playthrough later as either a lich or swarm.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Picked this up over the weekend. I think I want the first playthrough to be an iconic lawful good Holy Warrior of some kind going Angel. I'm leaning toward a Paladin, but I keep second guessing it because of everyone going on and on about spell book merging and how fantastic it is. I want the character to be melee focused. Would the Cleric archetype Crusader fit that roll well enough, or should I just stop thinking about it and roll the Paladin?

I'm hoping to do a second evil playthrough later as either a lich or swarm.

You can do a second line (reach) melee Cleric Crusader or Battle Oracle using a Longspear, Glave, or Fauchard. It is how I started and good for the early game. Eventually though, I was casting the whole time because Angel nukes with a bunch of extra caster levels are that good. If you go Crusader with Animal Domain (w/ Boon companion) you get a full scale pet to ride and take some hits for you as well.

If you want to see a whole build planed out for it (meta gamer style) here is a link (he also has a Pally Angel build further up the page (second from the top)): https://www.neoseeker.com/pathfinde...uilds/Main_Character#Divine_Rider_.28Angel.29

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Apparently there is an evil playthrough going as the swarm/locust, where you either kill or remove all the companions, you end up as a solo making clones of yourself to fill out the party. Game definitely has some great variation in the playthroughs. This may be the first RPG since ff7 that I'm planning on a second playthrough.

There's also the neutral aeon path where you become a time traveling judge dredd and go back in time to fix disturbances in certain time spots, and auto-banish demons back to the abyss.

or the secret mythic path where you ascend to godhood.

• 1Like

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
secret mythic path? Is that the legend one where you don't choose a mythic path at all?

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This playful shadow bullshit in the Fane is absurd.

• 1Solidarity

Burns

Any tips on this crazy bastard as I just got to that part as well?

Summons and touch attacks are the standard tactic for all the "skippable" extreme bosses. Lots and lots of summons.

I had my melee guys just sit in a corner with bows equiped (wiffing every shot, but out of danger...mostly) while my main guy nuked with the Angel spell that hits everything (undead for double). My Arcanist was on summon duty. It still took a bunch of reloads (total wipes) and a few raise dead scrolls (when I won).

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I read you can come back to it later in the game so I skipped it for now. Crazy high AC , alnost 1 shots party tanks, abd massive regen and SR.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I cleared out Blackwater last night. What a pain in the ass that was. It was a little jarring with the abrupt change in tone, but whatever. The giant cyborg demons were next to impossible to hit. I really had to make certain I was completely buffed with every trick in the book prior to every engagement. Made certain to use as much of the appropriate element, but it was still a royal pain in the ass.

Was definitely the hardest area I've encountered so far, and I got to the point where I just wasn't enjoying clearing the typical groups in the different rooms.

Also didn't help at the last fight bugged and I couldn't complete the quest. I think it had something to do with the elevators and the enemies refreshing. Seemed like one or two of them were bugged out. Wouldn't let me make my final decision on what to do with the machine, so I had to do the whole fight over.

Just hope there's nothing like that throughout the rest of the game.

All in all the games still great though. I'm just slowly puttering my way through it, probably won't be done for another month or two.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
I wasn't a fan of that whole section of the game either. From my understanding that's how Pathfinders world is so its true to the IP, it was just jarring for myself personally.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Just wrecked him. Buff everyone particularly with death ward. Summon mobs if you can for additional fodder. And use lots of AE heals as those hurt him and heal you. I brought Daeren and Ember. No one died. Ended the fight at full life. Put greater invisibility on the healers too. It helps.

Blackwater sucks. If you have adamantine weapons it makes it much easier.

• 1Like

Burns

Can someone recommend a Gold Dragon build?

Until last patch, gold dragon maybe one of the weaker paths (or just one of the most bugged); so the meta gamers don't seem to be making builds for them yet.

That said, from what I saw, Gold Dragon is all about stats and talents, so it looks like the best synergy is a talent heavy melee trickster.

Unlock all the special trickster talents to get a huge crit range and then gold dragon will give you a bunch more talents, hp, and immunities. As long as you don't respec (non-mod version) after getting Gold Dragon, you can keep any trickster talents.

If you want to comb through it, Reddit has a search by flair, so it is a bit easier to look for builds than Steam:

• 2Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I'd imagine at this point most folks have probably gotten pretty close or already finished their first playthrough.

What's the overall consensus of what's the most fun mythic path, or the ones to avoid?

I'm still not done with act 3 and I've been going Angel for now but will probably try to switch to legend when the opportunity arises.

I think my next playthrough would be lich or aeon.

• 1Like

KDow

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd imagine at this point most folks have probably gotten pretty close or already finished their first playthrough.

What's the overall consensus of what's the most fun mythic path, or the ones to avoid?

I'm still not done with act 3 and I've been going Angel for now but will probably try to switch to legend when the opportunity arises.

I think my next playthrough would be lich or aeon.

I'm going lich next for sure. I stumbled in to trickster and I basically got to turn some folks in to lamps here and there.

• 2Like